Code of Conduct

Default polo crest question

I just won a bottle on ebay. It is 15ml and the seller describes it as Ralph Lauren "goldcrest" perfume. The pictue is pretty poor but I think I can make out a polo logo. It was only £2.99 so I am not really worried about it, but any info would be appreciated:
    Does polo crest come in 15ml? Is that a mini? Was there an EDP version? What does it smell like? Any tips to help determine if it is genuine off gone off?

All help appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Duck.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

nearfantastica

Default Re: polo crest question

Hey there,

I own a full bottle of Polo Crest...but I was introduced to the fragrance through the donation of a 15ml splash bottle. It looks like a full size bottle..only in smaller scale, complete with gold cap. That might the one you are referring to.

The scent itself is very similar to the original Polo, except smoother and slightly less heavy. It's as though they took the strong pine scent out of Polo and replaced it with a golden spicy, amber. I find it a much better balance and far less offputting than the original Polo, which I enjoy thoroughly as well.... It still maintains that strong 80's powerhouse influence.. but makes it a heck of a lot smoother. Classy stuff actually.

Hope you enjoy it!

a.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    Hey there,

I own a full bottle of Polo Crest...but I was introduced to the fragrance through the donation of a 15ml splash bottle. It looks like a full size bottle..only in smaller scale, complete with gold cap. That might the one you are referring to.

The scent itself is very similar to the original Polo, except smoother and slightly less heavy. It's as though they took the strong pine scent out of Polo and replaced it with a golden spicy, amber. I find it a much better balance and far less offputting than the original Polo, which I enjoy thoroughly as well.... It still maintains that strong 80's powerhouse influence.. but makes it a heck of a lot smoother. Classy stuff actually.

Hope you enjoy it!

a.
    Great nearfantastica, thanks very much for the info.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Great nearfantastica, thanks very much for the info.
    Yes, that spicy, amber is partly jasmine ó and a fairly large amount at that. Given that you like the Oakmoss/Patchoulli or R I think you'll like this. It doesn't have that dirty, animalic leather of R. (a sort of hot mediterranean spiciness) but it is v. sophisticated nevertheless. A more friendly combination, I'd say.

I've also discovered that same accord as R. in Ho Hang Club and Portos, both by Balenciaga.

BTW Polo Crest is still available from Amazon U.S. in the 2oz size.

cheers

Eluard

Thanks eluard, sounds good! I will check out thos Balenciaga scents when I get a chance. I haven't had a bottle for many years but I remember polo green very fondly, so I looking forward to trying this

reviews

Well it came today and its genuine, if a little old perhaps. It smells great. Problem is, it has stirred up a huge desire for polo (green). Come back to daddy now.........

...god i used to love that stuff in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm sure I was one of those heavy appliers who gave it a bad name, it just smelled so good

....and just when I thought I could stop shopping for a while

reviews

This is just to inform lovers of the hard to find Polo Crest that it is currently on sale at the UK based website of Direct Cosmetics for £19.99 for 100ml eau de toilette testers (no box and no gold top but the fragrance itself seems in fine condition). I don't know how many testers they have available.

On a sidenote, the original Chevignon cologne is practically the same scent. I found that out by reading a review on here and was delighted to smell that it's true! I bought two bottles since I love Polo Crest so much and it's almost impossible to find in the states.

Chevignon is easier to find than Polo Crest, but that's not saying a whole lot as I've only been able to locate it online and not in stores. I ordered it blindly and will never regret it!
    Last edited by atrac; 23rd November 2007 at 11:47 PM.