Code of Conduct

Default Is this fragrance used by any of you Ladies?

NEW YORK by Parfums de Nicolai

Sorry for the 'shouting' but I just tried a sample spray of that frag and it's very nice. I think it's more 'feminine' than 'masculine' although it's listed as for men.

I'm thinking about getting this for my female sales assistant. She wear's YSL's Opium much of the time.

What do y'all think about it?

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Thrax

Default Re: Is this fragrance used by any of you Ladies?

Dan, the New York that I had smelled almost exactley like Bois Du Portugal.

I like it a lot, but have only a decant, so wear it rarely. Spicy and elegant, very confident scent.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thanks for the replies. I just sprayed one spray on the back of my hand yesterday morning and was entranced by it all day . Very long-lasting and with lots of sillage.

Trax, I didn't get a BdP connection? To my nose it had a rose scent although rose is not mentioned in its description.

Found some on ebay for just $30.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [/URL]

happy is the bleu heart<3

I've worn it Dan, and promptly put it on my wish-list. If she is a fan of Opium, she will probably like New York a lot. Tigs has it nailed exactly.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Thanks for the replies. I just sprayed one spray on the back of my hand yesterday morning and was entranced by it all day . Very long-lasting and with lots of sillage.

Trax, I didn't get a BdP connection? To my nose it had a rose scent although rose is not mentioned in its description.

Found some on ebay for just $30.

Dan
    Rose? are you sure it's New York? cause I'm with thrax, it's drydown can be compared to that of Bois du Port ( not really the same , but still..). It's very much a "Guerlain Heritage " type of scent to me. Mature,woody, spicy oriental.
    And to me it's more masculine by the way.

Eric: My sample atomizer was given to me by a trust-worthy BN'r so unless he mis-labled it, it's genuine. I certainly could be wrong about the rose scent. My biggest weakness scent-wise is identifying them .

Because of y'all's descriptions, I do believe I will get one or two bottles; one for a gift and one for me .

Dan

[/URL]

Dan, I have to swallow my words.
    I just spritzed some on and I think I know what you mean. The initial impression of the fresh topnotes, could make one think of fresh,flowers. And I can also imagine this on a woman now.

Weird,.....I hope it's not a hormonal thing....

I definately have to do something manly now!!

Ladies, I'm outa here!!

Am awaiting a decant and will be glad to report - even though it sounds like you've already made up your mind! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Taolady: You are correct young Lady.

Please look at this post and those of you that have owned it, please help me not make a mistake.

Dan

[/URL]

It's alright I guess.That bottle on e-bay is the old bottle. Since 2004 or 2005 it's the one that's on the Nicolai website now.