Code of Conduct

Thread: Axe Edt

Default Axe Edt

There is no Nose....

Default Re: Axe Edt

The good news: it's not an aquatic. In fact, the notes could be a lot worse: juicy guava, amber woods, ginger root, and hot musks.

The bad news: It is most likely going to be pretty bad and toooooons of people are going to be wearing it. I'm worried it will just be the Axe Affect (which imo is just crappy quality) but much stronger. Oy. Given that they're only coming out with one scent right now though, it's possible that they actually put some time into it and made it not crappy. I could see it being really boring but not unpleasant. I just hope it's better than the cans, because those are positively horrible.

Post Re: Axe Edt

"From the leaders of pharmasexual research"

Very nice! Now I know how to get rid of my virginity.

Quite an elaborate, albeit conventionally Axe-objectifies-women sexist website, financed courtesy of the billion male flies that can't be wrong.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    "From the leaders of pharmasexual research"

Very nice! Now I know how to get rid of my virginity.
    571 posts and you haven't found a scent that gets you laid yet!?!? Man, you really need AxeLab!

Axe/Lynx Atlantis was the best smelling by far in the whole Axe/Lynx line. Too bad they discontinued it, it would most likely outsell all of the ones.. if the aftershave is going for $66 on ebay just imagine what the bodyspray would sell for lol. I'm not a huge fan of Axe but, for after a workout at the gym it's better than nothing

Burn it.

Post Re: Axe Edt

No, it most certainly is not better than nothing. In a dressing room full of sweaty guys, nice. I don't know about your nothing, but my nothing is far superior to Axe cans. Then again, my nothing is quite alright.

This new EdT then again is a different thing, it's going to me my secret weapon with ladies. I'll report my success, or the lack of it.

the_good_life, mate, that is one heck of a sentence. Well done.

I always like how those types of websites (or advertisements) really shoot for the lowest common demonimator amongst our gender.

My favorite that I remember was when they were advertising commercials for subscriptions to "Men's Fitness" magazine on television a few years ago and every 1.3 seconds made some reference to sex, increasing sex drive, extending longevity of sex, giving sex tips, making one's self more sexy, etc. I recall almost no mention of exercising or of "fitness"... except for the name of the magazine at the end.

Axe seems definitely to have taken a few advertising cues from them.

I wish that Frederic Malle, just for a goof, would do something like that for one of their releases, or if L'artisan had decided to do that for the release of Mechant Loup. Big bad wolf, you say?

John
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 21st November 2006 at 12:00 AM.

Hmm... maybe a fossil fuel substitute. I wonder if it would run my car?
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Odorifera
    Hmm... maybe a fossil fuel substitute. I wonder if it would run my car?
    Does your car long to be sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    Does your car long to be sexy?
    Lol! It's a Corolla ... maybe it does long to be sexy.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

I'm not sure that this product has anything to do with fragrance. I spent an amazingly long time looking at that website, and it's really one of the most over-the-top marketing presentations I've seen in a while. But there is little mention of fragrance at all. It is about sex and how to influence women so that they will have sex with you. The stuff could smell like Raid, and I'm sure kids would be dousing themselves in it, convinced that it is their "secret weapon with ladies". This should get stuck in a totally different forum, IMHO.

-Slim

Axe Edt?

This should put an end to all the "Help me find a fragrance to get laid" and "What should I wear to attract women" threads...
    -

Why So Serious?

O boy, this is armageddon! I'm sure they are going to promote this thing like an elixir all over drugstores in Canada. Tens of thousands of young people will line up for this baby, and eventually they'll all end up smelling the same, and keep reminding their dates about other guys out there. It's going to be a chaotic sex escapade. Then, when the new year comes, the city of Toronto will announce the ban of fragrance in public. The innocent will suffer, along with the adolescent. It defies the ultimate weapon for mass destruction, mentally rather than physically. Soon enough, our children will be possessed, like what the devil did to Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Byerley
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I smelt this stuff a few months back at Wal-Mart (it's been out for a while now), and it's really quite atrocious (which means it's better than the Axe bodysprays, but not by much). Somewhat aquatic, fully annoying. The thing I liked best about it was the cherry-almond scented soap they had in the restroom where I washed it off.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    O boy, this is armageddon! I'm sure they are going to promote this thing like an elixir all over drugstores in Canada. Tens of thousands of young people will line up for this baby, and eventually they'll all end up smelling the same, and keep reminding their dates about other guys out there. It's going to be a chaotic sex escapade. Then, when the new year comes, the city of Toronto will announce the ban of fragrance in public. The innocent will suffer, along with the adolescent. It defies the ultimate weapon for mass destruction, mentally rather than physically. Soon enough, our children will be possessed, like what the devil did to Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
    Uh, yeah. And that too. Smelling badly and possessed. They should just put a picture of Cerberus on the can.

-Slim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    The thing I liked best about it was the cherry-almond scented soap they had in the restroom where I washed it off.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Axe Edt?

This should put an end to all the "Help me find a fragrance to get laid" and "What should I wear to attract women" threads...
    That's indeed one positive factor. Perhaps we could add it to the Directory just for laughs, or create something on Wikipedia

Hey now...my uncle was a leading scientist of pharmasexual research. LOL

WTF is that supposed to mean? "Pharmasexual Research"?

Wait a minute, I hope "pharmasexual" doesn't have to do with barnyard animals and such...

I think there was a small sample packet in a recent Details magazine I have. I'll try it out. Finally...science is pulling its weight.