Code of Conduct

Default Tried Divine's Homme de Coeur and Homme Sage...

First of all, they are both very well crafted fragrances. High quality

Homme Sage: reminded me a lot of Chergui, but less sweet. Lasted forever- over 8hrs

Homme de Coeur: honestly, all this one reminded me off was the smell of a pencil sharpener in elementary school. Of course, still a wonderful fragrance, but I couldnt get that association out of my head

how does everyone else like the Divine frags?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tried Divine's Homme de Coeur and Homme Sage...

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife
    how does everyone else like the Divine frags?
    My impartial judgement: 5/5 both. Personal preference: Sage (5) over Coeur (4, maybe 3-4). When they were both new, fellow BNs seemed to have a preference for Coeur. However, L'Homme Sage was nominated as 'best new' for the internal 6th ABFA award. http://www.basenotes.net/awards/2006/mnew.html
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd November 2006 at 05:01 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

L'Homme Sage is a modern Patou. Wonderful fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

They are both special in my opinion. I just wish they were reasonably priced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    They are both special in my opinion. I just wish they were reasonably priced.
    For what they are you could almost call them cheap!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I can still smell traces of Homme Sage and its over 10/11hrs later
    Im going to give Homme de Coeur another try tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Both are absolutely excellent and both get 5 stars from me! L homme de coeur is my absoltue no. one iris frag even though the cedar plays a very important role in this one. Its impressively cool and elegant.....L homme sage is one of my autumn favorites, very fascinating with its yellow and brown colour palette......

I really hope this great small niche house will bring out a third mens soon.....

Christian
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Tried Divine's Homme de Coeur and Homme Sage...

Both are in my top10. Brilliant fragrances in their own rights; I'm not going to compare the two.

Post Thanks / Like

Sage is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Turin's favorite Divine is L'Homme de Coeur. From everything I've heard, these two are incredible, if only the prices were a bit more "reasonable".
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

I like both of them. I own a bottle of L'Homme Sage and have a sample of L'Homme de Coeur. They are so completely unique and beautiful. The atomisers are really neatly designed as well.

The only thing I'd say is that L'Homme Sage is more of a weekend fragrance; I have worn it to the office but to be honest found it a bit too spicy and powerful for work-wear.

Planning to get L'Homme de Coeur at some stage in the near future (ie: when I can afford to!)
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife
    Homme Sage: reminded me a lot of Chergui, but less sweet. Lasted forever- over 8hrs
    Interesting, since I pretty much hated Chergui on first try, plus it gave me a headache, while Sage was an instant 5-star favorite. I'll have to compare these.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 22nd November 2006 at 10:44 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

I like them both. When my decants run out, I'm going to pony up the cash for a bottle of L'Homme Sage, but I'll do some serious thinking about the price before I do the same for Homme de Coeur. Fans of iris would probably disagree with my order of preference.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    For what they are you could almost call them cheap!
    True.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said before they are great, but, I don't have an unlimited budget and $125 USD for 50 ml makes my decision pretty easy not to buy. The only thing I have shelled out that much for in 50 ml is Armani Prive Bois d Encens and only because it is in my Top 5. The 2 Divines are great but definitely not Top 5 for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Homme Sage and found it really nice, but a little too dressed up for me. It's a very sweet, mossy, powdery, gentleman-ly scent. It'll be great if I wore a suit to work and worked at the Bank of America building in Charlotte, makin' the big bucks!

S

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Like I said before they are great, but, I don't have an unlimited budget and $125 USD for 50 ml makes my decision pretty easy not to buy.
    I don't know who you are buying from, but a 60ml flacon of L'Homme Sage is €59 on their website. €75 for the 50ml can with atomizer. I think those prices are amazing no matter how you look upon it.

www.divine.fr

And I just noticed that they have a new fragrance out, a rose and patchouli combo: L'Inspiratrice (http://www.divine.fr/gb/inspiratriceletter.htm).

Post Thanks / Like

Do the flacons spray too or only the vaporisateur remplissable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got some samples in the mail today!
    At first sniff, L'Homme Sage is my favorite while L'Homme de Coeur gave me such a blast of pencil shavings (what is that note?) for a while that in my cold-warped nose, it was almost unpleasant. I will have to try them all again after I get over my cold.

Iconfig: Thank you! I also notice the pencil shavings. Its so vivid to me that I can see the whole elementary school pencil, all the way from the yellow casing to the eraser. THe whole experience is there. Reminds me of grade 2!

Both are well done, but by far L'Homme de Coeur is a winner

I love Coeur (of course)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevolution
    I've tried Homme Sage and found it really nice, but a little too dressed up for me. It's a very sweet, mossy, powdery, gentleman-ly scent. It'll be great if I wore a suit to work and worked at the Bank of America building in Charlotte, makin' the big bucks!

S
    I recently received sample vials of both of the Divine scents mentioned in this thread, and my own impression of L'Homme Sage was very similar to yours. I was quite surprised by two things: 1) how sweet it is, and 2) how little sage I actually could appreciate. I love the smell of sage, and this was a serious letdown. This said, I definitely need to wear both a little more closely and with more full applications.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    I recently received sample vials of both of the Divine scents mentioned in this thread, and my own impression of L'Homme Sage was very similar to yours. I was quite surprised by two things: 1) how sweet it is, and 2) how little sage I actually could appreciate. I love the smell of sage, and this was a serious letdown. This said, I definitely need to wear both a little more closely and with more full applications.

Jeff
    The sage word in the perfume's name is the french equivalent for the english word wise. So the name means The wise man...

Both fragrances are superb: Homme de Coeur is a magnificent iris fragrance while the incense and spice of Homme Sage make it really unlike any other perfume. My only complaint is that I wished the Homme de Coeur had more longevity. (Still this is preferable to Dior Homme where the initial beautiful iris note is smothered in a gourmand drydown.) The scents for women at Divine are wonderful as well: Divine is reminiscent of some of the wonderful - and long discontinued - perfumes that Evyan and Le Galion used to produce and L'ame Soeur is just plain beautiful - not overly sweet and with a magic glow. The people at Divine are very helpful and kindly provided samples when I got in touch with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since yesterday, I've tested L'Homme Sage again. Wonderful, truly. It's essentially gone within a few hours, slightly disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Both are well done, but by far L'Homme de Coeur is a winner
    They are both winners, and the rest cannot be said easily. Knowing me by now, you will not be surprised that I have voted for the other candidate long ago, and I consider the decision a tight one.
    (Lion or Unicorn? Me Unicorn, and you cannot possibly be Antimaterial?)