Code of Conduct

Question --> Trumpers GFT vs. Creed Bois De Cedrat <--

GFT notes:
    mandarin, bergamot and lemon, a heart of tarragon, lavender and cypress on a light musk-like base with notes of cedar and moss.

Bois De Cedrat notes:
    a fresh lemon fragrance with woody undertones

I have observed that they both smell quite similar to each other. With a sharp very natural-smelling lemony top notes, to the middle and base notes of cedar, cypress, moss. And they both sport good longevity (especially for citrus fragrances). For the price, I would go for GFT.

Anyone else notice similarities between the two ?
    -

Default Re: --> Trumpers GFT vs. Creed Bois De Cedrat <--

Both are good, but for quality of smell Bois de cedrat wins hands down for me. For longevity gft is exceptional for a citrus and smells pretty fine.

My choice is the Creed which has basically two very natural smelling notes of Sicilian lemon and cedarwood.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 12th November 2006 at 10:15 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: --> Trumpers GFT vs. Creed Bois De Cedrat <--

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Both are good, but for quality of smell Bois de cedrat wins hands down for me. For longevity gft is exceptional for a citrus and smells pretty fine.

My choice is the Creed which has basically two very natural smelling notes of Sicilian lemon and cedarwood.
    Yes I agree that Bois De Cedrat smells more natural (although GFT smells good too) and that GFT has excellent longevity for a predominantly citrus frag.

Another observation is that the top notes of lemon stay far into the drydown with Cedrat, while in the case of GFT the mossy-cypress takes over after the latter half of the heart notes, nearly eliminating the top notes of lemon.

If I can find Bois De Cedrat for a sub $80 price, I would consider splashing out for a bottle
    -