Code of Conduct

Thread: Antaeus

Talking Antaeus

After loving this fragrance on a coworker who wears only this and Egoiste , and after reading the mini myth online about the Greek God Antaeus who is in touch with his "vulnerable and feminine" side, when I found the last bottle at a local dept. store, I bought it "for my man." But really I think I bought it for myself
    It smells sooooooooooooo good! Can't I just be the Mother Earth portion of this fragrance that is supposed to keep Antaeus away from destruction, or whatever? I have hidden the bottle and keep going to sniff it now and then.
    I will give it to my Honey for Christmas, but will probably have a number of private encounters with it before then...hee hee hee...
    Is this normal? Do you guys ever just sniff the women's perfumes like that? Eh? It seems like you folks are quite gender flexible with any number of these fragrances. I like that.
    AND btw I finally caught a whiff of JHL and it DOES smell just like Women's Opium to me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Antaeus

This fragrance is an absolute one-of-a-kind. Just as so many '80s and '90s frags were way out there, let's face it - groundbreaking! - Antaeus fills and will always fill a niche of its one.

A gem, as unique and brilliant as the Hope Diamond.

Mario

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Antaeus

Antaeus is perhaps, my absolute favorite and my wife has come to associate it with certain "intimate encounters" (wink, wink). I don't know if she has secret liasons with the old Greek while I am not around, however.

I do enjoy sniffing her Bois des Iles and will sometimes squirt a little on my wrist for later in the day.