Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default CB I Hate Perfume: perfume absolute vs. water perfume

I'm really interested in this line and want to purchase a few fragrances (In The Library, At The Beach 1966, and In The Summer Kitchen), but I'm not sure whether to buy the Perfume Absolute or the Water-Based Perfume.

To begin with, I'm a natural sprayer so the thought of purchasing the Perfume Absolute really doesn't gel with my habits. I'm certainly more attracted to the Water-Based line which are all sprays, but I've never had a Water-Based fragrance before. Most fragrances are all alcohol-based. Can anyone comment on Water-Based fragrances, specifically to this house in general.....or on any of these three fragrances?

Default Re: CB I Hate Perfume: perfume absolute vs. water perfume

I bought the CB Musk and Burning Leaves in oil form. The musk is a bit nasty, but Burning Leaves is actually very nice and extremely long lasting. The oils are, I suppose, meant for layering. I layer Burn. Leaves with the ever-so-light Cabot's musk oil to give it a smokey edge. It works very well!

If the oils were'nt so pricey, I'd buy more. I would like to get Winter: 1972.
    The bottles are so small, but a few drops of the scent lasts for a very long time.

S

I'm pissed off that I didn't order samples when he still HAD samples. There were quite a few I was curious about, among them Patchouli and Violet Empires, At the Beach, Black March, Winter, etc.

But not the musk

I think the water-based scents may be on the fleeting side, but I could be wrong. I have tried some elsewhere and they were weaker than cologne strength.

I think the waters have better sillage, and are great for room freshner, and linens..... I own both, and prefer the waters by far.

There is only one word to describe these "fragrances"------->OVERRATED!

Don't waste your money.
    Last edited by ajmc; 22nd November 2006 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    There is only one word to describe these "fragrances"------->OVERRATED!

Don't waste your money.
    I agree and don't agree.

Are they overrated? Maybe a tad, but which fragrance isn't when others like it and you don't?

Is it a waste of money? For me, yes. I spent a load on 4 samples + shipping + customs frees/taxes (total of around 115$CAN for 4 SAMPLES) and I hardly wear them.

They are nice but I don't find that they are very suitable for wearing. The only thing I might put on is a bit of CBMusk to layer something else but otherwise, I don't find many occasions to wear Gathering Apples, Burning Leaves, or Black March.

Gathering Apples and Burning Leaves are a great match when layered though.

I was in love with them when I first got them but as time went by, I realized that I didn't even wear them out and over time, I stopped going to the little bottles for sniffing too. I think they're great for what they are: emulations of life. But as a fragrance for personal use, perhaps they are a little overrated.