Code of Conduct

Default Jaipur EDT vs. EDP strength comparison

I have fallen in love with my samples, which are EDP strength. I've read that the EDP strength is a bit richer. I don't have the option of comparing beforehand.

I can get the EDP 3.4 oz refillable for $70, shipped, or I can get the EDT 3.4 oz gift set, with a shower gel, for $52, and have it tomorrow instead of waiting into late next week.

Which should I get? Is the EDP worth holding out on and spending a bit more on?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Jaipur EDT vs. EDP strength comparison

After testing the EDP first i doubt if you would find the EDT as fascinating as the EDP and then if you regret your purchase it would be bad...
    Though i have no clue about this fragrance as such but i have my experience with the OPIUM EDP & EDT...and i must though they smell virtually the same but i would still want to have the EDP....like you mentioned the edp is always richer and more intense...

THe shower gel business doesnt mean a lot to mean atleast...

well let me put it this way

EDT + Shower gel < EDP as a general rule

gupts

I have the edp, but from what I can remember of testing the edt I would be happy with that as it lasts for a very long time. Obviously the edp lasts longer, so I guess it depends on how much you like this scent to spend the extra 20 on it, in addition to added intensity.

The EdP version of Jaïpur Homme is sweeter, IMHO, and softer, and has fewer "sharp edges." (Same is true of the EdP/EdT versions of Lalique's Equus, and yes, also of YSL's Opium Pour Homme.)

The longevity is better too, but neither with Jaïpur Homme nor Equus is the longevity anywhere near as good as that in the EdP version of Opium Pour Homme.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 12th November 2006 at 07:49 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Firstly I find Jaipur to be a wonderful fragrance that's full of spices, powder and muscle. Emphasis on muscle. Both the edp and the edt have it.
    I had the edp and traded it away. It was to concentrated, to heavy and to thick. The notes, although beautiful and rich, never really opened up on my skin.

The edt opens up and reveals the true fragrance immediately. It's much easier to wear without suffocating you or the people around you. A 3.4 ounce bottle will last you till the comet Cahuteck comes back. Lots O years.

UGH!

I had just about convinced myself to get the EDP, but now you've swayed my mind once again!

Will the EDT last all day, like the EDP? If so, I think I'm sold.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I would personally go for the EDP. Sure, it has a very powdery finish but it's a lot fuller and rounder than the EDT. The EDT is thinner IMO and lasts only about 5 hours on me while the EDP lasts well into the next day.

If you take some of the powder out of the EDP and replace it with a cinnamon accord, that's what the EDT smells like IMO. While the EDT is a good scent on its own, I find it thin and "watered down" compared to the EDP.

Many thanks for the comments, guys. This is what BN is all about.

Just for a frame of reference on lasting power for the edp. I sprayed some on my wrist at 9pm last night, and could still smell it around 1 pm today.

Quote Originally Posted by mason
    Firstly I find Jaipur to be a wonderful fragrance that's full of spices, powder and muscle. Emphasis on muscle. Both the edp and the edt have it.
    I had the edp and traded it away. It was to concentrated, to heavy and to thick. The notes, although beautiful and rich, never really opened up on my skin.

The edt opens up and reveals the true fragrance immediately. It's much easier to wear without suffocating you or the people around you. A 3.4 ounce bottle will last you till the comet Cahuteck comes back. Lots O years.
    I concur at 100% with these comments.
    The EDP is guaranteed overdose IMO.
    The EDT is fresher, but still lasts 12 hours, and doesn't make people run away because they're suffocating. (unless this is your intent)
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Double post, sorry!
    Please delete!
    Last edited by Francois Blais; 12th November 2006 at 08:51 PM. Reason: double post
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

EdP is the way to go. The EdT is OK, but it's thinner and "tinnier," if you know what I mean. It has a slightly metallic note which spoils the balance and bothers my nose a little.

Both are nice, but the EdP is the masterpiece of Boucheron's men's fragrances.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Jaïpur Homme in any version is an excellent oriental, rich with a syrupy vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean layering that gives it a certain viscousness that’s rounded out and balanced very nicely with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I prefer the EDP over the EDT. To my nose, the EDT starts off in a strident, thin, discordant, and prickly manner. With the EDP one only picks up a hint of this discordancy, so overall it is smoother and settles down a lot quicker into the characteristic Jaïpur basenote accord. The Jaïpur Homme Fresh EDT version is very versatile and can easily be worn casually and even dressed up. It’s closer to the EDP version in smoothness and is basically the EDP formulation with the strength and the tonality turned down a couple of notches. It tends to be even smoother than the EDP on initially application. All versions last forever.

Don't buy the EDT on the basis of being scared off by the danger of "suffocating" people with the EDP. With the EDP, the trick is to go lightly on the trigger (never more than two short sprays) and even to allow a little time before venturing out.
    Jaïpur Homme Fresh EDT is safest in this regard, but Jaïpur Homme in the EDT or the EDP versions is one of those fragrance that isn't always easy on the nose initially, but will always settle down to an oneiric kind of basenote bliss, a feature of all Annick Menardo's creations by the way; both versions need time to resolve and to settle. If one is aware of that, there's very little danger of hurting anyone with your sillage whatever version you're using.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 13th November 2006 at 02:08 AM.