Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 21 November

Yesterday I dropped a bottle of Yohji (Yohji Yamamoto) in the bathroom. Two showers later it still feels like Yohji has taken over the house I loved this scent, but waking up with its smell in your nostrils is not my idea of a quite 'rise and shine'.
    The scrambled eggs are definately tasting funny.
    I have visions of Yohji, silently creeping under the doors of my home, like the fog in the horror film of the same name

And this is EDT!! Looking for a scent with staying power? Well, here it is. I wonder if I will ever be able to love this again.

So for me today: Yohji, the whole Yohji and nothing but the Yohji. And may the spirits of scent have mercy on my soul and sanity.

Description taken from OzMoz:

This unusual yet somehow familiar fragrance opens on a forthright, reassuringly warm, amber note.
    Contemporary and mysterious, it reveals itself gradually, taking on its full amplitude only when worn on the skin (oh no, not only on skin, I assure you!)
    Defying the classic pyramid structure, the fragrance unfolds in two stages.
    The vibrant overture of green notes, galbanum, linalol and bergamot soars above a slightly floral-praline-fruity (raspberry) parenthesis and then descends to expand on a base of vanilla, sandalwood, musk and coumarin.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 21 November

Good morning (or not so good, I guess...) Riannon!

I truly feel sorry for you, but still couldn´t help laughing when I read your post Guess Yohji will be your SotD for a couple of days.
    Hope your day will be fine in spite of what happened!

I´m wearing Hypnotic Poison today.

Have a nice day, everyone! :bounce:

23 degrees, cloudy, looks like thunder storm is coming...
    Soie Rouge by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
    Thanks tdem1961, for sharing this with me.
    Thankfully, my dad didn't have any remarks on this. I would burst into tears if he criticise my perfume again!
    It is a fruity one, and it is the my first encounter with MPG. It is sweet and peachy with a tinge of pineapple. Sounds like a very good fruit salad combo! I enjoy it and it reminds me of the Burberry Brit Red or Chinatown, I wonder if they share similar ingredients...

It's not only big houses that discontinue perfumes, it's small Web-based businesses as well: I am wearing the heavy-lidded Tranquility from Sonoma Scent Studio, courtesy of a friend in North Carolina who bought two bottles of this orange blossom perfume before it disappeared.

This is like L'Occitane Neroli on Quaaludes. Soporific, vampish, very Art Deco and Klimt-ish, this is weighty stuff that has laid the blossom over a smoky sandalwood base and a bit of dankness (unclear what is causing that note, but it's the same type of thing found in Creed Angelique Encens). Upon application it rolls over the skin like a fog, and it doesn't lighten up from there. Instead, it gets deeper and richer as it progresses, although it seems a rather simple oil blend (lacking any description or knowledge of the notes).

One must have needed an Rx for this perfume. It's probably been outlawed due to its addictive qualities. Perfect addition to perfume pharmacopia, so naturally it is a thing of the past. Has sort of a Ziegfeld quality to it, or a grand theatricality that is just this side of overcooked. It seems to fit with the flapper era, when people were ruined on absinthe and cocaine since it has a bit of a destructive, hedonistic presence.

Been away a couple of days. Brought three frags with me, but usen only one: Le Baiser du Dragon. I am hooked on this one for the moment...

A change for today, I´m wearing Infiniment by Chopard. It is a precious floral, but has something that reminds me a lot of Le Baiser du Dragon. There are more of my frags who has this similarity - on my skin!!! Also Valentino V and Kenzo Amour, and their loud cousine Insolence by Guerlain has this something. I can´t figure out what it is...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Mandragore - Annick Goutal
    Wishlist is pointless.

O Riannon, you must feel awful, waking up with Yohji everywhere in your house.

I'm wearing Shiseido's Murasaki today. It's very light on me, I barely smell it. Later today, I'll change to a different one.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    23 degrees, cloudy, looks like thunder storm is coming...
    Soie Rouge by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
    Thanks tdem1961, for sharing this with me...
    -My pleasure, Coconut, hope you are enjoying.

I am wearing Jicky parfum.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

summer means fireflys

I'm giving Bois Farine a test-drive today.

It's part of the booty that the very generous Twolf sent me for a guessing contest ... this is the fragrance that her friend was wearing.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Bois Farine again.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Creed - Himalaya

Safari for Men by RL
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon

So for me today: Yohji, the whole Yohji and nothing but the Yohji.

My total sympathy! It happened to me when my cats knocked off a bottle of Clive Christian X for men, parfum a couple weeks ago. I still catch a whiff of it now and then. Or maybe it's flashbacks.

Today is clear and cold, and this US mom begins Thanksgiving preparations! It's the day I make a fresh coconut {waves to coconut} cake and "Magic cookie bars." I've got on Matin Calin, so I can do a wrist to wrist with Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.

Very sorry to hear it, Riannon! Wearing Timbuktu again.

Vintage Tabac Blond edc over Aubusson Histoire d'Amour. I'm yumsters!

I am wearing SL Arabie now.I'm not sure about this one.

What fun sharings today! From Riannon's desperate wail to Quarry's VERY literary musings ("heavy lidded"...gotta love it! :bounce

I awoke to the sight and sound of trees dancing violently in the cold wind outside the French doors in my bedroom - Fall!! Finally!

So - loaded up on KL which Twolf had kindly sent for last month's SandS. Originally related this to Opium - but on second wearing think it's more like Cinnabar. I always seem to sweep right by the top notes and head for the heart and base. Lots of cinnamon and patchouli - then carnation (I know, it's not there) and orange show up. As I remember, it will settle into a warm hum - sort of "heavy lidded"!

OsMoz: Top: Aldehydes,Orange, Bergamot, Spicy notes. Heart: Clove bud, Pimento, Cinnamon, Ylang Ylang. Base: Labdanum, Vanilla, Patchouli and Civet.

As for Bird-day - have happily reached that stage where the children insist on cooking - gourmet Son is doing deep fried turkey and grilled veggies, with a "side" of sweet potatoes and peaches and walnuts. All I have to do is show up!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    One must have needed an Rx for this perfume. It's probably been outlawed due to its addictive qualities.
    I'm so sorry for you to have lost another love. I do not jest. Discontinued perfumes (or reformulated ones) are a tragedy, especially those with addictive qualities. I know exactly what you're talking about.
    Today, I leave myself bare for a trip to the fragrance counters.

Good morning to all and my sympathies to Riannon.

I know what it's like, believe me. My bottle of Chanel Allure somehow leaked all over my car's glove compartment. That whole summer my car smelled like Allure to high heaven; UNREAL LASTING POWER! especially on plastic... which melted too.

My scent of the day is Jasmin de Nuit

NOTES: Egyptian Jasmin, Bergamot, Amber, Blackcurrant, Star Anise, Spices, Ceylon Cinnamon, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Musk

DH is wearing Boss Soul today.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

If I am reading it right, Happy Birthday to Taolady! Best fragrant wishes to you. Please indulge yourself on your day.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I've been sleeping in a lot lately (so this is menopause?), and I always arrive late to the party here--but that's fine when I get to read about all the spills and thrills. Happy Birthday, Taolady.

One of my favorite layering combos for today:
    La Chasse aux Papillons
    Nouveau Gardenia
    Wet Garden

Overt-the-top floral!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm wearing Weil's Antilope today, and I'm enjoying it so much.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Happy Birthday, Taolady!!!!!!!

I'm still enjoying my Jasmin de Nuit and trying to plot how to get more then the 30ml I have.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Feminité du Bois for me. Riannon, I'm so sorry for your spilled perfume - but I see you took it with your usual sense of humour

And...many many fragrant returns to our Taolady!! :wave:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Serge Lutens Cedre for me today.

Taolady, Bird-day or birthday either one, I say best wishes and indulge yourself

En Avion today.
    tonight???Opium on one wrist, DKNYRed delicious sample on one...
    probably won't wear either one...
    I am feeling restless....
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Cashmere Mist for me today. I accidentally put way too much on, but fortunately the woman who sits next to me a t work loves it so I'm not getting evil looks.
    I think Bird-day means Thanksgiving, but I wish everyone a good one anyway!

Red face Re: SotD Tuesday 21 November

I DID mean Thanksgiving - please forgive the Tommi-speak.

BUT thanks for all the good wishes! Will apply them next year when natal day rolls around! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wore Samsara to work and came home in an experimental mood. Tabac Blond + a hint of 10 Corso Como = heaven!!! Another oud fan is born..

Sympathies to Riannon -- my worst perfume spill involved a mini of Nahema in a clutch purse with a lovely dress watch my parents gave me, which I didn't find for a month (moving boxes). It trashed the watch mechanism forever...

Angel

Hi everyone!

I'm wearing the delightful, spirit-lifting Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

I wore Aroma Calm by Lancome to bed.

Riannon, I am sorry to hear your spillage.
    I had similar experience with my Allure many years ago. I dropped the bottle (which was 70% full) in the bathroom. The whole bottle cracked and it was impossible to rescue the juice and some ran into the drain. Bathroom was scented for at least a month, it was probably one of the most expensive air-freshener I ever had.

Wearing L'Antimatiere to bed. I love this frag. It is very much a "fresh from the dryer" scent. People say they find it difficult to smell but, honestly, I don't. To me it smells very strongly... of nothing. But I guess that's the point. Faisez des beaux reves, tout le monde!

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    Wearing L'Antimatiere to bed. I love this frag. It is very much a "fresh from the dryer" scent. People say they find it difficult to smell but, honestly, I don't. To me it smells very strongly... of nothing. But I guess that's the point. Faisez des beaux reves, tout le monde!
    I love it too! :bounce:

I generally have problems with airy scents - with MANY scents - not showing up, but this one really does it for me!

Maybe we're weird!!

Us? Weird? Not possible!