Code of Conduct

Default Help deciding what to wear to college party

I'm going to a party tomorrow (Saturday) night at a stranger's house. I was invited by a girl I've been interested in for a while now. This is where the answer becomes a little bit more difficult...should I apply something in the interest of the party or the girl? Here are the scents I have with me:

L'eau Par Kenzo
    DKNY Be Delicious (original)
    Sentiment
    Magnetism
    EA Night
    Code
    Allure Sport
    Tommy T

Normally in a party atmosphere I'd wear something like Magnetism, but I think I might rather enjoy EA Night if I can get some time alone with this girl. I'm starting to think Sentiment or Code might work well in this environment, too. Argh. Because I am so familiar with each frag I have at school, I have trouble recalling the mystique they used to have to my nose that others will discover when they get a whiff of me to the point that I don't know what kind of reaction to expect. Of course my natural charisma always takes over to the point where I need no frag to meet people and have a good time, but as a frag junkie I dwell on these matters beforehand, so I'm calling on all members for help! Thanks guys.

Default Re: Help deciding what to wear to college party

Unfortunately, I don't know all of them. But these four I would not wear:
    L'eau Par Kenzo
    DKNY Be Delicious (original)
    Allure Sport
    Tommy T

I don't know Sentiment, and can't recall Magnetism (is it very fruity?). I guess I would go with Code.

Post Thanks / Like

At least you don't lack self-confidence.

I rather like DKNY Be Delicious, and I can't see how it would be inappropriate for this sort of affair.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Code I vote.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    At least you don't lack self-confidence.

I rather like DKNY Be Delicious, and I can't see how it would be inappropriate for this sort of affair.
    I rather like it not, that's about all Seriously, I just think that it's not very romantic. Fruity fresh young may be in order for some occasions, but if there's a self-confident guy thinking about approaching a woman he likes, I feel Code is a better augmentation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really like Allure Sport, and I also vote for Code. I can't see you going wrong w/ Code at all...exept for that it's VERY popular and you might end up reminding her of another guy.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Code

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of an Elizabeth Arden fragrance called Night.

Of those listed, Code or Allure Sport seem most appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Never heard of an Elizabeth Arden fragrance called Night.
    Have you heard of an Armani fragrance called Emporio Armani Night? I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to.

As for what to wear... man, we have TOTALLY different tastes because honestly I'm not a big fan of any of those scents. That being said, I would probably pick Allure Sport. It's at least pleasant.

Post Thanks / Like

Allure Sport is golden.
    On a side note, don't worry about the girl. She'll be unimaginably interested in you if you are cool, detached, and unattainable. You can't be thinking about her or always analyzing your actions around her. Just do whatever. Don't wear the cologne for her, wear the cologne for (yourself, and) the collective body of girls at the party, which includes her. Get what I'm saying?

Post Thanks / Like

Code is your best bet.

Wink Re: Help deciding what to wear to college party

I was invited by a girl I've been interested in for a while now.

I know you're looking for help here, but I'm just bad (as in bad) enough to say wear....nothing? OK, I'm sorry, I think you should wear what makes YOU feel like yourself the most - whatever scent it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5
    Allure Sport is golden.
    On a side note, don't worry about the girl. She'll be unimaginably interested in you if you are cool, detached, and unattainable. You can't be thinking about her or always analyzing your actions around her. Just do whatever. Don't wear the cologne for her, wear the cologne for (yourself, and) the collective body of girls at the party, which includes her. Get what I'm saying?
    This man sure knows his stuff Don't follow her around like a puppy dog all night, do your own thing. Make an effort to meet new people at the party. Also, don't be afraid to bust on her a little, this shows that ur confident, and that she dosn't intimidate you, have fun, and don't let her know you've liked her for sometime now...But anyways, i'd go for the Armani Code you can't go wrong with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5
    Allure Sport is golden.
    I vote for Allure Sport. So I guess we agree on one point, because...
    I vote for being attentive to the girl, at least if you care about her or are at all interested in her. Being aloof , cool, detached and unattainable sounds like , um, GAME PLAYING to me? And a sure way to repel smart, sensuous and interesting women.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    I vote for Allure Sport. So I guess we agree on one point, because...
    I vote for being attentive to the girl, at least if you care about her or are at all interested in her. Being aloof , cool, detached and unattainable sounds like , um, GAME PLAYING to me? And a sure way to repel smart, sensuous and interesting women.
    But isn't it really a game, at least in the beginning? Of course he's not going to remain aloof all night. It's just about the initial impressions one gives off, and being too attentive initially may look like trying too hard. Just being nice to women often doesn't get you very far He can still go that way later on.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    But isn't it really a game, at least in the beginning? Of course he's not going to remain aloof all night. It's just about the initial impressions one gives off, and being too attentive initially may look like trying too hard. Just being nice to women often doesn't get you very far He can still go that way later on.
    I have probably got at least twenty years and about million orgasms(multiple ones) on you guys...
    life is too short to play games... it is more fun to make genuine connection...
    but that is just my opinion... and I'm the lone female voice at the moment on this thread, too ... oh, I suppose in reality it is pretty damn hard to navigate through this world without any game playing, but one can try, eh?
    not to be judgmental, guys, just telling you what I think.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Make it Magnetism.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]