Code of Conduct

Default Finally Tried Gaultier²

And was very taken with it. This is what Le Mâle should have/could have smelled like. Rich and sweet vanilla opening, almost edible. Dry, slightly sweet, warm amber drydown. (Have kept sniffing my wrists all afternoon since applying!) Similar to LeMale on some levels, yes, but without the harsh synthetic notes -- more like Body Kouros than Le Mâle, really. (And Body Kouros is a personal fave!)

Highly recommended stuff, though bear in mind that you really need to sample this one for yourself. Like Prada, this one is NOT a safe blind buy.

Btw, also tried Hanae Mori today. Have now actually found a gourmand scent (other than Pi!) that yanks my chain.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 19th November 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Finally Tried Gaultier²

I just couldn't get over this weird stale beer association. Like a Bavarian brewhouse Saturday 4am.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Question Re: Finally Tried Gaultier²

Dry??!! Slightly Sweet??!!!

Its still working!lol

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    This is what Le Mâle should have/could have smelled like.
    Oh no, never I know xmas is coming and we all love cookies don't we, but G² is so too much for me... Vanilla cookies soaked in honey. Love Le Mâle though. Good that it is the way it is.

Gaultier² is one of the better fragrances I have smelled thus far. Granted, I'm a scent newbie, but boy, it just sparkles. The top notes remind me of The Dreamer.

Thrax

What more could be said about the masterpiece that is Gaultier2. I cant get enough of it. Longevity and sillage are incredible with this one!!!

I was very pleasantly surprised when i tested it at Sephora. Smells like something the " Miami Vice" guys would have worn, for those who remember that tv show.
    Last edited by knightowl; 20th November 2006 at 04:01 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Would anyone agree that this is a dandy scent?
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I just received(first ever smell of it) a new, sealed bottle of G2 this morning. Testing it on the back of my hand today.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    Would anyone agree that this is a dandy scent?
    Define Dandy and I will tell you whether I agree or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    And was very taken with it. This is what Le Mâle should have/could have smelled like. Rich and sweet vanilla opening, almost edible. Dry, slightly sweet, warm amber drydown. (Have kept sniffing my wrists all afternoon since applying!) Similar to LeMale on some levels, yes, but without the harsh synthetic notes -- more like Body Kouros than Le Mâle, really. (And Body Kouros is a personal fave!)
    Sweet Vanilla opening? Dry & slightly Sweet? Without harsh synthetic notes? Are you sure you talking about G2? More like obnoxiously sweet, synthetic bubblegum Amber note that dominates the opening and a cheap vanilla candle drydown. Has more sugar and preservatives than a 10-year-old pack of Bubblicious.

Le Male is miles better than this mess, but that's just my opionion.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy
    {edit}
    Le Male is miles better than this mess, but that's just my opionion.
    Well of course it is, if it weren't you wouldn't be saying it, now would you?

Anyway, this is definitely a very sweet fragrance that will turn off a lot of people, I can live with that. The fewer who wear it, the better!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I would not describe G2 as "sweet" Or is that what you smell way down at the end of its drydown?

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [/URL]

Unless I got Kool-Aid in my decant, I would call Gaultier2 incredibly sweet. Artificial grape vanilla bubblegum sweet. My wrist the next day, though, is musky and much less sweet; almost clean-smelling.

I found that it is quite sweet upon initial application but when it dries down it's the musk which creates the intrigue within this fragrance, at least for me. I could never see myself wearing it, but I do enjoy the simplicity of it and the sweet muskiness. Certainly a pleasent scent if anything. I can definitely see how this frag could appeal to strongly to some as it has.

It isn't groundbreaking or amazing, but it also certainly isn't awful. If anyone else released this scent I think the negative reactions would be more forgiving. The "cool" thing on this forum is to hate anything associated with JPG, because of the popularity of Le Male.

Blog Entries

I like this more & more. I've had a rather interesting relationship w/ it. I fell immediately in love with it & bought it on the spot. Then a few hours afteward I thought I had made a mistake. It just didn't really smell like something I would wear. I quickly got over that though, & now I LOVE IT. I wear some on the back of my hands almost every evening. I'm even asking my aunt for a new bottle for Christmas since I'm going through my first one rather quickly.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Addiction by any other name would be Gaultier2. I went back to a sample which initially I couldn't stand and have since purchased the massage oil (thanks Col!), and the bath gel (it came with the 40 ml size).

If only to lounge around in it, curled up with a good book and some music, the scent actually sends me to a warm, glowing place where I can enjoy being alone, in peace.

Hard to explain, isn't it. And hey, if you don't like it, that's OK too. JPG, I'm sure, did not think everyone would....

For the record, personally, I hate Le Mâle... And hey, that's OK too....!

Oh so you finaly got it Dan!
    What do you think about it?

You who have tried G2, what do you think about sillage and longevity?

CoL, the mass-hypnoseffect :P

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Oh so you finaly got it Dan!
    What do you think about it?

You who have tried G2, what do you think about sillage and longevity?

CoL, the mass-hypnoseffect :P

David: I didn't get it from the site you and I were discussing....never heard back from them and as far as I can tell, they didn't charge my CC.

I got a new, sealed, single, bottle from an ebay seller. Still not sure about this one. Havn't used it as a SOTD yet but will soon and then I'll have a better idea about its sillage, scent, and longevity.

Dan

[/URL]

Forgive me for being naive, but could someone please tell me how to put that small two next to Gaultier? Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Forgive me for being naive, but could someone please tell me how to put that small two next to Gaultier? Thanks so much.
    To get ² its easiest to copy and paste or use character map if your using MS Windows - Start - All Programmes - Accessories - System Tools - Character map

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    David: I didn't get it from the site you and I were discussing....never heard back from them and as far as I can tell, they didn't charge my CC.
    Dan!

Strange... Well, at least they didn't charge you
    I got a new, sealed, single, bottle from an ebay seller. Still not sure about this one. Havn't used it as a SOTD yet but will soon and then I'll have a better idea about its sillage, scent, and longevity.
    I'm looking forward to hear from you, soon!