Code of Conduct

Thumbs up narciso rodriguez for her, edt

the first time I tried this sample I accidently sprayed myself in the face and , well, it was not a good impression. ACK!

tonight, freshly showered and getting ready to go to a parent teacher conference, (oh goody! not!) I decided to give it another try.
    It knocked me socks off, frankly.
    musky rose? not sure what I am smelling,but I like it, it feels feminine, sexy and warm.

the reviews here at basenotes were not that positive overall. (though my reaction seems similar to Goddess Dreams') any fans here?
    can anyone help me identify some of the notes I am smelling? I noticed someone comparing this to SJP Lovely, which I haven't tried at all.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Thumbs up Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    the first time I tried this sample I accidently sprayed myself in the face and , well, it was not a good impression. ACK!

tonight, freshly showered and getting ready to go to a parent teacher conference, (oh goody! not!) I decided to give it another try.
    It knocked me socks off, frankly.
    musky rose? not sure what I am smelling,but I like it, it feels feminine, sexy and warm.

the reviews here at basenotes were not that positive overall. (though my reaction seems similar to Goddess Dreams') any fans here?
    can anyone help me identify some of the notes I am smelling? I noticed someone comparing this to SJP Lovely, which I haven't tried at all.
    The NR was first, SJP ripped it off IMO.

I get wonderful "plump" musk and muted rose. I adore this stuff to pieces! I don't think its terribly girly, then again I love it so much I dont care.

Great choice!

Default Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    The NR was first, SJP ripped it off IMO.

I get wonderful "plump" musk and muted rose. I adore this stuff to pieces! I don't think its terribly girly, then again I love it so much I dont care.

Great choice!
    I could see this being pretty damn hot on a guy, too
    the scent on its own is sensual, to put it mildly
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Talking Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

I could see this being pretty damn hot on a guy, too
    the scent on its own is sensual, to put it mildly
    Oh yes! It smells kinda "dirty" doesnt it!

Smile Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

When I first bought For Her it struck me as being very similar to Lovely. I couldn't smell much of a difference between the two and I was disappointed because I had high expectations of For Her being a heady, voluptuous, vampy scent. Now, having worn both, I am aware of more differences than similarities between the two scents. For Her has depth and warmth, it's sweetness seems to come from a syrupy quality which reminds me a lot of a (tonic?) drink from childhood, can't remember what though. Someone commented, maybe on this site, about how great this frag smells on white cotton and I totally agree - it's perfect on my bathrobe! Subtly sexy, For Her is like a smudgy charcoal portrait. To my nose Lovely is light and airy by comparison, like a pastel sketch.

I have NR for Her edt. The person who sent it to me in a swap said that the musk in it smelled "dirty" on her. But I honestly don't know what that means. Sweat? Private parts? Sex? What's it mean? I'd really like to know. On me, I think it smells clean, elegant, and rather lady-like/feminine. Then again, NR is also woody and slightly boozy. So it does have a masculine thing about it, too. I also think it would smell great on a man. I rarely wear it. Dunno why. I hate my fragrances lately, this one included. Maybe I'll change my mind later. :/

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    Oh yes! It smells kinda "dirty" doesnt it!
    I suppose that is the musk in it...
    Last edited by rtamara41; 16th November 2006 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008
    When I first bought For Her it struck me as being very similar to Lovely. I couldn't smell much of a difference between the two and I was disappointed because I had high expectations of For Her being a heady, voluptuous, vampy scent. Now, having worn both, I am aware of more differences than similarities between the two scents. For Her has depth and warmth, it's sweetness seems to come from a syrupy quality which reminds me a lot of a (tonic?) drink from childhood, can't remember what though. Someone commented, maybe on this site, about how great this frag smells on white cotton and I totally agree - it's perfect on my bathrobe! Subtly sexy, For Her is like a smudgy charcoal portrait. To my nose Lovely is light and airy by comparison, like a pastel sketch.
    This is interesting, love the analogy. I am still finding the edt "warm and deep" as you say, wondering how the longevity would be for all day.
    I am curious about the SJP now, too.
    Speaking of warm and deep smudgy charcoals, my partner is somewhat of a master charcoalist. here is a link to one of his images:
    http://www.timfolzenlogen.com/2002drawings/9.html
    Last edited by rtamara41; 16th November 2006 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    I have NR for Her edt. The person who sent it to me in a swap said that the musk in it smelled "dirty" on her. But I honestly don't know what that means. Sweat? Private parts? Sex? What's it mean? I'd really like to know. On me, I think it smells clean, elegant, and rather lady-like/feminine. Then again, NR is also woody and slightly boozy. So it does have a masculine thing about it, too. I also think it would smell great on a man. I rarely wear it. Dunno why. I hate my fragrances lately, this one included. Maybe I'll change my mind later. :/
    While NR for Her is sensual and warm to my nose, (which is probably the musk) when I think "dirty", Tabac Blond is what automatically comes to mind. It has a "spank me I'm a bad girl" connotation to it. NR is more ladylike, as you put it, in my mind, at least.

I think you need a fragrance intervention to get you out of your "I hate all my fragrances funk." Try Sex on the Beach.

Post Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

I have NR for Her edt. The person who sent it to me in a swap said that the musk in it smelled "dirty" on her. :/
    For what it's worth I don't think For Her smells 'dirty' either! I agree that it's clean and 'clean' can be incredibly sexy.

I think you need a fragrance intervention to get you out of your "I hate all my fragrances funk." Try Sex on the Beach.
    Well...it's getting a little chilly this time of year...but if you really think so...

Well...it's getting a little chilly this time of year...but if you really think so...

I KNEW you were gonna say that! lol!
    seriously, what do you think of sex on the beach demeter fragrance library.
    i found it to be like creamy rasberries. i like that it sells for 19.99 , though i did not buy a bottle, (yet) and that it seems not too serious.

Smile Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

Speaking of warm and deep smudgy charcoals, my partner is somewhat of a master charcoalist. here is a link to one of his images:
    http://www.timfolzenlogen.com/2002drawings/9.html
    It is a pleasure to view the work of an artist who can actually draw! So talented. I especially love portraits and figure studies and I will take more time to view the rest of this site over the weekend. Thank you for including the link!

I hate my fragrances lately, this one included. Maybe I'll change my mind later. :/
    Have read rtamara41's Demeter suggestion. How about Thunderstorm by Demeter - great for clearing the traces of too many perfumes clogging up your scent memory bank. Fabulous 'unperfumey' frag. Like a breath of fresh air - you might need that after Sex On The Beach!

I KNEW you were gonna say that! lol!
    seriously, what do you think of sex on the beach demeter fragrance library.
    i found it to be like creamy rasberries. i like that it sells for 19.99 , though i did not buy a bottle, (yet) and that it seems not too serious.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist! Actually, I have never tried any of the Demeter fragrances.

Have read rtamara41's Demeter suggestion. How about Thunderstorm by Demeter - great for clearing the traces of too many perfumes clogging up your scent memory bank. Fabulous 'unperfumey' frag. Like a breath of fresh air - you might need that after Sex On The Beach!
    I will check Demeter out. Thank you for the suggestions!

It is a pleasure to view the work of an artist who can actually draw! So talented. I especially love portraits and figure studies and I will take more time to view the rest of this site over the weekend. Thank you for including the link!
    aw shucks...thanks.
    (proud glow)

hmm...thunderstorm? interesting. from your description i see how it could be palate cleansing.

I absolutely LOVE NR so I guess I'm not really able to be very neutral about this one:P I tried the edp for the first time today.Many say it's a quite big difference between the edt and the edp.To me they sort of smelled a lot the same.But the edt(that I got)is slightly more "boozy"and woodier,which I love.I also adore the sudden whifs of honey that comes up after a while,and that the fragrance sort of "melts"into the skin and becomes rather soft.I find it sexy,but not in a "naughty girl"way.If you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes
    I absolutely LOVE NR so I guess I'm not really able to be very neutral about this one:P I tried the edp for the first time today.Many say it's a quite big difference between the edt and the edp.To me they sort of smelled a lot the same.But the edt(that I got)is slightly more "boozy"and woodier,which I love.I also adore the sudden whifs of honey that comes up after a while,and that the fragrance sort of "melts"into the skin and becomes rather soft.I find it sexy,but not in a "naughty girl"way.If you know what I mean
    yes, I do. first time I came home from work on a friday night and don't want to rush into the shower...I don't want to wash it off!! I was afraid it wouldn't last all day, but it has. And I actually had a coworker come up to me and tell me that I smelled "outstanding" today , that this fragrance blew him away...
    that is a nice experience for an old working mommy of three to have!
    my sample is the edt.
    and btw,after telling him about this thread, my "partner" informs me that he does not want to be referred to as "partner" but rather as my "love god/manslave." how could I object?
    Last edited by rtamara41; 17th November 2006 at 09:46 PM.

The edt is way too sweet on me. It reminds me of honey (I don't like the smell or taste of honey.) Oh well. The wonders of body chemistry. It smelled really nice on Artisankey.

The edp works much better on me. I also have the hard-to-find roll-on (Musc for Her Oil Parfum) which, like some musks, is impossible to smell on yourself after application.

Tried Rumeur by Lanvin today and realised it reminds me of For Her and Lovely then I checked the review here on Basenotes and was quite pleased to see Rumeur linked to both. Don't know what the notes are but guessing the obvious musk and rose with maybe orange as well? I think it has the 'booziness' of For Her and the lightness of Lovely. Also seems to be more
    floral/fruity than the other two. Am guessing that fans of For Her and Lovely might like Rumeur too.

Neither this nor Lovely worked on me at all! In fact, contrary to how it wears on others, both of them were a bit harsh and didn't settle down well on my skin. I suspect this is a factor of the type of musk, since I have the same experience with Kiehl's musk. Sort of bleachy and smoky at the same time. The NR oil was very, very mild and didn't have that same quality, but it was so mute that it wasn't a justifiable expense.

NR is a very popular scent that is wonderful (on others) when it works. I find the various reactions to it quite interesting. It's definitely one that is very dependent on skin chemistry and body heat.

Talking Re: narciso rodriguez for her, edt

Hi I love Narciso Rodriguez, like about four bottles worth, and one of the edp and also got the LE white bottle from Saks of the NR edt. Suds has wonderful dupes if you are interested, love NR and so many compliments, if I have helped I hope I have

Tested the edt and edp side by side with my daughter, her comments were that the edp was more "sharp." I agree that the edt has additional warmth that I did not notice in the edp. Interesting how these versions are so different.
    I like hearing each person's varied experience with this scent.

I was extremely ambivalent about Narciso Rodriguez when it just came out. I didn't like it at all at first. It first smelled to me like overly heady artificial white floral. When trying again it smelled different, sometimes being an overly strong musk, and sometimes too weak to detect. After going through I dont' know how many samples, and a mini, I figured I actually like it. It can take a while to get used to...

I think Narciso Rodriguez, even though it can be perceived as "pretty" is an unusual scent. It's mostly musk and woods - a clean musk (those who find it dirty surprise me!), not unlike the one used in some of our laundry detergents. By the way, it smells lovely on clothes even after days.
    It has the alcoholic scent that is effervescent and reminds me of both nail polish and champagne. There are florals in here too, but they are very abstract. They are just suggestions for what the flowers could be: hints for orange blossom and osmanthus.

As for Lovely - a lovely scent and original in its own rights, even though it is similar to NR. What they share is musk and some white florals (paperwhites in Lovely as opposed to the orange blossom in NR). But Lovely has a clean patchouli base, and also notes of apples (apple martini is the official note) and lavender. It has an edge to it, and feels drier and more bold in a way as opposed to NR which is more floral and slightly sweeter.
    Both are very wearable and very flexible. I can wear them year around, though I associate Narciso with Spring, because that's is when I worn it most at first.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

After reading and responding to this thread the other day, I spritzed some NR for Her edt on my wrist. I liked it but it didn't knock my socks off and I went about my business thinking, "this is pretty ok, after all." Well, three o'clock in the morning I awoke to the most wonderful aroma -- where was it coming from? The sheets? Me? I sniffed my wrist and it was NR, smelling like it never does when it comes right out of the bottle. It had become this incredible odor hours later. Very interesting.

The "dirty" smell some are picking up has to be a skin chemistry thing. On me, Narciso Rodriguez (edp) had this foul note almost like animal urine, or crushed beetles. I didn't detect this at all when I sprayed it on the sample card, I'm sure it was the way it reacted with my skin. A guy sitting next to me on the bus kept leaning away and rubbing his nose. I kind of liked the cloying flower and honey part of it, too bad I can't wear it.

I have the EDT and I LOVE it. For me it's a little too sweet, and it smells very "clean" to me. To bring out the fabulous solar musk aspects of NR, I love to spray on both NR and some Kiehl's Musk.

I tried the EDP when I lived in Denver, and to me it was surprisingly full of apricot or peach. It was much sweeter than the EDT, and I couldn't smell the fabulous underlying richness (i.e. musk) like I could in the EDT.

I have never tested neither the EdT nor the EdP, but I have a decant coming my way (donīt know which strength it is...)
    Iīd like to hear if anyone has tried the NR in pure perfum??? FragranceX sells the pure perfume roll-on, 0,33 oz for 49 bucks.