Code of Conduct

Thread: Avon???

Question Avon???

I buy Avon makeup, but have not been able to find an Avon fragrance I like. I tried Today, Tomorrow, and Always and found them to be better than the others that I have tried, but I just don't know. I would like to find one at least that I like. Maybe Extraordinary. Avon has been around forever, there must be something I would like. Could I get some suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Avon???

My VERY FIRST PERFUME was Avon's Sweet Honesty. I got it for Christmas in 7th grade. It's a very juvenile fragrance for sure, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. Currently, I wear (and like a lot!) Avon's Tomorrow for men. It's supposed to be full of patchouli and cocoa, but it is VERY much like Lolita Lempicka au masculine which is loaded w/ anise and vanilla.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Question Re: Avon???

I noticed in your wardrobe that you wear a lot of men's cologne. That's great! No judgement here, just curious. I had on about five of them last night in various spots testing them and they really smelled nice, not like the stuff they used to have where just about everything smelled the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae
    I would like to find one at least that I like. Maybe Extraordinary.
    I love Extraordinary - I am big on chocolate and so is this! It has an element of Index's Fleurs de Chocolat about it. It doesn't last as long as I would like on my skin but it is just delicious. I also used to wear Far Away which I think is a very pretty floral with a strong, welcome hit of vanilla. I too love tomorrow for men, which I think is reminiscent of Very Irrestible for men by Givenchy. The bonus with Avon is the relatively low price point which makes trying them much easier!

Thumbs up Re: Avon???

Someone from basenotes listed grapefruit in Extraordinary which is supposed to make one smell seven years younger so I ordered a sample from my Avon lady. I have heard that the Men's Tomorrow is extra special, but I don't get along well with anise. Anyway while I was waiting I bought some Prada. My favorite notes are Almond and Woods and Prada has just enough wood to smell wonderful to me.

Yep, I would have to agree that there are good buys there.

Tomorrow for men is sweet and definately unisex. I thought I would get rid of it once Lacoste pour Homme came in, but they are different enough that I want to keep it.

Look online for specials on Avon, they are there: codes for free shipping, and Avon's own sales. Right now they are having pretty good Valentine day Special.

I did get Perceive EDC which lasts on me as much as an average masculine aromatic EDT. Pretty good buy, but scent is not very refined.

I would stay away from the older out of production Avon, as my mom has one EDT that smells cheap and offensive.

G

There's a lot of info on this forum about Avon frags. Far Away is still currently in production I believe. It's a floriental that some have compared to a Gaultier fragrance. Avon has a history of making some very good perfumes and very good price points. I suggest searching for the forums for "Avon" in the title and see what comes up. You can get lots of info that way.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Gosh, I must have written this ages ago. Anyway, I wanted to like something, the Avon lady is so nice. After smelling a couple dozen, (not in one day) I did find that I love the Men's Tomorrow. When I wear my Lolita Lempika, I like to put a spray of this with it.

Blog Entries

After smelling a couple dozen, (not in one day) I did find that I love the Men's Tomorrow. When I wear my Lolita Lempika, I like to put a spray of this with it.
    Are you talking about the men's version of Lolita Lempicka? If so, I was wearing that the other day & I had the urge to spray some Tomorrow on top of it, but I was going out & I chickened out, lol. So it really does smell nice??

I can't help but love ya CologneJunkie. No it was the women's version, but the men's I have not smelled. Try it sometime and let me know how it worked. But with the women's L.L. OH! It helps give it that extra kick.

Blog Entries

I can't help but love ya CologneJunkie. No it was the women's version, but the men's I have not smelled. Try it sometime and let me know how it worked. But with the women's L.L. OH! It helps give it that extra kick.
    If you like Tomorrow, I think you'd really like the men's version of LL!!!

I'll give it a sniff next chance I get, thanks. I think I'll start turning in, to what, who knows?

I still have some old bottle of Avon - the name sounds great, Unspoken Ultra,
    but the scent... not so good.... Very old one....

Well, I'm glad to see respect for an affordable brand like Avon shown here! :-) I mentioned the discontinued Avon frag "Moonwind" elsewhere. If anyone reading this has an "in" with Avon, please tell them that I said that they need to bring that one back to us! It was my mother's favorite Avon fragrance, and now that she has departed I wish that I could get some of it, put it on my pillow at night and think of her as I drift off to sleep because I miss her so much! :-(

Of course, Mother's tastes and mine weren't identical. I liked Moonwind, but I also liked "Charisma," which she dismissed as "too sweet." Chanel No. 5 was about the only "sweet-" smelling perfume or cologne that she owned, and I do not believe that she wore it much (owned it because of its iconic status?).

I am moving off-topic now, but this is an opportunity to discuss another reason why some of us like certain fragrances: they remind us of those whom we love. The other scents that I associate with her are Germaine Monteil's Royal Secret, and Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds. I used to buy the tiny little bottles of White Diamonds perfume for her. Royal Secret was an interesting case: she was introduced to it by an aunt in Texas whom I really, REALLY dislike but who, I admit, has good taste in fragrance, clothes etc. There was a version of Royal Secret for Men which was pretty good, but it must not have caught on because it got discontinued.