Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default Ralph Lauren Blue! For a man?

I have always loved this one on women. But the last time that I went into the department store to sniff around, I tried a spray of this one the back of my hand. The more I smelled it, the more I thought that maybe (just maybe) a man could get away with wearing this one. All day I went back and forth with myself fighting with the feminine sides of the scent. So what do you ladies think about this one? Could it be worn by a man?

Default Re: Ralph Lauren Blue! For a man?

I have BLUE in my wardrobe.
    I think this is a rather unisex scent, even though it's composition is a little feminine.
    I read from amazon.com that it has lotus flower, gardenia and pink peony, tuberose, rose de mai, and orange flower enriched with musk, ambrette, and sandalwood...
    I have worn it a lot during the day and when I wanted to act a little bit tom-boyish, "gender neutral" or during those meetings where the participants are male dominated. It is a very fresh and uplifting scent. I truly think you can get away with it.

I agree with Coconut. I went through a bottle of RL Blue. It's fresh and aquatic, and despite its floralcy (honeysuckle?) I think a man could probably pull it off. Obviously, you must test it on your own skin. Give it a try! What I really love about RL Blue, though, is the bottle - what an incredible color of blue that is. I want to be inside of it. I love RL fragrance bottles ( esp. Lauren, Safari, Blue, Polo). I think I buy RL fragrances more for the bottles than the scent. Although I do generally like RL fragrances. They're not super expensive either.

Oh, I know a man can pull this off, because:
    i) I'm a man;
    ii) I pulled it off. And wonderfully.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I get a scent verging on soapy, and a sort of nutty honeysuckle - it's clean and lovely and would be inoffensive on anyone.

When I first smelled it I thought it *was* a man's scent. It did some awful cumin-like turn on my skin, and was sooo unfeminine.
    Give this one to the men.