Code of Conduct

Default Scents that split the difference

I've seen some threads that compare Scent X with Scent Y, but what about scents that split the difference between two (or more) others, and why? Is there scent that's a middle ground between GIT and Tabarome (or whatever)? List 'em?

Default Re: Scents that split the difference

I think just about every scent out there could be seen as splitting the difference between at LEAST two others.

ok ok I have one

Magnetism splits the difference between Sentiment and L'Anarchiste. I think.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Perhaps Tumulte splits the difference between Tam Dao and Kyoto?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Magnetism splits the difference between Sentiment and L'Anarchiste. I think.
    Ive got some L'Anarchiste on the way to me and im praying its nothing like Magnetism!

Oscar for Men splits the difference between Bulgari PH Extreme and Guerlain Vetiver. Dirtier then Bulgari PH Extreme, but not as earthy as Guerlain Vetiver.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey
    Perhaps Tumulte splits the difference between Tam Dao and Kyoto?
    Seems to me that Tumulte at best is what's left when you subtract Kyoto from Tam Dao . I like those two alot but I hate Iso-E-Tumulte.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

OK, how about this one?
    Roma Uomo splits the difference between Nicole Miller for Men and Minotaure.

Then there's always this one:
    Polo Crest splits the difference between Trussardi Uomo and Polo.

Or how about this one?
    Paco Rabanne XS splits the difference between Himalaya and Paco Rabanne XS Extrême.

Or this one?
    Jean Pascal Pour Homme splits the difference between Devin and Passion for Men.

Then I must mention that:
    Loewe Para Hombre splits the difference between Monsieur de Givenchy and Lacoste Original.

Don't forget that . . .
    Gucci Rush splits the difference between Azzaro Visit and Diesel Green.

But of course:
    Ungaro III splits the difference between Iquitos and Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme.

And finally:
    A*men splits the difference between burning road tar and fecal matter filled with dessicated chunks of cocoa powder.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 16th November 2006 at 03:36 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Oh, one more before I forget -- in fact, the most blatantly obvious one of all:
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme splits the difference between Rive Gauche Pour Homme Light and Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Thrax

I'll have to say that Millesime Imperial splits the difference between Erolfa and Green Irish Tweed. Or atleast thats my thoughts on the whole damn thing.

Sorry if this was a dumbass question. I'm still trying to figure out how things relate, and I thought this might give me some insite as to how certain scents might be alike or different.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by BBRex
    Sorry if this was a dumbass question. I'm still trying to figure out how things relate, and I thought this might give me some insite as to how certain scents might be alike or different.
    Some scents may share the same notes as other scents. Or are comprised of different notes that give X scent the same "feel" or smell as Y scent. So I could say that Halston Unbound smells like Acqua Di Gio with a few notes or accords taken out. I would also say that Halston Unbound is the bridge between Polo Blue and Aqua Di Gio.

Dunhill Desire Blue Splits the difference between Desire Red and Leau par Kenzo.

Good A*Men comparison, TVLampBoy!!! LOL!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

YSL l'homme splits D&G pour homme and JPG le Male right down the middle

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    And finally:
    A*men splits the difference between burning road tar and fecal matter filled with dessicated chunks of cocoa powder.
    Ah, THAT's why I always liked A*men! Thanks for educating me!

Off to lunch.... :brolly:

Beyond Paradise splits the difference between a bucket of girly-drink vomit and a burning plastic shopping bag.

Obsession splits the difference between rehydrated egyptian mummy urine and rotten flower vase water.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah