Code of Conduct

Default Please help me choose a frag...

For a girl I want to please. I don't really know much about female frags

I'd like something for hot, humid weather, that is not sweet nor cloying nor too citric. I quite like Lavender and I'm pretty sure I loathe Violet. Here are my opinion on some fragrances I know:

- Loulou: Scary. This has got to be one of the worst smells I know, it gives me a headache every time!
    - Poison: Scary.
    - NOA: Scary.
    - Calandre: Quite like it.
    - Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue: I like it, except I think the gummy bear note is overdone, much too citric as well
    - From the Roger & Gallet range, I like the Extra Vielle (red one). I think the others are way too citric or plain.

I suppose it's rather hard to help me ^_^

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Please help me choose a frag...

(Am certain that BNer Riannon - Lavender lover that she is - can help with this.)

Did you try typing the word "lavender" in the "notes" box of the directory?

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Does your lady friend like lavender? How does it smell on her? It is a note more often used in "male" fragrances than "female" because it appears sharp and herbal to many people.

With that said...try Jicky by Guerlain or Burberry for Women.

I wouldn't use Jicky in a hot climate. I live in Australia, and I enjoy L'Eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake. It's very cool and watery, but also peppery and not terribly sweet.

I was going to say Champs Elysees by Guerlain...very light and summery to me, but it might be too sweet for you. Look for some tea-inspired fragrances like Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Verte. They tend to be fresh but not citric.

You might consider Eau de Cartier. I know you said you loathe violet, but I think it uses violet leaves which seem much greener to me than violet flower. It also has lavender in it. It's one of my favorite hot & humid weather scents. Great bath gel & lotion in this scent too!

Some of the fragrances with lavender I love are Sarah Lessica Parker's Lovely, Serge Lutens Gris Clair, and Burberry (1995).
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Carnation scents are very fresh and cool, without being sweet and cloying. I typed in lavender, rose and carnation to our directory -- and found one I need to try myself! It's Bluegrass from 1934 by Elizabeth Arden. Who knows if you can find it.

Another Cartier recommendation (which I thought I posted yesterday but it didn't work): Panthere eau Legere, a pale green fragrance in the Panthere bottle with the panther on the cap. It's a lovely, fresh, light, green-floral fragrance. I tried it recently, and even my husband - he who hates perfumey fumes - liked it, so that's really saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    It's Bluegrass from 1934 by Elizabeth Arden. Who knows if you can find it.
    You can get it in drugstores here...

Quote Originally Posted by Clare
    You can get it in drugstores here...
    In Canada too!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali