Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

I came across another thread along the same lines of this one, and thought the OP may find it useful, if he hasn't read it already?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/169...ating-over-you

try using Fragrance with Pheromones, the smell is just intoxicating, its like a love potion. =)
    http://fmperfumesales.com

I've worn fragrances for many years and now in my early 40's. Here are scents women have complimented me on:

1. Azzaro pour Homme. A fragrance that's been around for a long time - warm, spicy scent that I have received many compliments on.
    2. Angel Men. Many compliments on this fragrance. A very nice gourmand with vanilla, chocolate and caramel. I've had women who I didn't know come up to me and ask me what I was wearing.
    3. Le Male. See above

Jose

I think you should try and find somethig out of the ordinary. That way, a girl will be like 'what IS that scent?' and she will find you more unique and attractive.

Default Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?

I almost have to ask - are you seriously asking " if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands, correct? " ??
    .. if you are serious about this.. I'm a woman, I'm thin, although I certainly eat more than 1000 calories per day... but the thing is, thin women are like any other women, and like all different kinds of fragrances, so go with a fragrance that you like, and
    is "you", and makes you feel like " yeah, I feel great! " ( and smell good too! ) Now that will attract women...

You could just as easily reason that women who find food scents irresistible are the ones who eat more food. The women that pass on the dessert are probably the same ones that resist the gourmands.

What about the woman who stays thin by jogging 10 miles per day but then pigs out on ice cream (and gets away with it)? Don't you want to attract her?

Depending on what you have to offer, targeting women with extremely high levels of self-discipline might not be your optimal strategy

FTR, I'm thin, but I have to work hard at it, because I looooove food. But I generally dislike gourmands - strongly. Go figure.

But have you ever been really really hungry? Wouldn't a gourmand have smelled heavanly at that moment? Most women stay thin by not eating, even when they want to, which I'm sure causes these feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by IngaMi View Post
    thin women are like any other women, and like all different kinds of fragrances, so go with a fragrance that you like, and is "you", and makes you feel like " yeah, I feel great! " ( and smell good too! ) Now that will attract women...
    I strongly agree with IngaMi. Moreover, I'm slightly insulted by the notion that a woman's body mass has anything to do with her taste in fragrances.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Default Thread deleted

Thread deleted
    Last edited by pearhunter7; 4th August 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Default Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

I'm new to the whole BN and perfume obsession thing, but I'm getting there . I know i'm shallow, but I enjoy it oh so much! There is a sticky on the guy's forum asking what scents get complimented the most from females, but I want to know directly!

PS: How do you guys find Kouros?

Default Re: Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

Well now i feel stupid>_>. should've looked at the sticky on this board too

Default Re: Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Well now i feel stupid>_>. should've looked at the sticky on this board too
    Somebody asked a question about women's reactions to Kouros recently, too. Here, in fact.

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?
    This may be one of the funniest things I've read on here. Except maybe your "underwater" post, that was really silly. Though come to think of it, I am thin and do like gourmand scents....But I got this image of the never-seen wife on the Frasier TV show, Maris, who they always said was so thin...She was a great character, they said she would just walk into the coffee shop, order a coffee, then smell it and leave; and she broke her wrist trying to lift a chip with too much dip on it.

BTW, 1000 calories isn't enough to maintain a healthy body, or keep from losing weight, unless you are dead idle and like 4 feet tall. I don't think thin women starve themselves, or are hungry all the time, it's just a body type. Like tall or short. Some of us will be thin at a healthy weight, and others will be more healthy with more curves and padding.

I would note - on women's standards for how good men should smell; I still think that in general we are happy if you don't stink. You aren't going to gain much for smelling fantastic, even though I love fantastic smells. But if you smell good enough, you have removed a barrier.

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    This may be one of the funniest things I've read on here. Except maybe your "underwater" post, that was really silly. Though come to think of it, I am thin and do like gourmand scents....But I got this image of the never-seen wife on the Frasier TV show, Maris, who they always said was so thin...She was a great character, they said she would just walk into the coffee shop, order a coffee, then smell it and leave; and she broke her wrist trying to lift a chip with too much dip on it.

BTW, 1000 calories isn't enough to maintain a healthy body, or keep from losing weight, unless you are dead idle and like 4 feet tall. I don't think thin women starve themselves, or are hungry all the time, it's just a body type. Like tall or short. Some of us will be thin at a healthy weight, and others will be more healthy with more curves and padding.

I would note - on women's standards for how good men should smell; I still think that in general we are happy if you don't stink. You aren't going to gain much for smelling fantastic, even though I love fantastic smells. But if you smell good enough, you have removed a barrier.
    I love everything you've said.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Blog Entries

I'm going to say that Breath of God by BN2B2BB is a sexy one...in a mellow way. Although some people think it's vile, I love it.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Robin - - a perfect post, I too agree with all you wrote!

Joop For Men drives me *wild*!! It's Eau de SEX! I just cant get enough of it. Mmmmmm!

Default Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

I'm asking this question because I personally enjoy both Musc Ravageur and New Haarlem and plan on getting both bottles before the year is up. I have a lot of female friends whose ages range from late teens to mid twenties. I plan on wearing both fragrances but i'm not 100% sure if either one is appropriate because of their age. I want to know your opinion.

Default Re: Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

If it's a question of which one, I definitely vote for NH over MR.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

Hmmmm, I am not a fan of Musc Ravaguer. I tried but I find it disturbing.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

well... there was a few times when a guy whom I never had interest in wore such a perfume that was immediate turn on , lol

personally I love deep, dense sweetish woody scents ... my dream would be to sniff Kouros on a guy once. I sniffed from the bottle and made me weak in the knees hehe. Also a dream to sniff Musc Ravageur and PG's Coze.

Sali Hughes lists her favourite six men's fragrances: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-review-beauty
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sécrétions Magnifiques

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

So many men are scared to approach a pretty girl.
    To my fellow men I say forget about fragrances!
    But don't forget that in addition to confidence--
    Women really appreciate courtesy, especially on a date.

To wit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywED...DB786FF530AAE0

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Versace - The Dreamer. Absolutely the most attractive scent a man can wear.

A lot of girls I know dig Bleu de Chanel, I know its a bit over hyped but who cares, as long as the girls like them

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger
    Eau Savage.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Studies have shown that the favorite scent for women is that of freshly laundered linens.
    Dab on some fabric softener and see what happens.

The favorite smell for men is....bacon. Do you hear that Chanel...

L'eau Issey pour homme!

Bleu de Chanel, YSL Nuit De L'Homme, Polo Double Black, Armani Code, Chanel Egoiste.

Basenotes Member

Egoiste, Coromandel and Eau de Stability

I am GTSB's wife...
    I love on him DERBY of course, HABIT ROUGE, M7 ...

Quote Originally Posted by santyclaws View Post
    Egoiste, Coromandel and Eau de Stability
    Ok, if stability actually has a scent (like fear), would someone please describe it? The fact that I'm anosmic to stability and other scents in that family (commitment, dedication, "marriage material") has been the bane of my dating life thus far. I'm sure I'm not alone here...

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    The man turns me on, not the fragrance he happens to be wearing.

ah, that would be me

Piper Nigrum
    Black Aoud
    Jean Patou Homme Prive
    Last edited by silverbullet; 20th January 2012 at 04:29 PM.

I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

I absolutely LOVE Dolce and Gabbana for men. I know it gets ripped apart on these forums, but my friends and I think it is absolutely delicious. I also love Bvlgari Black. I have bought both of these for my husband.

Also, old spice deodorant is mouth watering on men. Pretty much all of them, but I think the original is the best. Men just smell good period. Yum.

I actually bought him Acqua Di Gio once and did not care for it at all. I don't get why it's so popular. Other than that, any fancy men's scents, but husband wouldn't be wearing because I would! I love to wear masculines...

Men should wear what they like. As a woman my preference is simply for clean men! Mr Ali isn't really interested in fragrance and gets anosmic if he sniffs more than two in a session. He has worn Quorum for longer than we've been together and it's part of his fabric.

Men should wear what they enjoy and feel happy in.

Before meeting Mr Ali my previous bf wore Femme or Jicky both of which smelt wonderful on him

As a respectable married woman/chick/girl of some years, I still like my man to smell seexxxxyy, and the first smell I ever smelt on him, Chanel Antaeus, remains my firm fave. Over the years, he moved on to Fahrenheit by Dior, hmm, seexxy, and at the moment he wears Vetiver by Jo Malone. I can espy with my nose Antaeus on any man, and it still turns me on. So I think the person who said, give her a long tender smooch and hold her close and she will forever love whatever you are wearing. The ole olfactories still hold the longest nicest memories. Fahrenheit is a very close second though.

Me and all my friends love 1 Million by Paco Rabanne. Hope I helped

There ought to be a sticky for a certain type of ANSWER, not just for this certain question !
    What answer am I talking about?
    Something like this:
    "..A cologne is not going to get you chicks, you need to talk with the woman, "work it" and in the end it all comes down to the man being the right person, it's not about his cologne, blah, blah ,blah..."

You don't need to tell men that getting women involves more than just the right cologne.
    They do know that.
    Why do they ask?
    Because this is a perfume discussion board.
    Last edited by Cumarin; 13th March 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Exclamation What "rich and sexy" fragrance(s) do you love smelling on a guy?

I'd like to get a female's thought on this matter, because I could care less what guys smelling me think (since I'm a straight guy).

What "rich and sexy" fragrance(s) do you love smelling on a guy?

Default Re: What "rich and sexy" fragrance(s) do you love smelling on a guy?

This question is too general. You are assuming all women have the same taste. And even then some ladies may prefer citric scents on one day and then leather on a different day.

I'm a guy.

for swap/sale:

I could care less what guys smelling me think (since I'm a straight guy).
    The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf9 View Post
    I'd like to get a female's thought on this matter, because I could care less what guys smelling me think (since I'm a straight guy).
    Assuming you're not on the planet of the Amazons, would you really want a fragrance that all the men around you hated, even if women thought it was fine?

Not being sarcastic, actually, just kind of curious.

Don't care how "rich and sexy" a guy smells or thinks he is.

If he smells like he has good hygiene, keeps his nails clean and nose and ears clear of hair has made a good start!

What sort of woman do you want to attract? A "rich and sexy" fragrance may not attract what you expect.

Actually wear whatever you enjoy In moderation which is where many men go wrong. No woman finds a bloke who wears 8 sprays of fragrance at every pulse point attractive

Jean Patou Pour Homme Prive'
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Muscs Koublai Khan. jk

queen of the universe

I want to smell a bit of the man with the frag. Healthy clean sweat, as after a brisk run, with a tobacco/leather scent, dear God in Heaven. Needless to say actual smokers are a turnoff. Tobacco is for wearing, not smoking.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Default Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Quote Originally Posted by cause = time View Post
    Excuse me for not knowing that this topic has been discussed thousands of times, as I am the freshest of all newbies. This thread was mainly in response to the young lady's thread asking men what they like. And were you being sarcastic about the feminine board treating me nicer if I tell them I've been going out with the same girl (my first and only girlfriend and kiss, mind you) since I was 16? We've been in a long distance relationship now for the past year (she's in Northern California for college while I'm in Southern California) so I don't even know why I'm considering her preferences so much. Guess I'm just a creature of habit.
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Acqua Di Gio
    Armani Code
    Guess Man
    Cool Water

For me, it's Vetiver by Guerlain. I just adore it and got some for my husband (as well as the aftershave gel and the deodorant). I love to bury my nose in his neck and get that warm woody/greeny scent that mixes quite well with his body chemistry. It smells wonderful without being overpowering. I am perhaps in the minority in disliking fragrances (on men or women) that leave a 100 foot trail that lasts for hours ... for me fragrance is something rather intimate. I like to be quite close before I get a whiff of scent.

Second would be No. 89 by Floris.

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by James Esq View Post
    Hello.

I shall be brief - which men's fragrance turns you on the most?

I apologise if this seems crude but I, like many, would like to know!

J.
    victoria secret!

Default What smell do you like?

What scent do you like on a man or grown boy?

These are some male perfumes that can really drive me crazy (provided they're on the right man of course!):
    ELDO Antiheros, ELDO Eloge du Traitre, Boss Bottled, Dior Fahrenheit, Terre d'Hermes, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin.

La Nuit de l'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by Cumarin View Post
    There ought to be a sticky for a certain type of ANSWER, not just for this certain question !
    What answer am I talking about?
    Something like this:
    "..A cologne is not going to get you chicks, you need to talk with the woman, "work it" and in the end it all comes down to the man being the right person, it's not about his cologne, blah, blah ,blah..."

You don't need to tell men that getting women involves more than just the right cologne.
    They do know that.
    Why do they ask?
    Because this is a perfume discussion board.
    +10000000000000000000%

I enjoy reading basenotes, but I don't understand why it gets so P.C. in here. Yeah, there are some idiots looking for "panty droppers", but not every guy asking for a woman's opinion is a dirtbag. If this were a forum about movies and a guy asked which are best for a date, I wouldn't expect people to chime in "OMG! It's not the movie that will make a woman like you!" Of course a woman is either going to be attracted to a man or she isn't. It's about the man, not the fragrance, but it's great to have women's opinions on which scents they find most attractive on a guy they're on a great date with. Assuming she's attracted to him, she might not mind if he's wearing something she doesn't even like, and that's great... but there are scents she'd prefer, right? If the date is really going well (and by that, I don't mean sex. I just mean lots of mutual attraction) there are scents a man can wear that, for his date, might really add to the experience. And since every woman is different, here we are asking each of you for your opinions because we're genuinely interested.

This is a perfume discussion board. As a guy, I'm very interested in which fragrances women find most attractive on a man. I definitely like getting a woman's perspective.

P.S. Apologies for the rant

But what a lot of people don't realise is that one woman's "panty dropper" is another woman's cryptonite.

Not to mention that if, say, M7 smelled amazing on a hunk of an ex boyfriend of theirs, it might smell like a cat litter tray on you.

How scents behave on each individual is very unique (many mainstream companies try to correct for this but there are still variations) and most importantly, how we all perceive scent is really personal.

There was a scientific study on "The Lynx/Axe Effect", if you will, and you know what the discovered?

The effect is real - but it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the smell of the product. When men believed they were wearing something sexy, their body language and demeanor changed to become genuinely more sexually attractive because they were more confident.

Rules for picking a "pulling" scent:

- Ignore brands, bottles, marketing and advertising.
    - Try to find a scent that you are genuinely drawn to. That scent is more likely to advertise your own body odour in a favourable way, which, in turn, will lead you to find a compatible sex partner.

The End.

It's untrue that it's all about the person (this is a perfume forum after all), except we all have different noses, and different fragrances turn us on. And who knows if it's the fragrance itself, or the mix of fragrance and chemistry. We've all had the experience of smelling an amazing fragrance on a man in a store, and following him around just to smell it, until we got up the courage to ask him the name. It definitely wasn't about the person. We do have fragrances that turn us on.

But that still makes the response just as varied! I wrote a review on Aramis, which my dentist wears. He's 71, has his fingers in my mouth, and plays with all sorts of scary drills and implements, yet when he's wearing Aramis, I'm just sitting there loving it. I don't know if it smells good on any other man, but it's really great on this short, round Italian guy. Mmmm.

I also like it when a guy totally loves my perfume, and is turned on by it.
    Last edited by flathorn; 16th July 2012 at 06:57 AM.

Of course we should discuss perfume because it's a perfume forum.

I'd find it more relevant to discus why a particular perfume is a favourite with people, or hear people's impressions of it "it reminds me of my dentist" or "my ex husband wore it" or "the first guy I slept with wore it" or "I really love spicy scents so this one is great"...

But to exepect to generate some kind of Holy Grail "panty-dropper" list of scents is just a little more than a pointless wishful-thinking excercise.

Unless you work for Lynx/Axe and want to maintain the illusion that spraying a particular set of scents will make women go wild, regardless of who you are, who the women are and what the situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger
    Chanel Antaeus
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

For myself and maybe many other guys, when we ask for a womens opinion of fragrances we don't expect or maybe even want answers like "if a man wears this on a date, I am his for the night". I just like to hear a womens honest opinion on whether they find a fragrance enjoyable and sexy on a man.

In my opinion fragrances/scents play a big part on the relationship between women and men. Some mens fragrances may cause the girls to hang round your cube area a little longer or maybe give you a second look thus allowing you to break the ice and get a conversation going. That conversation could be nothing more than a brief conversation or could lead to a life long relationship.

The same can also be said about women and what they wear. I can't tell you how many times I have stopped what I was doing at work just to see who was wearing that intoxicating fragrance as they walked by my cube. It is also not just the wonderful fragrances but the stinky ones as well..... lol, it is a little strange not wanting to hang around the hottest women in the office because the fragrance she is wearing is so obnoxious and loud.
    Living each day one spray at a time