Code of Conduct

Question Opinions on House of Kenzo

OK, I collect Flower and it's variations, love it, blah blah blah, but what are your opinions of the whole group of fragrances of the House of Kenzo? I just found El Mundo Es Bello/Le Monde Est Beau in Germany and it's revived my love of grapefruit. Not so crazy about Amour but it's kinda comfy in the evening during a rainstorm....

Default Re: Opinions on House of Kenzo

Amour has worked incredibly well for me. At first I really had no opinion of it, other than that it didn't seem very substantial. Later, I realized that the drydown was wonderful, and it does last quite a long time on me.

I enjoy both Flowers on other people, from a distance. They were too powdery for me overall and didn't really develop much, retaining the rose/violet throughout. The Red parfum was preferable to the clear bottle.

I used almost a whole bottle of Elephant at one time, although at some point I conflicted with the licorice note. Tiger I have and wear occasionally, but I have many things with fruit tops and they lately are not my favorites.

The summer one, in the leaf-like bottle, was a plain and inconsequential light floral (mimosa?) that had very little zest and was instantly forgettable.

Do not know the Monde est Beau one.

I'll have to give Amour more of a chance, I think! It's so subtle. I love Elephant but go on and off it, sometimes gotta have it, sometimes, it's too much. I didn't like Summer, either, but I don't like mimosa at all. I think the Monde est Beau/ Ca Sent Beau are only available in Europe now.You might like Flower Oriental if the original Flower was too sweet. Great bottle, at any rate.

Never been lucky with Kenzo. Wanted to love Jungle Tigre (naturally) but it just didn't happen.

And L'Eau Par Kenzo is one of my all-time top dislikes.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Oh yes, I tried Flower Oriental at Sephora and I noticed it paid a short visit to the Elephant idea, as though it juxtaposed Flower with Elephant to create something semi-nouveau. Definitely caught a bit of Elephant's licorice. I recall liking the drydown but wondering if I would use up a bottle or whether it would join the ranks of my other "occasional" perfumes (the kind where a 50 ml bottle lasts four years). I think I will find a decant of it.

I really enjoy that Amour, though. I was so unimpressed initially when the SA sprayed my hand. I thought it had no presence and very little personality, until later. Some of it remained on a sweater and I purchased a small bottle subsequently and have almost finished it. It reminds me of a very diminished Flower red-bottle parfum with milky and woody notes. It is the wood that makes this scent so quietly inviting. I find I select it on those days when I can't make my mind up about anything else.