Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 19 November

After almost three weeks of nothing but L'Artisan scents - Serendipitous. Hearing distant voices singing "Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! The great big greedy nincompoop!" and "Veruca Salt, the little brute..."

Have a superb Sunday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 19 November

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers. Such a nice, cheerful fragrance.

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

A grey and somber day. Perfect for visiting an old love: Isabey Gardenia. The scent is not really 'morning wear' I think (rich, powerful), but since I am not going out today: who cares? I love this perfume!!

Although the Limited Edition of 1500 beautiful mouth-blown pearl bottles of Isabey Gardenia is still on the site of Panouge, I have my doubts if it is still available in this form. On several sites recently a new and lovely 'golden' bottle appeared.

Notes taken from the site of Now Smell This: Tangerine bark, Ylang-Ylang, Orange flowers, Gardenia, Bulgarian rose, Jasmine, Iris, Musk, Ambergris and Sandalwood

Thank you, dear Lady in Black for the confirmation that Artemisia Gentileschi indeed was an Italian Artist (SotD Saturday 18 November). Remarkable mistake from OzMoz
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Aramis 900
    Wishlist is pointless.

Today I`m sampling Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli. An oriental-floral (2006), with notes according to OsMoz:
    Top: Mandarine orange, mango blossom, artemisia
    Heart: Tahitian tiare, violet, frangipani, black pepper
    Base: Tolu balm, sandalwood, amber

Have a nice Sunday, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Christian Dior Addict
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

24 degrees celsisus, cloudy and humid.
    Creed Fleurissimo
    A hectic day for furtniture shopping.
    Notes taken from ParfumsRaffy: Tuberose, Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Florentine iris. It has great staying power, it was a fragrance commissioned by Prince Rainier of Monaco for Princess Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    After almost three weeks of nothing but L'Artisan scents - Serendipitous. Hearing distant voices singing "Augustus Gloop! Augustus Gloop! The great big greedy nincompoop!" and "Veruca Salt, the little brute..."

Have a superb Sunday, everyone!
    Too funny! I have to go see if I have any chocolatey samples....

Good old Ombre Rose on this cold, rainy, gray, bleah day. It's like soft flannel pajamas for my soul, on a day when I should be staying home and making soup and bread but instead must work.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Une Folie de Rose, Les Parfums de Rosine. Pretty and chypre.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Because of High_Tech_Radiance's mention of layering them, I'm trying Stella (Rose Absolute) with Black Cashmere. It's the Goth-iest!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hair turned out all punky and spiky this ayem - which dawned bright and brisk - climbed into tights and sweats (LAYERING, you know) and without any research dived into Metallica thinking it would fit the mood.

SURPRISE! Soft and flowery - iris making an appearance, and ylang ylang underscored by the most refined vanilla. (Even though I'm VERY into Miller Harris these days - Guerlain can do NOTHING WRONG as far as I'm concerned.)

Had to change clothes! And attitude!!:bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Another Ormonde Jayne testing day, with Orris Noir this time...it's slowly dawning on me that none of her perfumes is meant for me, although I can't actually tell why. I can hear my credit cards cheering
    Have a wonderful Sunday! xxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Romance Silver by RL
    Gary

Sampling Miss Balmain this morning.

I've been traveling in a floral-chypre time capsule the past couple of days.

Basenotes Plus

SA Majeste La Rose by SL from a very generous swap buddy. Hug!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

It's feeling a little like spring on this November day because I'm wearing Eau de Camille. This green fragrance is one of those "me" fragrances.

Ormonde Jayne Tolu for me today.

I'm wearing MPG Soir d'Orient today.

Mmmmm magical stuff!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

After a lot of sampling lately I'm wearing one of my own today-Trouble.

LesNez Unicorn for Mr.Twolf's birthday. Cooked lentil soup with smoked turkey and baked a cake. Fixing to go to work here.

Lightbulb Re: SotD Sunday 19 November

Sampled Apres l'Ondee in my hunt for a Guerlain that loves me and was pleasantly surprised at its palatable softness...one I will delve into more deeply...
    freshly showered, I sprayed Parfum Sacre on my left wrist and vintage Tabac Blond cologne on the right(thanks, t) ... I feel like I have my yin and yang on either side!
    The Tabac Blond is definitely a fragrance to wear with no apologies...
    because some people will find it rather shocking...(in the words of a coworker, "I'd rather put a rope around my neck and hang myself than wear that." Just an example of the extreme responses I imagine one can have to this perfume.)
    Thankfully, I LOVE it.
    I love both.
    I am painting today and with each of these beauties in sniffing distance, I am quite content.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I had a lovely time with Shalimar Light yesterday, after neglecting it for a year. It actually had a bit more base than I recall, or else my nose was more sensitive.

Someone upthread mentioned Folie de Rose. Think I will second the Rosine with d'Ete, which is another neglected gem.

Most of my perfumes follow the same trajectory: purchase, wear 2x, stash, ignore, revisit, decide. Then there are the stalwarts that mysteriously seem to get used up in a month, even if I only remember wearing them once!

It's a quiet, cold, foggy day today, and I'm wearing Samsara, sweet and simple, yet somehow intriguing. I've already garnered quite a few compliments from the BF, who says that it "smells like cookies."

The BF insisted that we go for a walk up the mountain first thing this morning, so I didn't put anything smelly on. Then when we got back he said we'd go to Canadian Tire (huge Canadian hardware store that has everything in it) to buy me the mixing bowls I've been eyeing (5 ceramic bowls for $8!) AND he also bought me a brand new, super swanky blender! Then when we were done we decided to do the groceries, since we were near a good store. As we walked around the store I noticed many women wearing different scents and I was SO jealous! I felt plain and lacking in personality, or something.
    But now I am home, packed the BF some chicken for his dinner at work, and am contemplating what to wear. I think I will take a bath and then maybe get into some Trouble. Or better yet, I will wear Lolita Lempicka because BF likes it and he deserves to be rewarded for the kitchen item purchases. (I may like kitchen stuff even more than fragrances... Nah. They're tied.)

Woke up to the last of yesterday's Nahema (for a night out at the theater) and then spent started testing my new Ineke samples.

A (After My Own Heart) is predominantly lilac on a marine base, a bit reminiscent of En Passant, but the lilac note has much more staying power. The official top notes are bergamot, raspberry & crisp green foliage, the middle note lilac. The basenotes are sandlewood and musk, but so far, I'm not picking up on them. A quick test of B (Balmy Days & Sundays) gave me the impression of cut grass and ozone. These strike me as a spring-time scents -- light, airy, casual, and pretty much linear.

I'm not reay to write these off, but I found myself craving something a bit more complex, and went with a spritz of Une Rose. I wish I could convince myself that the wine dreggs accord doesn't rule this out as a work fragrance. The rose is amazing and earthy, and then the warm creamy truffle note kicks in, and the whole experience is just so wonderful.
    Last edited by coumarin; 19th November 2006 at 09:54 PM.

I wore Jour de Fête to a birthday party for an 11 year old.

Testing Alien again today. I'm liking it better than when I first tried it when it came out. There are times it reminds me a little of Aimez Moi, which I like a lot, but so far Alien isn't capturing my affections.

Wearing Aroma Calm by Lancome to bed...

Started with Cabaret by Gres which is a nice rose and incense scent but stays very close to the skin with practically no sillage.

So I layered on Tokion by Ava Luxe in parfum oil form
    Notes: Cypress, Frankincense, Cedar, White blossoms, Sandalwood, Agarwood, White Amber, Soft spices.

A little bit goes a long way. Very nice and mellow.

Krysia

I'm wearing Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely:

Top notes: Nectarine, Bergamot, Rosewood, Lavender
    Middle notes: Patchouli, White Narcissus, Orchid
    Base notes: White Amber, Cedar, Woods White Musks

DH is wearing L'Instant de Guerlain for the 2nd day now... he wore it to The Sleeping Beauty last night as well.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I gave a full day's wear to Montale's Jasmine Full-- it's not for me, somehow.

Tested Let Me Play the Lion late in the day. It's not for me, either! It has something that brings mint to mind, and not a nice fresh green mint, but a mentholated pencil sharpener, and sour too. And then every once in while I think of chocolate.

Yes, when I was a Girl Scout selling Thin Mint cookies in the library...by the paperbasket with freshly emptied trimmings. Quite evocotive.

You know, eighth grade was not a good year for me.