Code of Conduct

Default first purchases and a question

Well, I made my purchases. I bought 4 fragrances on eBay in the last week. I wasn't planning on it, but they were very good deals as far as I could tell. Since I don't go through cologne very fast and I'm having a small selection, I decided to go with smaller bottles. I got:

1.7 oz Dreamer for $18.50
    1.7 oz Envy for $18.50
    2.5 oz D&G PH for $20.00
    1.7 oz Brit for $17.50

I just opened up my bottle of Dreamer and Envy, with one problem. The Dreamer bottle is a splash. I didn't even think to ask about it, but I'm kicking myself now. So my question is, what's the best thing to do? Re-sell and buy another? If someone around here had an empty, could I transfer it? Is there a way to make it a spray? If I had no conscience I could probably return it to Wal-Mart without the receipt because it's still wrapped (well, rewrapped since I discovered it's splash). But seeing as I'd probably get more than I paid, I don't think I'd feel too great about that.
    Last edited by gbaltzer; 22nd November 2006 at 09:45 PM.

Default Re: first purchases and a question

I think you've made some pretty good choices. I personally wouldn't mind the splash bottle, but to each his own. Are you sure it's not an after-shave?

Welcome to BN!

I hope the reviews and features here serve you well.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I'll consider keeping it, but aside from application purposes, a spray would prevent me from worrying about clumsy hands as much. I'm sure it's EDT though. I've been enjoying basenotes, my time is just spent more on reading than posting.

You might consider getting one of these.

I have a splash bottle of PS's Brownstone and ended up getting an atomizer as the splash bottles waste's juice IMO.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by gbaltzer
    ... could I transfer it? Is there a way to make it a spray?
    I would suggest that you go to lemelange.com (or another atomiser seller) and order some of their 3.5ml plastic atomisers and some pipettes.
    Simply decant your colognes into the atomisers and take one with you each day.
    I have found it much better to spray lightly every few hours than it is to spray heavily in the morning to make fragrance last all day.
    Since it is easier to decant a splash, maybe the error was a blessing in disguise?

My 2 cents.

Those are great first choice selections!

The Dreamer as a splash would be a bit too much actually.
    -

If you pour from the splash bottle into a cupped hand and apply from there you'll probably never waste a drop. I get the spray hole lined up with the front of the bottle, come back from a telephone call and proceed to spray it right over my shoulder.

This is bad enough with Canoe, but with Green Irish Tweed uh uh

I need more target practice. And could someone make a spray hole that contrasts with the cheap plastic, whatchama callit, trigger?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    The Dreamer as a splash would be a bit too much actually.
    agreed. no matter how careful you are, you will REEK. you need to get an atomizer and decant it.

Yea, I cannot EVER go over 3 hits of Dreamer again. I LOVE the stuff but I sprayed 4 times once and had a headache all day.