Code of Conduct

Default cozying up to tom

this photo makes me look kind of hogacious and not exactly pretty yes it's brave of me to show but how could I hold back. Anyway it's her fault that the tom ford for gucci tshirt with dark flowers is cut to make me looks sort of pudgy or something, not mine! using a camera phone doesn't help matters any... tom suffers too, you'll see!

anyway he was cuuute he demurred at my suggestion that he sniff me a little more closely/thoroughly. I was wearing opoponax, frangipane and pomgranate in different ratios on different parts of me: so damn manly! And a nice change from black orchid, considering the circumstances. But he said it would scandalize everyone. they told me not to grab his ass. they also told me at the last minute that he wouldn't sign the bottle only the box and I wasn't too happy but he said he'd sign anywhere I wanted! I suppose a guy with less class might have run with that. . . sigh . .. I didn't speak to him of the blessed st lydwine.

oh damn pic is too large I have to reduce it which means right now installing photoshop. a bientot... pics of tom and supermarky limbs entwined, box dedication and golden scrawl all over that big bottle to come. . .

Default Re: cozying up to tom

. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that's pretty cool. You got to meet the man himself!!

and he made it out to "supermarky"!!! That's awesome. You definately just earned some Basenotes street cred.
    B'Notes 4 Life, son!

unfortunately I think he's only making 2 stops.

this was easily way better than meeting the latest, however adorable looking, in the long line of creeds (who passed over la in favor of sf!)

Now, where was this photo taken? Is he introducing other "niche" fragrances other than Black Orchid? Thanks for sharing the photo. Tom Ford looks good but he looks like he needs to stay away from the eggnogs this coming holiday season:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I think he's making more, but Black Orchid is his debut release fragrance marketed towards women, I believe.

yes, but its string enough for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    I think he's making more, but Black Orchid is his debut release fragrance marketed towards women, I believe.
    That's what I thought. I understand he's going to introduce at least four, pretty much along the lines of Hermessence by Jean-Claude Ellena. Thanks for re-confirming.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

where does Tom get those shirts?? I love that style- Tom Ford is an idol of mine lol
    probly tailored
    Supermarky, your Black Orchid review in another thread has totally sparked my interest in the scent

Great going Supermarky!

That signed bottle will fetch a bundle on Ebay...or maybe not
    -

I should have bought 2 bottles! I didn't have the requisite cash on hand though.

I have to write part 2 of the review of BO, the cons, also, just another way of thinking about it slightly differently...

he is so hot, reminds me a little of kd lang in this picture, which is not a bad thing.

but that damn tshirt he made I was wearing: the baggy sleeves, the way it is cut off to look like a maternity dress instead of being longer and draping on the hips. I should have given him grief about it!

Default black orchid: the cons

leonardo has a good point, there could be more evolution on the back end. while most scents leave such irreproachable drydowns, even the worst of them, there is something about the simple diminution of how things start off here that I am left with the feeling as though some "heavy syrup" from a canned fruit cocktail has has spilled on me and is waiting to be washed off, rather than some great scent as reached its great conclusion. yet, it's from a gorgeous fruit cocktail.

consider all these horrible mango fragrances, including that hermes. for my sensibility, now at least, it seems like you go wrong when you chase after the really seductive but patently foody notes. suddenly it's an instance of what was discussed on a thread one time re great odors/smells vs great fragrances. is that a mango in your pocket or a cologne?
    Setting that matter of taste aside, also the hermes and other mango oriented frags I've tried really haven't come close enough to anything natural smelling/organic. They come close, but not close enough.

in black orchid what these mango manglers are after is handily surpassed in two ways. one is that the fruit in question here isn't a real fruit, it's an imaginary one, its flesh of fruit based on a floral note. secondly, the complexity of the scent and the naturalness of it not only captures what this fruit would be but captures it at this very exact moment in its life/death. I can't think of anything I've tried that has such a dynamic relation between the opening and the middle. this aspect of the fragrance is stupifyingly stupendous.

really the scent is all about the opening and the middle. . . then... well, I think it's like one of those leonardo frescos. it simply begins to disappear, rather than coming to a satisfying conclusion. but this is the price leonardo paid for being visionary and it happened to him all the time and almost nothing survives.

bear in mind my ignorance of womens fragrances is even huger than my ignorance of men's fragrances... while this stuff seems wildly original to me and thus can be forgiven its shortcomings by me anyway, perhaps there are precedents where what I'm getting here is done with more assurance. I wouldn't know!

I read somewhere there were going to be 12 scents by the way. If only that meant I would get 12 chances at la ford! so volutuous, so invogorating to be near. perhaps he's a monster in real life but he certainly has charm to burn for a crowd of several hundred people whom he indulged really kindly, I think.

Default lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hiverl

oops meant to start a new thread

Ford makes me weak in the knees -- yummmmmmmmm!
    (For all I know, he's a pompous assh-le in everyday affairs, but, let's face it -- he's HOT.)

How incredibly COOL that you got your purchase signed!

Can't wait to try Black Orchid. (I've sure as hell loved both Rive Gauche and M7!)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky

but that damn tshirt he made I was wearing: the baggy sleeves, the way it is cut off to look like a maternity dress instead of being longer and draping on the hips. I should have given him grief about it!
    LOL! i thought the same thing!...
    Thank you very much for sharing your pictures with us!

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    anyway he was cuuute he demurred at my suggestion that he sniff me a little more closely/thoroughly. I was wearing opoponax, frangipane and pomgranate in different ratios on different parts of me: so damn manly! And a nice change from black orchid, considering the circumstances.
    You should have sniffed him to find out what scent he was wearing. My money's on Gucci PH.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

well since he wouldn't sniff me I wasn't about to sniff him!

hey where did the photo go ? ? ?

well here it is again then, someone wants to look, don't want to dissapoint her!
    Attached Images Attached Images