Code of Conduct

Default Help in Deciding

Hey gang,

I'm trying to decide on Jean Pascal PH or Quimbaya. I know there's a difference in structure however I want something that's not too strong and perhaps won't give me a headache? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jim M.

Default Re: Help in Deciding

They are both relatively strong, herbal concoctions. Pascal however had an herbal aspect that became jarring and annoying whereas Quimbaya wore smoother. Go for the latter.

I think both are very good fragrances - the choice is yours. Both are 'strong' in that sense. JP is more of a sour/herbal/mossy fragrance, whereas Quimbaya is in the vein of a spicy fahrenheit (and also, it lasts long). I'd probably go with both (and I have both! ).

I don't know what to tell you, as I haven't tried Quimbaya yet. I do know that the JP wears very, very well on me. If you like Aramis' Devin, you'll love Jean Pascal. If you hate Devin, though, well, you get the picture.

Am anxious to try Quimbaya myself.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Thanks for the replies. Looks as though i might just have to purchase both.. hmmm that was a simple decision.

Regards,

Jim M.

considering the price, that shouldn't be too painful (buying both, that is). i love PH (actually i think it's called jean pascal...)
    . I only find it strong at the beginning, afterward it just turns into a kind of warm blanket (in a good way). soft spices, not jarring spices. i don't get the sour note -- i find most ouds to be the epitome of "sour", while JP i find to be too round to be called sour. but that's just me.

i have a sample of the Q but haven't tried it yet. i'll give it a dab when i get home from work and see if there's anything i can add.
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)