Code of Conduct

Thread: Flesh cave

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Flesh cave

Having already applied scent for the day on my wrists, inside elbows, decolatage, I was applying dabs of frags that just arrived in the mail on the back of my hands when I spotted a "throw-in"--someone had sent me a half vial of Chanel Bois des Iles. "Okay, I will certainly have to set aside clean skin at a later date to sample THAT!" I rationalized.

.... Well, three minutes later I was looking for fresh flesh ...

I finally laid a drop of the Chanel on the lifeline of my palm. Then, placing my pinky fingertip at the end of one eyebrow, my thumb at the end of the other eyebrow, with the fingers in between planted across my forehead, I rested my face on my fingertips and my elbow on my desk, closed my eyes and ... oh, why haven't I always sampled fragrances like this! In the darkened grotto of my arched hand I found another world. I could nestle comfortably like this until I drafted this scent into a dreamworld with me. As I breathe, the vapors swirl and twirl and warm up in this flesh cave. I don't want to leave this place. And I will forever associate Bois des Iles with this facilitating posture.

Please, do go "spelunking" like this.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Flesh cave

The Vulcan mind meld, revised.

Flesh grotto! And here I thought this was going to be another thread about the exciting smell of human effluvium.

I always test fragrances on the fat wad (some say cushion) between the thumb and forefinger. I find this gives the best drift and each time I raise that hand the scent rises.

Bois des Iles was one I could not wear, so I'm glad it works so well for you (and everyone else) in your facilitating posture,which I have just tried UPSIDE DOWN.

Overcome By Fumes

I too confess to thinking I might come across a vulgar passage from a seedy novel with a posting of such title.

Nonetheless, it seem to me that the skin of the palmar surface of my hand is very different in texture, thickness, hair follicle density, and perspiration from places I normally wear fragrance which leads me to think it may not be the best location for testing over the course of the day. That and the fact that my profession leads me to wash my hands dozens of times a day. In the short run, the thenar eminence may seem a good place, but I don't think it is likely to be ideal in the long run.

summer means fireflys

LOL!! yes, I thought it might be yet another one of those links to the nudie beach site that keep showing up here.

It will be interesting to see if you like the testing site as much with a different fragrance, maybe one that is not quite as impressive as Bois des Iles.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I recall an article about a niche house whose boutique had handblown Murano glass globes for sniffing. The idea was to add a drop, wait a bit, and then sniff so that the top and middle notes were held together. Or something like that. Perhaps this is effective in the same manner, holding just a tiny dab of frag together long enough to get the full impression of a full application.

It seems more socially acceptable, in a Greta Garbo kind of way, that what I do occasionally. Not every time! In the privacy of my own home I sometimes spray my cleavage....and wear my T-shirt collar pulled up over my nose like a bank robber.
    Last edited by Shycat; 21st November 2006 at 02:04 AM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    The Vulcan mind meld, revised.
    Yes, I like that imagery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    Flesh grotto! And here I thought this was going to be another thread about the exciting smell of human effluvium.
    Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    I too confess to thinking I might come across a vulgar passage from a seedy novel with a posting of such title.
    Why, you naughty, naughty girls!
    I thought that title might make our moderators' hearts skip a beat , but wasn't it fun to anticipate what followed!?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu
    It will be interesting to see if you like the testing site as much with a different fragrance, maybe one that is not quite as impressive as Bois des Iles.
    Last night I did this with Nuits de Noho, and it is kind of zen experience. It not only focuses the scent but the mind. It's another nifty way to experience a fragrance.
    I recall an article about a niche house whose boutique had handblown Murano glass globes for sniffing.
    But, of course--like a brandy snifter concentrates fragrance and walls off exterior influences.
    In the privacy of my own home I sometimes spray my cleavage....and wear my T-shirt collar pulled up over my nose like a bank robber.
    In my house, that's the position assumed when trying to evade an unpleasant smell.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

So, just before I bed down in my satin sheets? I spray the chosen favorite for the night (The frag! The frag!) along the inside of both arms and on the back of the hand and snuggle down on my side, head pillowed on a curved arm - the other arm curved in around my face.

Voila! Another different flesh cave.:bounce:

Sadly, by morning, most Chosen Favorites have vanished. (sigh)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    So, just before I bed down in my satin sheets? I spray the chosen favorite for the night (The frag! The frag!) along the inside of both arms and on the back of the hand and snuggle down on my side, head pillowed on a curved arm - the other arm curved in around my face.
    This is how I turn into sweet dreams by bed time, too!

(sadly no satin sheets, though, but flannel for this time of the year, here up north among the Polar bears . No, just kidding about the Polar bears!)