Code of Conduct

Default Jasmin - Lutens versus Montale ?

For those who have had a chance to sample, or even wear A LA Nuit and Jasmin Full side by side: how do these two compare? And also - is there an alternative to these? I mean jasmin soliflower, not a perfume with a lot of jasmin in it, like Patou has made.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Jasmin - Lutens versus Montale ?

I found A La Nuit beautiful until the drydown...too much musk (I don't like musk anymore). Jasmin Full was more of a pure jasmine, and it is so worth the $$ to me.

Basenotes Institution

Montale hands down, due to the reasons described by Tinker424.

I've done pretty careful wrist to wrist of SL A La Nuit and TDC Jasmine de Nuit. Montale Jasmine Full was a bit too full for me, thickly sweet with too much pikake jasmine, and not enough underpinning. BUT, I never gave it a full day's wear since I got so focused on the other two. A fine mission for me today!

You can Google reviews on Jasmine de Nuit, and NowSmellThis is on the money. The jasmine is a blast of delight up top and fades in the middle, and is gone in the drydown of mostly amber and sandalwood. It uses cardamon, cinnamin, and star anise to accent, which happen to be my favorite spices. I don't care for amber.

SL A la Nuit accents with clove, my despised spice, but the clove is used lightly. It's jasmine persists to my nose to the almost end of a benzoin and musk. I love musk.

I want the top of JdN, a little of both the middles, and the base of A la Nuit. Is that too much to ask for??? Oooooh, I never wore them layered....

Meh, I remember now why I skipped the Jasmine Full. I know it's a great and true soliflore, but I just don't like the soprano sticky sweet pikake. And as unreasonable as it sounds coming from me, the transparent flower girl, apparently for jasmine alone I need more depth, richness, spice, and base.

Being a jasmine addict, I'm with the other T's (Tinker and TWolf) in voting for Montale.

I did an enquiry a month or so on the same subject and got lots of advice and samples here - try Ayala's Jasmin and her Tamya if you like a softer approach. But for a guy - I'd go with Jasmin Full any day!! Very Arabian Nights.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 19th November 2006 at 03:42 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

See now, this is just breaking my heart! Why can't I love Jasmine Full, too? I feel like I'm color blind at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    See now, this is just breaking my heart! Why can't I love Jasmine Full, too? I feel like I'm color blind at Christmas.
    Nah! Shy Pussers don't need Jasmine full blast!!!:bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

My nose is blind
    I don't get any musk whatsoever in Ŕ la nuit

Jasmin Full - by Montale.

I have a story to tell about this. I love this scent so much I once told a woman who was sampling this, that I would follow any woman who wore this all around the world, even if she put me on a leash.

She bought it instantly (of course she loved the scent too ).

Guess what she did , she came in wearing Jasmin full the next day with a leash in her hand .

No I won't tell the rest of the story................
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    Jasmin Full - by Montale.

I have a story to tell about this. I love this scent so much I once told a woman who was sampling this, that I would follow any woman who wore this all around the world, even if she put me on a leash.
    She bought it instantly (of course she loved the scent too ).
    Guess what she did , she came in wearing Jasmin full the next day with a leash in her hand . No I won't tell the rest of the story................
    Is your portrait availble with BN? Any similarity between you and her poodle? Hard to see how that story could go further... but store owners can't just run !
    Last edited by narcus; 27th November 2006 at 08:29 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Montale has a jasmine?? Where have I been???

I really think a la Nuit is beautiful...for the 10 minutes it registers on my skin and then it's gone: poof!

Jasmin Full huh? Must locate a sample...
    Last edited by Artisankey; 30th November 2006 at 06:13 AM.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Jasmin Full is the ultimate jasmine scent for me. Absolutely adore it.