Code of Conduct

Default Trip to Beautycafe Quiz # 4

Hi everybody,

In our SotD thread I have already mentioned that yesterday we visited Ms.Lisa of Beautycafe at her boutique. We played, sniffed, talked, sprayed -- fun fun fun! Was not impressed by either Bond #9 Fire Island or West Side, liked the new CSP Vanille Amande and left with L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzonghka, Susanne Lang Cashmere, Ganache lip gloss, Ciao Bella Vanilla body butter and samples!

As after the previous visits, I would like to share the bounty: the person who guesses correctly what Ms.Lisa was wearing (and she was sick with cold!) will get three samples of my choice (OK, I will let you choose out of 10!) from the lines available at Beautycafe. This time it was the fragrance that she carries and I do not dig , but still having fans on the boards. (The two previous times it was Patou Sira des indes and Jil Sander #4, she does not carry them, but you know how it goes....). I will ship everywhere. So, with no clues, it would be a guessing game. I would not interrupt until Tuesday this time.

Let the fun begin!
    Last edited by Twolf; 28th December 2006 at 12:43 AM. Reason: New trip --> new quiz.

Default Re: Trip to Beautycafe Quiz

OK, I`d better get this quiz out of my mind, so that`s why I will go for that Ms. Lisa wore Brandy (she had caught a cold, right? )

bleu autumn haze

I have no clue ... I don't think I've heard you talk about scents that you don't like ...

I'll take a guess, a wild guess at that:

Tea for Two???
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Since I cannot imagine she followed my bad example with Vicks Vaporub , my guess is Guerlain's Philtre d'Amour There is enough mint in there for someone with a cold
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

So I don't know anything about anything anyway so I looked up Eucalyptus in the BN directory and came up with Malle's Carnal Flowers.:bounce:

Anybody else get ideas when they're feverish?

WolfLady you DO make things interesting!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

She wrapped herself up in Cashmere - Suzanne Lang?

I'm going to guess she would have worn Bond No. 9 Nuits de Noho
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Basenotes Plus

She had a cold, you say? Fresh Scents by Terri Breathe
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Overcome By Fumes

Soie Rouge

Noa by Cacharel?
    Comforting for a cold, but not my favorite either...

Whoops! I just realized you said it was something you didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn
    Comforting for a cold ...
    That's the only clue that was given between the lines , and some of you named really good "comforting" scents. (It was supposed to be a guess, not like trying to solve it using hidden and obvious identifiers.)

Although Ms.Lisa's fragrance has not been exactly guessed, shadesofbleu is the winner with naming the correct house and sensing the comforting quality of what Ms.Lisa was wearing -- L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine (2003) with the notes of: fennel seed, iris, white cedar, guaiac wood, sandalwood, benzoin. She seems to like soft woody drydowns in general and she is not alone, as 21 Basenoters have it on their Wish-Lists! When I said "I do not dig" it, I did not necessarily mean that I did not like it, it is one of them cases when I do not understand the fragrance and my feelings towards it. In other words, I appreciate the quality and the mood of the scent but I am not sure yet if I like it or not!

Thanks for your guesses and checking Beautycafe web-site, and I realize there is over 100 fragrances there, the whole lot!

PMing Shannon right now!
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th November 2006 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling

bleu autumn haze

Oh my! this is really my lucky day I guess!

Thank you! I'm off the read my PM ...

Default Re: Trip to Beautycafe Quiz (#4)

We have visited Ms.Lisa and Ms.Michelle at the Beautycafe today. They moved closer to where we live, so how could I refrain from visiting them once a week now? All jokes aside, I got me a lovely lovely Violettes de Toulouse, purple juice in a gorgeous bottle with the good old bulb atomizer and (you guessed it!) samples.

Like after the previous trips, I would like to share the bounty! You have to guess the scent Ms.Lisa was wearing today. It was a lotion in one of the scents that she is selling in her boutique and not very widely known. First I thought it was an older Patou, but I was wrong.

Let the guessing begin! I will not interrupt until December 31 around this same time, and I will send the package anywhere.
    Last edited by Twolf; 27th December 2006 at 09:27 PM.

Default Re: Trip to Beautycafe Quiz # 4

Anyone? I changed the rules: now more than one guess per person is accepted!

An older Patou? Sounds like this mystery frag should have classic notes - any chance about the Patou accord? does it have roses and jasmine with an animalic drydown? Well ok, I'm fishing for hints . I would have guessed one of the Zents, but they seem much too fruity/fresh/modern...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Jil Sander No. 4? Does that smell like an older Patou? I hear No. 4's cream is delectable.

my thought is either Susanne Lang or Monyette Paris (both of which I would love to try one day!!)

bleu autumn haze

I have no idea what Patou smells like ... so I looked over the website for lotions. hmmmm my guess is : Clean

All ready then! Although the name of the fragrance has not been guessed, Lady_in_Black mentioned Zents, therefore she is the winner. Congratulations and please send me a pm.

Ms.Lisa was wearing Zents Ore lotion, with the notes of iris, bay laurel, coriander and jasmine. All scents in this line can be combined with each other, and up to date my favorite combinations are: Ore+Fig and Mandarin+Ore+Earth. They are not earth-shattering or particularly long lasting, but with smart layering -- and the whole range of SPA products are available -- one can achieve the longer lasting result.

Thanks for checking the Beautycafe site and participating in this little quiz.