Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Body Shop Perfumes - Old and discontinued

Vanilla (circa 2004) - fruity boozy vanilla

Vanilla (circa 2006) - sheer fruity floral vanilla

Lemon Tea (circa 2004) - Lemons in Italy are sweeter and less tangy, giving a perfume that is citrusy yet gentle and invigorating. This is combined with fresh crushed leaves, bergamot, and green tea to create this breath of fresh (Sicilian) air. Top: Lemon, Orange and Bergamot. Heart: Lemon Tree Leaves, Floral Rose, Black Tea, Green Tea and Mate. Base: Woody, Cedar, and Musk.

Dewberry (circa 2005) - fruity berries with a touch of musk.

Magnolia (circa 2004) - A classic sparkling floral fragrance that combines magnolia flowers and leaves from China with muguet lemon blossom and white lily

Passion Flower (circa 2004) - A bright sultry, fruity floral fragrance that combines passion fruit oil from Peru with redcurrant, passionflower, grapefruit and jasmine

Indian Gardenia (circa 2004) - A lush floral fragrance from India that combines the romantic perfumes of gardenia, jasmine and mimosa with neroli and crisp orange. Also contains a spice note - probably cumin. (This is the predecessor to the new Gardenia)

Dewberry (circa 198x) - deep sweet forest berries over patchouli and musk.

Heartfelt (circa 198x)

Leap (circa 198x)

Mostly Musk (circa 198x) - smooth woods and musk. Sandalwood, cedarwood, musk,

Chypre (circa 198x) - classic chypre: bergamot, patchouli, sandalwood, oakmoss

Visionary (circa 198x)

Black Raspberry Chocolate (circa 198x)

Rose Musk (circa 198x) - more musk then rose. Deep musk, black rose, sandalwood, incense.

Vanilla (circa 198x) - rich foody vanilla essence oil (very different from Vanilla (circa 2004) and Vanilla (circa 2006)!) I have all three + formulations.

Exotic (circa 198x) -

Cucumber (circa 198x) - the entire cucumber from the watery aqueous centre to the sharp green skin. Milky.

Tobacco Flower EDT (circa 198x) -

Cotton Fresh EDT (circa 198x) -

Thank you!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: Body Shop Perfumes - Old and discontinued

Thank you for this list. Unfortunately I think it might get longer. I liked reading about the older scents and I remember liking a lot of them.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries

Thank you, MysteryFemme.

There are many that I wish were still available... sadly TBS seems more focused on mediocrity than originality.

Another to be added to the list:

Raspberry (circa 198x) - sweet, fruity raspberry scent
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    Thank you, MysteryFemme.

There are many that I wish were still available... sadly TBS seems more focused on mediocrity than originality.

Another to be added to the list:

Raspberry (circa 198x) - sweet, fruity raspberry scent
    Raspberry! I have heard of this one but never smelled it. I guess back when they were still in production, there were so many and they were all so excellent I thought they would be around forever. If I knew they were going the way of the dodo, I would have bought all of them.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Raffles - 1980s...men's fragrance which I was also very partial to! Unfortunately I can't remember what it was like, but it was by far my favourite TBS men's fragrance.

Winter Dew -- also 1980's, was discontinued in 1995, I think. I bought every last drop of the oil at my local store when it was discontinued, and I still have quite a bit! It was a clean, aquatic scent, fresh without being sour, fruity, or overly floral. The bath beads were a deep blue, and a promotional brochure in the early 90's boasted that Winter Dew was the top selling fragrance in Saudi Arabia. (the things I remember!)

I'm a big fan of their original perfume oils... I'm going to list all the stuff that I have. I only collect the ones that are "vintage" - with black caps. You can check the photos of my collection on my wardrobe (though I haven't updated in ages). Anyway this is what I currently have:

1. APPLE BLOSSOM (30mL)
    2. VISIONARY (15mL)
    3. DEWBERRY - 80's (15mL)
    4. DEWBERRY - 90's - early 2k (15mL)
    5. DEWBERRY - 90's - early 2k (30mL)
    6. FUZZY PEACH (15mL)
    7. MANGO - 80's - 90's (30mL)
    8. MANGO - 90's - early 2k (15mL)
    9. MANGO - 90's - early 2k (30mL)
    10. RASPBERRY (15mL)
    11. RASPBERRY (30mL)
    12. SATSUMA (15mL)
    13. SATSUMA (30mL)
    14. L'AIRD (15mL)
    15. WINTER DEW (15mL) x2
    16. ACTIVIST (15mL)
    17. FOCUS (30mL)
    18. LEAP (30mL)
    19. HEARTFELT (30mL)
    20. MARI MARI (30mL)
    21. OCEANUS (30mL)
    22. TEA ROSE (30mL)
    23. THE SPIRIT OF MOONFLOWER (30mL)
    24. FREESIA (30mL)
    25. WHITE MUSK - 90's (30mL)
    26. WHITE MUSK - early 2k (30mL)
    27. JAPANESE MUSK - UK (30mL)
    28. JAPANESE MUSK - US (30mL)
    29. WOOD MUSK (15mL)
    30. VANILLA - 80's-90's original formulation (15mL)
    31. VANILLA - 2nd version, around 2004 (15mL)
    32. VANILLA - 2nd version, around 2004 (30mL)
    33. BLACK RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE (30mL)
    34. ALMONDESQUE (15mL)
    35. JASMIN (15mL)
    36. JASMIN (30mL)
    37. LILAC (30mL)
    38. PATCHOULI (30mL)
    39. COCONUT (30mL)
    40. STRAWBERRY (30mL)
    41. WOODY SANDALWOOD (15mL) x2
    42. SAMARKAND (30mL)
    43. ANANYA (30mL)

Will list some more soon...
    Last edited by scent0l0gist; 26th September 2012 at 03:25 AM.
    LF: The Body Shop discontinued perfume oils (Black caps/tops). Please PM me. ^_^

Hi all

a bit of a long shot but does anyone know anything about The Body Shops Fragrance Tea Rose rdt or Roma edt ? have found a 25ml bottle of each but cant seem to get any info on them

TIA

sharon xx