Code of Conduct

Default looking for a new perfume

yesterday I wore chanel chance edp and I really liked it, it is one of the few perfumes that lingers all day on me.
    and then i looked up the price gah it's too expensive

today i experimented with samples of alien and giorgio armani (code and elle). i don't like the armani stuff but i do like alien more or less. Just wish that the alien was stronger and more outstanding.

I used to only wear flowery, sweet perfumes like poupee by rochas, aqua di gio from armani, hugo boss and tommy hilfiger stuff,...

but now i really want a smell that stays put all day and that makes me stand out from the crowd. So i'm looking for a really dark, woodsy, heavy and still sexy scent. i need a counsellor to help me,... I wear lot's of black and heavy silver (designer) jewellary and I want something that goes with that!

any recs would be appreciated! thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for a new perfume

I'm not sure if you are looking for a masculine or feminine fragrance, but maybe you should look into Gucci Envy or YSL M7.

Quote Originally Posted by arjen
    today i experimented with samples of alien and giorgio armani (code and elle). i don't like the armani stuff but i do like alien more or less. Just wish that the alien was stronger and more outstanding.
    I can think of few fragrances that are stronger than Alien (which I love, by the way). Have you tried Dior Addict? Or would that be too mainstream? I don't know many niche fragrances. Armani Mania is pretty strong, and woody/sexy imo.

If it suits you, you might want to give YSL Opium a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: looking for a new perfume

I too think Alien is pretty strong but may I suggest Costume National Scent and Scent Intense as possibilities? Also Le Baiser Du Dragon which I think is a very dark, heavy woodsy fragrance. See what you think of the reviews in the Directory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arjen
    yesterday I wore chanel chance edp and I really liked it, it is one of the few perfumes that lingers all day on me.
    and then i looked up the price gah it's too expensive

I used to only wear flowery, sweet perfumes like poupee by rochas, aqua di gio from armani, hugo boss and tommy hilfiger stuff,...

but now i really want a smell that stays put all day and that makes me stand out from the crowd. So i'm looking for a really dark, woodsy, heavy and still sexy scent. i need a counsellor to help me,... I wear lot's of black and heavy silver (designer) jewellary and I want something that goes with that!

any recs would be appreciated! thanks!
    How about mainstream scents like Donna Karan Black Cashmere, Dior Poison, Tom Ford Black Orchid; perfume oils from Kuumba made, Madini, or Attar Bazaar (a straight up sandalwood or musk would be nice), Sage Machado Garnet Oil would fit the bill, but I think it's expensive for an oil, many swear by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oils, but I've never tried any and don't have patience with the site; if you're female, try wearing a spicy men's scent like Hermes Equipage, one of the Comme de Garcons Incense Series, or Montale Black Aoud. Many of the Serge Lutens have that woodsy, dark intensity to them, as well: perhaps Miel de Bois, Arabie, or Fumerie Turque.

There's loads to sniff out there!

Try Rive Gauche, can't go wrong with that stuff.