Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: In no mood for jicky

Enjoying both Jicky and MdM are both matters of tolerance and taste. I have to be in the mood for the civet of both.

When I first tried MdM, for that matter, I was horrified at the civet, but after a few wears, it grew on me.

It is my understanding that LVMH will not use real animalics in its scents, so I can rest at ease on wearing these.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Poison by Christian Dior

I can understand why people have trouble with Jicky. But once it's on my skin it's not about civet at all. it's transformed into such a warm, sensual and elegant scent. Not dirty smelling at all. Sprayed onto a card or directly from the bottle it's a real different story. I don't think any perfume houses are using real animalics anymore. No reason to either, there are synthetics which are extremely true to life!
    Last edited by mrclmind; 1st December 2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Enjoying both Jicky and MdM are both matters of tolerance and taste. I have to be in the mood for the civet of both.

When I first tried MdM, for that matter, I was horrified at the civet, but after a few wears, it grew on me.

It is my understanding that LVMH will not use real animalics in its scents, so I can rest at ease on wearing these.
    It's more the case that you are not allowed to use real animal sourced musks in fragrance anymore.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by d4 View Post
    I've only tested Jicky (alongside several classic feminine Guerlains) but it didn't appeal to me at all.

As for civets, I strongly believe no animal should be made to suffer unnecessarily; and as much as I like perfume, in my view it is anything but necessary.
    No modern formulations of commercial fragrances have any real animal ingredients anymore -- all synthetic.

I love Jicky (especially EdP, would love to try vintage PdT), and its civet is moderate, compared to civet bombs like Kouros or Ungaro II. It's perfect for the weather in Los Angeles, where it could be 80 at noon but this time of year it drops to 50 at night, and dry as all get-out. Caron PuH is boring to me, lacking in character and depth, especially its vanilla which comes off like cheap american ice cream (pure ethyl vanillin, none of the real vanilla bourbon).

Jicky inspired a lot of other scents, including Mouchoir de Monsieur (of course), Davidoff Zino, Ungaro II, Givenchy Gentleman, Invasion Barbare, etc...
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 1st December 2011 at 10:00 PM.