Code of Conduct

Thread: Paradise

Default Paradise

I did it. I bought Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise Men.

Yes, I know: it's terrible, atrocious, Hitler's cologne, a few steps up the olfactory ladder from a teenage bar hopper's puke at closing time.

Well, IIIIII don' care! (You have to read that last bit in Yosemite Sam's voice for the proper effect).

I can't say enough good things about this one. Anyone else want to step out of the crowd, join me in this fatalistic march down to the ocean, like a bunch of great-smelling Lemmings?

Default Re: Paradise

I am probably Beyond Paradise's number one HATER!!!

but...

"While I do not agree with what you are saying, kind sir, I'll defend to the death your right to say it!"-Peter Griffin
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

This one has had split opinions always. I kind of like it, and found the bashing it has received in the review section a bit over the top. I gladly admit that I am far more attracted to the original feminine cologne. That is a feast to my nose. Just sniffed from the bottle, or on paper. I do not own either bottle.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    I am probably Beyond Paradise's number one HATER!!!

but...

"While I do not agree with what you are saying, kind sir, I'll defend to the death your right to say it!"-Peter Griffin
    Hehe... Peter Griffin. I said Peter.

I'd always thought the original quotation was by Voltaire. Apparently, it's not: http://www.classroomtools.com/voltaire.htm

Any other takers on the Paradise Express?

The first couple of times i tried BP for men it was a disaster, i didn't like it, seemed too sweet, i was uncomfortable with the ridiculous names of the notes (the official notes are:
    Top Notes:
    Fresh and tangy, with Eden's Mist, Jabuticaba Fruit and Eden Buchu
    Middle Notes: Cool, invigorating, energetic with Mediterranean Accord, a blend of Lavender Absolute, Provence Sage, Tarragon and Thyme
    Base Notes: Unfolds a masculine sensuality with Golden Melaleuca Bark, Eden Vetiver, Beach Wood, Oak Moss and Patchouli)...see what i mean? and thought that in general it was some sort of cacophony, a discordant release.
    After giving it some more tries i am liking it more and more but while it's not a wow! scent for me, i feel that it sits comfortably in a colder weather at least on my skin.
    I felt a similar dislike, well not really a similar one: i hated even more the female version, now i think it's just "ok" but i still don't really like it. I keep it only for the bottle!
    If you're going to get any BP release, you have to try out BPBlue: i think it's a better scent.

I do really like BPBlue, castor, although I'm not sure I agree with you on discordance. On the contrary, my feeling that it's a very harmonious, almost linear scent, something that may even be a negative for some of its haters.

Oh heck, what do I know? I just like it. :-)

Great scent, Love the misty, waterfall feel to this one...STELLAR.

Quote Originally Posted by musclegod007
    Great scent, Love the misty, waterfall feel to this one...STELLAR.
    Another taker! Excellent!!

You think we can call ourselves the Blue Paradise Group?
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Thrax

I dont understand why it gets bashed so damn much around here. It is generaly a very appealing scent. The longevity aint bad. The ladies love it. I love it. Count Daddy Thrax in as a fan.

I am a conditional fan. Confession: I bought it only because LT raved about it on his blog. Tried it and thought, "Eh, interesting...but not so great..." and stashed it away. Then on a whim, I took the bottle along to Hawaii last April. Somehow, a change of geography and climate made the difference. I absolutely fell heels over head in love with it's sweaty, sweet, fruity/spicey-ness and wore nothing else for the entire trip (Scent. Nothing else for scent. I did bring several changes of sarong.)

Since that trip, I have used it rarely and with no where near the same effect.

*riff

Doesn't work for me....I'm happy that you like this.
    Gary