Code of Conduct

Default lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hiver

brothers: let me be the lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine

vs

sisters: angelique encens, l'eau d'hiver

I'd go for the first group. and I guess it'd be rush for the advantage of "price point". in "lion" I think I detect a little mustard. with that this one comes out ahead of the others I think, for being a little richer. bois farine could use some salt, to suit my taste. I like salt in my cookies! Also, I think the opening and middle of bois farine, are not someting worth enduring to get to the end and there is still too much sugar and shortening in the drydown. definitely the loser here for me.

thank heaven I don't like angelique encens. too sweet, feminine, powdery. l'eau d'hiver is like her austere sister who went into the convent, renouncing sugar and talcum. I don't need the expense of falling in love with an flacon splash from creed or another malle bottle.

I don't think I'll really make a huge effort to get any of these things but I do like them. I think rush is the best choice cause the drydown seems the most present and it can be had for a song. and probably one day will get it without making a huge effort!
    Last edited by supermarky; 20th November 2006 at 03:59 AM. Reason: we strive for perfection

Default Re: lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hive

"L'eau d'hiver is like her austere sister who went into the convent, renouncing sugar and talcum."

Lololololololololol -- a perfectly apt description!!!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hiver

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    brothers: let me be the lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine
    vs
    sisters: angelique encens, l'eau d'hiver
    Out of that list, Angelique Encens and Sous La Pluie are the only ones I have tried.

Angelique Encens impresses me - the smoky incense is enchanting. The powdery ambery drydown is sexy on women, just not on me.

Angeliques Sous La Pluie is another one of Ellena's "minerals". It lasts all of 10 minutes on me, and with Terre D'Hermes around, there really is no need to buy this overpriced Malle.
    -

Default Re: lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hiver

Said that I agree about the saltyness hints of the first group of juices (being Bois farine the weakest and almost unpercievable saltyness), I would put Angéliques sous la pluie and Eau d'hiver in the unisex group.
    I don't agree totally neither with the Angélique Encens/Eau d'Hiver comparison: Eau d'Hiver has lots of honey in it, it lacks the vanilla carpet laying under Angélique encens, but has for sure a smoother but not less embracing sweetness. Moreover Eau d'hiver has a very ethereal character where Angelique encense has a powdery heavy thickness in it. However I wouldn't judge Eau d'hiver less sinful than AE, specially after having tried it in summer evenings on the tanned skin...hehe

Agree that Angelique Encens is totally feminine (and sickly sweet with it) whilst L'Eau d'Hiver just about passes as uni-sex.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

You should try Ambre Narguille by Hermes. fantastic balance between sweet, and salty. Fantastic juice.

I answered the questionnaire on EdP FM's website and they recommended Angeliques Sous La Pluie and L'eau D'hiver. Oddly enough, I totally liked both.

Default Re: lion, rush, angeliques sous la pluie, bois farine, angelique encens, l'eau d'hive

be sure you try rush before you plunk down the $ for angeliques!

Thanks for the tip. Has Gucci RUSH (Men) been discontinued? I was checking out prices and they are not cheap even in eBay. I checked the BN directory and it doesn't indicate that it has been discontinued.

be sure you try rush before you plunk down the $ for angeliques!

did you check like bizrate or something? prices start as low as 20 or something I think may be for a smallish 50 ml bottle

anyway I hope you agree they are alike cause the notes"" don't seem to be similar as published...

nobody at the upscaley dept stores carries any gucci these days, fragrances, that is. sunglasses certainly and clothes, if they are reaaallly high end, maybe.

Yes, I did. The cheaper ones are minis or if you go to their website, they are actually not in stock.
    did you check like bizrate or something? prices start as low as 20 or something I think may be for a smallish 50 ml bottle

Thanks Supermarky for tipping me on Gucci Rush. I confirmed from several stores that it has been discontinued. However, I was able to get a 1.7ml bottle for a good price at a local store. I agree with you that it is similar to Angeliques Sous La Pluie especially in the initial burst. Whereas Angelique is definitely gender-neutral, Rush, on the other hand, is very masculine. I do like Rush a lot and it's a shame it has been discontinued after only about 5 years in the market. I guess it wasn't that popular.

anyway I hope you agree they are alike cause the notes"" don't seem to be similar as published...

bois farine could use some salt, to suit my taste. I like salt in my cookies! Also, I think the opening and middle of bois farine, are not someting worth enduring to get to the end and there is still too much sugar and shortening in the drydown. definitely the loser here for me.
    I take it you're not fond of oriental scents? I find Bois Farine rather dry and subdued compared to some of the heavy hitters like Serge Lutens.