Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

I came across another thread along the same lines of this one, and thought the OP may find it useful, if he hasn't read it already?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/169...ating-over-you

try using Fragrance with Pheromones, the smell is just intoxicating, its like a love potion. =)
    http://fmperfumesales.com

I've worn fragrances for many years and now in my early 40's. Here are scents women have complimented me on:

1. Azzaro pour Homme. A fragrance that's been around for a long time - warm, spicy scent that I have received many compliments on.
    2. Angel Men. Many compliments on this fragrance. A very nice gourmand with vanilla, chocolate and caramel. I've had women who I didn't know come up to me and ask me what I was wearing.
    3. Le Male. See above

Jose

I think you should try and find somethig out of the ordinary. That way, a girl will be like 'what IS that scent?' and she will find you more unique and attractive.

Banned

Default Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?

I almost have to ask - are you seriously asking " if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands, correct? " ??
    .. if you are serious about this.. I'm a woman, I'm thin, although I certainly eat more than 1000 calories per day... but the thing is, thin women are like any other women, and like all different kinds of fragrances, so go with a fragrance that you like, and
    is "you", and makes you feel like " yeah, I feel great! " ( and smell good too! ) Now that will attract women...

You could just as easily reason that women who find food scents irresistible are the ones who eat more food. The women that pass on the dessert are probably the same ones that resist the gourmands.

What about the woman who stays thin by jogging 10 miles per day but then pigs out on ice cream (and gets away with it)? Don't you want to attract her?

Depending on what you have to offer, targeting women with extremely high levels of self-discipline might not be your optimal strategy

FTR, I'm thin, but I have to work hard at it, because I looooove food. But I generally dislike gourmands - strongly. Go figure.

Banned

But have you ever been really really hungry? Wouldn't a gourmand have smelled heavanly at that moment? Most women stay thin by not eating, even when they want to, which I'm sure causes these feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by IngaMi View Post
    thin women are like any other women, and like all different kinds of fragrances, so go with a fragrance that you like, and is "you", and makes you feel like " yeah, I feel great! " ( and smell good too! ) Now that will attract women...
    I strongly agree with IngaMi. Moreover, I'm slightly insulted by the notion that a woman's body mass has anything to do with her taste in fragrances.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Default Thread deleted

Thread deleted
    Last edited by pearhunter7; 4th August 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Default Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

I'm new to the whole BN and perfume obsession thing, but I'm getting there . I know i'm shallow, but I enjoy it oh so much! There is a sticky on the guy's forum asking what scents get complimented the most from females, but I want to know directly!

PS: How do you guys find Kouros?

Default Re: Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

Well now i feel stupid>_>. should've looked at the sticky on this board too

Default Re: Ladies, what scents do you love on guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Well now i feel stupid>_>. should've looked at the sticky on this board too
    Somebody asked a question about women's reactions to Kouros recently, too. Here, in fact.

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?
    This may be one of the funniest things I've read on here. Except maybe your "underwater" post, that was really silly. Though come to think of it, I am thin and do like gourmand scents....But I got this image of the never-seen wife on the Frasier TV show, Maris, who they always said was so thin...She was a great character, they said she would just walk into the coffee shop, order a coffee, then smell it and leave; and she broke her wrist trying to lift a chip with too much dip on it.

BTW, 1000 calories isn't enough to maintain a healthy body, or keep from losing weight, unless you are dead idle and like 4 feet tall. I don't think thin women starve themselves, or are hungry all the time, it's just a body type. Like tall or short. Some of us will be thin at a healthy weight, and others will be more healthy with more curves and padding.

I would note - on women's standards for how good men should smell; I still think that in general we are happy if you don't stink. You aren't going to gain much for smelling fantastic, even though I love fantastic smells. But if you smell good enough, you have removed a barrier.

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    This may be one of the funniest things I've read on here. Except maybe your "underwater" post, that was really silly. Though come to think of it, I am thin and do like gourmand scents....But I got this image of the never-seen wife on the Frasier TV show, Maris, who they always said was so thin...She was a great character, they said she would just walk into the coffee shop, order a coffee, then smell it and leave; and she broke her wrist trying to lift a chip with too much dip on it.

BTW, 1000 calories isn't enough to maintain a healthy body, or keep from losing weight, unless you are dead idle and like 4 feet tall. I don't think thin women starve themselves, or are hungry all the time, it's just a body type. Like tall or short. Some of us will be thin at a healthy weight, and others will be more healthy with more curves and padding.

I would note - on women's standards for how good men should smell; I still think that in general we are happy if you don't stink. You aren't going to gain much for smelling fantastic, even though I love fantastic smells. But if you smell good enough, you have removed a barrier.
    I love everything you've said.
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Blog Entries

I'm going to say that Breath of God by BN2B2BB is a sexy one...in a mellow way. Although some people think it's vile, I love it.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Robin - - a perfect post, I too agree with all you wrote!

Joop For Men drives me *wild*!! It's Eau de SEX! I just cant get enough of it. Mmmmmm!

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

Default Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

I'm asking this question because I personally enjoy both Musc Ravageur and New Haarlem and plan on getting both bottles before the year is up. I have a lot of female friends whose ages range from late teens to mid twenties. I plan on wearing both fragrances but i'm not 100% sure if either one is appropriate because of their age. I want to know your opinion.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Default Re: Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

If it's a question of which one, I definitely vote for NH over MR.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Need Female Opinions: Do you like the smell of Musc Ravageur and/or New Haarlem on a Guy?

Hmmmm, I am not a fan of Musc Ravaguer. I tried but I find it disturbing.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

well... there was a few times when a guy whom I never had interest in wore such a perfume that was immediate turn on , lol

personally I love deep, dense sweetish woody scents ... my dream would be to sniff Kouros on a guy once. I sniffed from the bottle and made me weak in the knees hehe. Also a dream to sniff Musc Ravageur and PG's Coze.

Blog Entries

Sali Hughes lists her favourite six men's fragrances: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-review-beauty
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sécrétions Magnifiques

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

So many men are scared to approach a pretty girl.
    To my fellow men I say forget about fragrances!
    But don't forget that in addition to confidence--
    Women really appreciate courtesy, especially on a date.

To wit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywED...DB786FF530AAE0

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Versace - The Dreamer. Absolutely the most attractive scent a man can wear.

A lot of girls I know dig Bleu de Chanel, I know its a bit over hyped but who cares, as long as the girls like them

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger
    Eau Savage.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell
    Currently wearing: DKNY Women by Donna Karan

Studies have shown that the favorite scent for women is that of freshly laundered linens.
    Dab on some fabric softener and see what happens.

The favorite smell for men is....bacon. Do you hear that Chanel...

L'eau Issey pour homme!