Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Well, bernat if he was really that smart he'd stil be your bf, wouldn't he?

*sigh*

" There is no cure for love, except to love even more. "--- French proverb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that, as this thread continues to grow and spiral gloriously out of control with clueless male questions on what chicks dig----er . . . on what compliments an elegant man's wardrobe, I feel it my duty to revive a thread originally posted in the Male Fragrance Forum.

BABE MAGNETS AND THEIR MISSION STATEMENTS:

( I mean guys, what kind of woman do you really want to attract?)

1. Quorum, Pino Sylvestre, Insense Ultramarine--- These smell so bad she's got to be a masochist. Beat her, whip her, make her write bad checks . . .

2. Muscs Kublai Khan--Cut to the chase, you only want her if she's an erotically frenzied wildcat

3. Kourus--But If she likes this atrocity, she's even more perverted than you imagined. Run awaaaay!

4. Aramis, Brut, Drakkar Noir, Old Spice, Aqua Velva, Azzarro---Her dad probably wore it at some point. One can only hope that she still wants to sit on his lap.

5. Royal English Leather, Dunhill '34, Patou, Versailles--- If she mentions dad wore these, the family's loaded. Consider eloping to the chapel of Elvis in Vegas.

6. Roma Uomo, 3rd Man, Tuscany, Vintage Tabarome, ---You are unapologetically masculine, she'll rip your clothes off, NOW!

7. Le Male---Or queer eye for the straight guy, the bottle design episode. You rejoice in your feminine side.

8. Jicky, Jaipur, JHL, M7, Chergui, Musc Ravageur---And you do so with finesse.

9. Diptyque (any) And so, you could buy a boutique together and live happily ever after.

10. Coty (any): Except you've just been evicted from your trailer park. Good! See if she comes through for you and lets you move in rent free.

11. Rochas Man: Or A*Men redux. A vast improvement. Still it's so "chocolate shake" that you might attract jailbait. Check I.D. And have a good lawyer handy.

12. Piper Nigrum: Redundant if you're a waiter in an Italian restaurant, but otherwise a masterpiece of seduction by Lorenzo Villarosi. Think of it !

You'll smell like a wonderful dish of linguini with olive oil. How many millions of women want to break their diet? Can't miss.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 30th July 2009 at 06:16 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

I jusy love when my husband wears Paco rabanne Black XS also i always turn around if a man wearing old good "farenheit" passes by
    Last edited by F_A; 13th November 2007 at 01:24 PM.

Default I need your help ladies..(17 year old)

I've tried a lot of cologne....but I barely get any compliments from my girl friends.... I'm only 17 in my senior year..and a couple of dances are coming up, and I want a frag that gives me more then just a compliment. Maybe I just need more time experimenting w/ more cologne, but im on sucha tight budget that I cant afford to keep buying blind. I know, you're going to say "Go to Macy's and test the frags out"...and I do, but I don't know if girls would like it on me. I want something that really attracts their noses....just how womens perfume (Even victoria secret sprays) attract me noes, almost instantly after applying. I know girls like Vanilla, and floral scents..but I have no clue on what to buy.

Please gimme some suggestions. I would really appreciate it!

Here are some of the colognes i own/tried (and just don't work for me):

-Clinique Happy (Does not last long....)
    -Hugo Boss Bottled (TOOO SWEEET)
    -Kenneth Cole: Reaction (headache...too much apple goin on)
    -Very Sexy for Him (Not quite sure on this one)
    -Swiss Army/Swiss Army Altitude (^ Ditto)
    -Dunhill X-Centric (I returned it, but I instantly miss the scent)
    -Aqua Di Gio (sorta gave me a headache)
    -Coolwater (Dont wanan smell like every dude in my school)

I want something more sophisticated, yet easy on the nose..and will instantly give that "You smell realllllllllly nice/yummy)"..

Default Re: I need your help ladies..(17 year old)

I'm not a woman, but I think you should check out Carlos Santana for men. It was my ex g/f's favorite mens scent (and we've smelled quite a few). It's sweet and spicy - cinnamon, tonka bean, a bit of lavender. It almost smells "edible" without being cloying or too heavy like say, A*men. Actually, if you are out for compliments, try out A*men too. Chocolate + coffee. Women either love it or hate it, but the ones who love it really REALLY love it.

I would highly recommend Armani Code, its got a very classy subtle citrus scent.. Not too overpowering, smells great with great longevity...

Also while you're at it you might want to give Paul Smith London and Ralph Polo Black...
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Personally I find the following attractive on a man:

Pi - Givenchy
    Le Male - Jean Paul Gaultier
    Dior Homme
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Boucheron's Jaipur Homme is very, very good. If you could get a decant of Malle's Musc Ravageur that would also be excellent. These are pretty mature fragrances, but if you applied them cautiously to your neck and chest, I think you could pull them off at a dance. Another nice thing about light application is that your dance partner would need to be close to smell them well--and they are both so delicious she would want to smell them again after the first whiff. Good luck at your dances, relax and have a good time!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I have a son who is a little older than you and I have purchased Pi and Le Male for him and they both smell wonderful on a younger man ( older also). Good luck

See Mackz, 1st welcome. I'll have to put on my Mama hat on right now and say you should be worrying about school and not these fast behind girls ROFL!! OK I'm taking off my Mama Hat now

What you have to do is find the cologne that works best for "YOU". Cause what the next girl likes might not exactly smell good on "YOU". That may be why you haven't gotten any compliments. You are going to have to do what many of us do and love to do and that's just try everything you can get your hands on. You should get one of your female friends to go shopping with you while you try on some different colognes. You have to realize that even those colognes that may smell fab on you may smell horrid to the next person. Just make sure you bathe well and often.

See, most of us wear perfume for ourselves and not to attract others. Let me give you 2 tips to live by and grow on.......

First of all, you should be filling up your head with all the knowledge you can find. There is nothing more attractive than an intelligent man, and if he smells good, then it's even better. Smellin good may work for you now, but as you get older and start looking for "WOMEN", you better have way more going for you than some good smelling cologne. Honey, colognes will come and go, but no one can take away what you know. Knowledge will get you farther than any cologne. Coming here is a start. So, you're doing good because you are looking for knowledge.

Secondly, you need to get you at least one BFF (best female friend). I have a BFF and a BMF. What's great about having a real close friend of the opposite sex is that they can give you that female perspective. My best male friend and I have the greatest relationship. We have helped each other out and have been friends for more than 13 years. He gives me the male side of things and I give him the female side of things. See, your female friend can do that for you. You don't have to try and get with every female you came across LOL!! Save some of them for friends. It will benefit you in the long run. Trust me.

Now, go try........

Angel for men/Cologne.....Theirry Mugler
    Gucci Pour Homme
    Le Male....JPG
    Dreamer.....Versace
    Issey Intense.....Issey Miyake
    Narciso Rodrigues for Him

Girls like guys who smell good, but women like guys who smell good and have money. Now, go study all you can, cause the more you know, the more money you can make. The more money you make, the more you smell good. Catch my drift.....Real Talk
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Hey mackz welcome to BN

I'm also finishing my senior year this year. Generally I find girls our age tend to like sweet, woody kinds of smells. I think you should try A*men, Le Male, Pi, Gucci Envy and Body Kouros. My bf just finished a bottle of Escada Sunset Heat and that also smelled great!

Good luck and have fun at the dance!

Red face Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by James Esq View Post
    Hello.

I shall be brief - which men's fragrance turns you on the most?

I apologise if this seems crude but I, like many, would like to know!

J.
    i think u should be used issey mike perfume ,because its great
    Last edited by miyeke; 19th November 2007 at 11:26 AM.

I still love Joop! on a guy, but I think that may be too sweet for your liking. (Also, you need to apply this one with a light hand!)
    One time I actually sniffed around a man. He was a superior and bigwig at work, but he smelled so good that I just didn't care. I asked him what he was wearing and he said Pleasures for men. Yummy.
    I agree with the suggestion for Armani Code, that's a good one too.

Eau Sauvage by Dior
    Burberry for Men
    Last edited by beachroses; 20th November 2007 at 02:39 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Welcome, mackz! You've received some excellent suggestions here. PLEASE report back to us on what you think of the scents you try and the comments you get from others. We'd really love to learn, and we're pulling for you!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm not a woman, but I think you should check out Carlos Santana for men. It was my ex g/f's favorite mens scent (and we've smelled quite a few). It's sweet and spicy - cinnamon, tonka bean, a bit of lavender. It almost smells "edible" without being cloying or too heavy...
    That sounds like a good idea, too.

For cooler weather (like now) -

Informal/casual dance: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Formal: Basala

Greetings felllow brother...

A safe bet would be Chanel Platinum Egoiste...versatile for many situations...
    A more romantic situation would call upon Gucci Envy, YSL M7, Lanvin Arpege
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

I sooo agree with Platinum Egoiste... it has an uncanny ability to make even that little scent card sexy. Next boyfriend I get I am buying him this one as a gift.
    PS- I'm 18 myself and have been in love with this fragrance since 16. Its just too bad Chanel's womens fragrances don't smell as good!

Clicked on this thread to add a comment about Dzing! (Think it would be damn fine to smell on a man.)

Saw Mario Justiniani's post and laughed and laughed. Absolutely spot on!
    But what does that say about me if I like Dzing! Oh dear...
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hey guys, I appreciate all the suggestions!!!

Since now that I will be going to the Philippines (from dec 21st to January 9th)...do you think they'll have real cologne there? or will it be all fake? I'm asking this because, I wonder if it'll be cheaper? (I Hope the hot weather has no effect on the cologne).

Regardless, I Will be purchasing a bunch of cologne that you ladies/gents have suggested.

My first purchase will be Platinum Egioste, Armani Code, YSL M7 (MY dad has this..and he never uses it but he barely has any left), and Ill check out the Carlos Santana.

Quarry: I'll do another update when I actually buy these and ask what girls think about em'. (But i'm thinking about bringing my friend (Girl) to help see which scent she likes. I've been too busy with school and other extracurricular activities to actually go out and buy these.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    See Mackz, 1st welcome. I'll have to put on my Mama hat on right now and say you should be worrying about school and not these fast behind girls ROFL!! OK I'm taking off my Mama Hat now

What you have to do is find the cologne that works best for "YOU". Cause what the next girl likes might not exactly smell good on "YOU". That may be why you haven't gotten any compliments. You are going to have to do what many of us do and love to do and that's just try everything you can get your hands on. You should get one of your female friends to go shopping with you while you try on some different colognes. You have to realize that even those colognes that may smell fab on you may smell horrid to the next person. Just make sure you bathe well and often.

See, most of us wear perfume for ourselves and not to attract others. Let me give you 2 tips to live by and grow on.......

First of all, you should be filling up your head with all the knowledge you can find. There is nothing more attractive than an intelligent man, and if he smells good, then it's even better. Smellin good may work for you now, but as you get older and start looking for "WOMEN", you better have way more going for you than some good smelling cologne. Honey, colognes will come and go, but no one can take away what you know. Knowledge will get you farther than any cologne. Coming here is a start. So, you're doing good because you are looking for knowledge.

Secondly, you need to get you at least one BFF (best female friend). I have a BFF and a BMF. What's great about having a real close friend of the opposite sex is that they can give you that female perspective. My best male friend and I have the greatest relationship. We have helped each other out and have been friends for more than 13 years. He gives me the male side of things and I give him the female side of things. See, your female friend can do that for you. You don't have to try and get with every female you came across LOL!! Save some of them for friends. It will benefit you in the long run. Trust me.

Now, go try........

Angel for men/Cologne.....Theirry Mugler
    Gucci Pour Homme
    Le Male....JPG
    Dreamer.....Versace
    Issey Intense.....Issey Miyake
    Narciso Rodrigues for Him

Girls like guys who smell good, but women like guys who smell good and have money. Now, go study all you can, cause the more you know, the more money you can make. The more money you make, the more you smell good. Catch my drift.....Real Talk
    I appreciate it I knowww..it's just I want to be complimented sometimes, because I never do and I usually compliment a lot of girls on how good they smell. I Understand that being intelligent is important, having money is good and cologne is just a supplement that will bring the most out of you. I seriously need to get one of my friends to go cologne hunting with me ahha.....I'll be checkin out everything on your list... I've already smelt Issey Miyake and it smells unique.... Dreamer by Versace sounds nice

Another thing, My mom recently got Very Sexy for Him for a present (it came with other VS perfumes) and she gave it to me, and to tell you the truth it smells very generic and this is not what I want. Also, you have to spray it x100 for it to smell like anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
    Greetings felllow brother...

A safe bet would be Chanel Platinum Egoiste...versatile for many situations...
    A more romantic situation would call upon Gucci Envy, YSL M7, Lanvin Arpege
    Thanks bro
    Quote Originally Posted by chimera45 View Post
    I would highly recommend Armani Code, its got a very classy subtle citrus scent.. Not too overpowering, smells great with great longevity...

Also while you're at it you might want to give Paul Smith London and Ralph Polo Black...
    Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Personally I find the following attractive on a man:

Pi - Givenchy
    Le Male - Jean Paul Gaultier
    Dior Homme
    Eau Sauvage - Dior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Boucheron's Jaipur Homme is very, very good. If you could get a decant of Malle's Musc Ravageur that would also be excellent. These are pretty mature fragrances, but if you applied them cautiously to your neck and chest, I think you could pull them off at a dance. Another nice thing about light application is that your dance partner would need to be close to smell them well--and they are both so delicious she would want to smell them again after the first whiff. Good luck at your dances, relax and have a good time!
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    I have a son who is a little older than you and I have purchased Pi and Le Male for him and they both smell wonderful on a younger man ( older also). Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Hey mackz welcome to BN

I'm also finishing my senior year this year. Generally I find girls our age tend to like sweet, woody kinds of smells. I think you should try A*men, Le Male, Pi, Gucci Envy and Body Kouros. My bf just finished a bottle of Escada Sunset Heat and that also smelled great!

Good luck and have fun at the dance!
    Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    I still love Joop! on a guy, but I think that may be too sweet for your liking. (Also, you need to apply this one with a light hand!)
    One time I actually sniffed around a man. He was a superior and bigwig at work, but he smelled so good that I just didn't care. I asked him what he was wearing and he said Pleasures for men. Yummy.
    I agree with the suggestion for Armani Code, that's a good one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    Eau Sauvage by Dior
    Burberry for Men
    I appreciate it all the suggestions everyone!!!!
    Last edited by mackz; 13th December 2007 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There's a new Kenneth Cole that my daughter just bought for her boyfriend for Christmas. He is 19, and as it's her choice, I thought it might be worth checking out. It's called RSVP. I think it's gorgeous.

For my 21 year old son, I bought Paul Smith Story, and it smells amazing on him. If you're able to try them out it would be best, to see how your skin reacts to these.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Default Most sexy MENS fragrance that drives you wild?

Hey Ladies,
    I'm hopping over to this side to ask what mens fragrance you absolutely love? Whats something that would make your head turn even if you were out w/ your significant other?

You all have developed noses, what do you say? I'm looking to make heads turn! :-)

Default Re: Most sexy MENS fragrance that drives you wild?

This question has been asked many times - one of the threads has even earned a 'sticky' (it always appears at the top of the forum topic listings):

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189708
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Musc Ravageur.

and as the old commercial went, "manly yes, but I like it too." I'm planning on acquiring some for myself.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Yes, I'd refer you to the sticky at the top of the ladies' board. If only to read Mario Justiniani's absolutely hilarious description of which ladies you will attract with which fragrance.
    And then I'll repeat myself by saying I'd really like to smell Dzing! on a man.
    Hoop - la!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Blog Entries

The name Musc Ravageur comes up incessantly and I've never smelled it. Where can I get a whiff of this stuff?? I really should acquaint myself with it...

Thanks, Michael
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    The name Musc Ravageur comes up incessantly and I've never smelled it. Where can I get a whiff of this stuff?? I really should acquaint myself with it...

Thanks, Michael
    It's Frederic Malle. Barney's is the only place I know of; Ebay if lucky.

Same answer every time this comes up - Eau Sauvage, Le male or Pi.

My head doesn't turn when I'm out with my husband, I still think he's the most attractive guy around. I think many of the newer men's scents in dept stores smell just as bad as the women's. Synthetic clone or head space notes are a huge turn off. Many of the so-called better lines smell just horrible to me, now. I know people complain about reviewers who use the word "bug spray," but if that's what you smell like to me, what it is.

I like Eau Sauvage, Orange Leaves by L'Occitane and the original Burberry for Men. Citrusy, woody or florals like lavender on men. Not a fan of musk, unless it comes from a natural source like the musk rose, ambrette seed, etc.

HA! We posted Eau Sauvage at the same time, kewart.
    Last edited by beachroses; 14th December 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Red face Re: Most sexy MENS fragrance that drives you wild?

My husband (and his predecessors) don't wear fragrance, but I swoon and my mind goes murky with a whiff of Antaeus.

Red face need ladies advice

i have been dating this girl awhile and I like her very much...i have not heard her ever exclaim that she likes any thing that i wear, but i have never heard her complain either. I always think she smells wonderful, but i was wondering if there are any frags that your husbands or boyfriends wear that you just cant get enough of? I know there will be varying answers on this, but any help is greatly appreciated....i asked the guys too, but i would rather a womans perspective since im dating a woman! I realize there is a sticky on a similar topic, but i wanted some more personal responses as to my particular issue. Thank you.

Bashfully,
    Nick
    Last edited by jdnba; 14th December 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Default Re: need ladies advice

My husband wears SL Rousse, Gucci Pour Homme II, Dunhill, Cool Water (though not so much in recent years) and one of the Beckham fragrances...can't remember the name of that one. Of them all, the one I notice the most and really love to smell on him is Rousse. I wear it too sometimes.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Default Re: need ladies advice

I know most guys try to avoid this, but take her cologne shopping with you. Taking a women shopping is asking for it I know, but at least you will get your opinion.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

Blog Entries

MONK... a warm winter gothic incensy eau de parfum.
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Already mentioned, but yeah, Givenchy's Pi is supposedly a ladykiller
    Last edited by bernat; 15th December 2007 at 01:43 AM.

Pi by Givenchy
    *Vintage Perfume Bottle Identification & Appraisal Services Available.
    **Author of over 250 eBay guides on vintage perfumes & vanity accessories.
    **Proud member of the International Perfume Bottle Association

I know this has probably been mentioned several times, but <i>all</i> of the girls I know go absolutely crazy for VERY SEXY FOR HIM - VICTORIA'S SECRET

Of course, A&F'S FIERCE is also a huge hit. They may not be 'quality' fragrances as some might say, but if you're looking for a uhm, blast, I highly recommend these.

COOL WATER by DAVIDOFF . . . a possible choice as well.

The escada brand scent and perfume i like most to wear. bcoz in this brand number of varieties for wearing in day, evening and in special ocasions.

Lightbulb Scents that women love

Sorry, I just saw gunslingers post.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 30th December 2007 at 04:36 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Default Re: Scents that women love

Welcome to our side. If you look at the top of our page there is thread that will let you know all you need to know about what we like It's the very 1st thread.

I recently got my boyfriend his very first Cologne. It is Guess Man, which I believe has been discontinued now? (that's why I had such a hell of a time finding it!) I've owned the female version of Guess (juice is a purple/pink colour) and I love it + it's the only one he has ever complimented me on. I smelt Guess Man and was in LOVE!! And I just love it on him too! It's a great, fresh scent and can be subtle or strong depending on how much is sprayed on. Guess Man is definitely my turn on men's cologne.

Yatagan by Caron
    Fahrenheit by Dior
    Jules by Dior (I even like to wear this one)

Lol, I've only read the first two pages, but I see all these women complaining about it not being the scent but being the person, but on many a time, i've had girls that I really don't know, come up to me and start a conversation with me about what i'm wearing (Fragrance-wise, lol)

But, I do agree with a lot of you, there isn't a certain scent, everything smells different to everyone, what is ones nose candy, is another's nasal horror (especially in the case of certain fragrances *cough* Issey Miyake *cough* ) Just try something different, and it's sure to get attention !

The two greatest loves of my life (one I married, one I didn't) both adored Armani Eau Pour Homme. The problem with that for me is that their ex-boyfriends wore it, so I refused to wear it. (The fact that I don't really like it didn't help.)

Givenchy Pi is divine. Also Old Spice. (I know, I know...) I just can't get enough of catching a whiff of Old Spice on a man.

Quote Originally Posted by hallospacegirl View Post
    Givenchy Pi is divine. Also Old Spice. (I know, I know...) I just can't get enough of catching a whiff of Old Spice on a man.
    Old Spice is a very nice scent...it is the quintessential mens fragrance. I like it also.

I like Burberry London on my husband. It is manly, refined and ...very anglo.

it would have to be Chez Bond for me by Bond No. 9- i smelt it on my boss last month and bought it for him for valentines day .. can't wait!

I love:-

Givenchy Very Irresistible:- the dry down on it is divine!
    Rive gauche
    YSL L'homme
    Dior Homme
    Issey Miyake's L’eau Bleue D’issey
    Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir Cologne:- My favorite! It is absolutely gorgeous!

I also love Old Spice! My dad wears this one very well! I don't think everyone can pull that one off though.

I've yet to smell any of the niche fragrances - but I will be going with dh soon to sniff out the Creed's etc!

Ladies, thank you for putting in your two cents worth all over this thread, there are some great insights here...

the best one being "it's not the scent, it's the man..."

Gentlemen, you have asked the wrong questions in these threads...

the scent that chicks dig/females love/ blah blah blah...

is the wrong one to wear...

I'd be willing to bet a decant of anything in my wardrobe that you can't find a woman on this board that had her mind made up sexually about a guy because of the frag he was wearing,

I'd also bet that almost any woman here isn't totally turned on by a guy who exudes power, mastery of himself and the confidence that accompanies these things.

Get a scent that makes YOU feel on top of the world. As long as it's not something that stinks so bad that it drives her off, it will likely be just fine.

There is no universal scent that will make women flock to you. What WILL make women flock to you is when you radiate confidence. THAT is the universal aphrodisiac.

If you can't walk into a room carrying yourself with the authority of someone any woman would want to be with, they're never going to get close enough to you to wonder what smells so good anyhow...

Wear the frag that makes your spine a little straighter and makes you hold your chin a bit higher and that's the one that'll work for you.

Thumbs up Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Zino Davidoff
    David and Becca forever!!

I love Pi by Givenchy.

Bulgari Black...I love this one, it 'gets me' everytime my husband wears it!

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. A male friend of mine at work was wearing something that I think was called Giacomo de Giacomo? Is there such a scent? It was light, clean, sort of evergreenish...I am very unfamiliar with men's fragrances, but that was nice. Overbearing scents are actually a turn off to me, whether it be on men OR women.
    could be Jacomo de Jacomo

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    I'd be willing to bet a decant of anything in my wardrobe that you can't find a woman on this board that had her mind made up sexually about a guy because of the frag he was wearing,

I'd also bet that almost any woman here isn't totally turned on by a guy who exudes power, mastery of himself and the confidence that accompanies these things.

Get a scent that makes YOU feel on top of the world. As long as it's not something that stinks so bad that it drives her off, it will likely be just fine.

There is no universal scent that will make women flock to you. What WILL make women flock to you is when you radiate confidence. THAT is the universal aphrodisiac.

If you can't walk into a room carrying yourself with the authority of someone any woman would want to be with, they're never going to get close enough to you to wonder what smells so good anyhow...

Wear the frag that makes your spine a little straighter and makes you hold your chin a bit higher and that's the one that'll work for you.
    Now there you go being reasonable. Unless you're going to tell me about a magic elixir that will get Tina Fey to instantly fall in love with me, I don't to hear any advice that would require effort on my part. (Tina, if you're listening, please return my calls!)

This (thaifighter's words, not my unnecessary Tina rant) should probably be moved to the front page of this thread and copied and pasted on to any future inquiries about what women like or how to attract or get women. And possibly pm'd to every male who joins basenotes, just to cut down on some of the repeat questions.

Strange how advice that is so basic and obvious isn't obvious to everyone.

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Only Tina Fey?
    Well, I admire monogamous men, though I'll never understand them.
    Logic indeed. Of course women are attracted by the confidence we exude!
    Ya bunch of wimps!
    Reverse the situation.
    Think of what turns US on in women when we first meet them; is it merely their scent? Of course not!
    Ye shallow ones.
    It's their nubility, their curves, their legs, their hair, their bedroom eyes, their sultry siren voice, the way they carry themselves as they saunter lasciviously towards -----um---.never mind.

And what's all is this about: " I really like it when my husband wears x "?
    Who cares??
    We want to know what would make you cheat on your husband!!
    For crying out loud! Don't you know anything about men?
    ---
    BTW in case you haven't checked. there's a new thread now on the men's forums entitled:
    " Which scent gets you the most female compliments? "
    Not quite as many responses as this thread--yet; but we're getting there.
    Omnia Vanitas ( or is it omnia clueless?)
    Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the fairest of them all?
    -------
    I propose we merge both threads. We need to understand each other better
    Or at least have a good laugh . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 6th April 2008 at 09:24 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    Zino Davidoff
    I wholeheartedly agree ;-)

Thumbs up Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I propose we merge both threads. We need to understand each other better
    Or at least have a good laugh . . .
    I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Only Tina Fey?

We want to know what would make you cheat on your husband!!

Cheers,

Mario
    It probably Very Irresistible for men from Givenchy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Fresh sweat.

I don't think it's been bottled.
    agree.