Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

i have a thing for sweet woody colognes on men

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

I have a thing for BOOZY scents on men! Oh... & leather! Oh... & lime!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Blog Entries

I go crazy for a man wearing Angel. Also Le Male...JPG, Dreamer, Green Jeans, Cologne...TM, and good old fashion Grey Flannel.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by James Esq View Post
    I am currently wearing YSL M7, Gucci PH and Burberry Brit....what say you of these scents?
    I've given Gucci Pour Homme as a gift to two men...I love the scent!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Addict View Post
    I've given Gucci Pour Homme as a gift to two men...I love the scent!

OMG!! I forgot about that one. I gave that to my ex. You wouldn't believe how amazing it smelled on that man. Talk about the perfect melding of cologne and body chemistry.

It's so funny because when I met him, he knew nothing about how to wear cologne. He wore CK Obsession, which didn't mix well with his chemistry. Can we say Peee Uuuu. He was very warm blooded. You can feel the heat coming from his body when you were next to him. I found that spicy/woodsy colognes worked well with his warmth and body chemistry. I even got him to start soaking in the tub and exfoliating once a week like me lol! I bought him Green Jeans, Dreamer, Angel, Cologne...TM, and Gucci PH. They all smelled amazing on him.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

The 2 fragrances that I found sexiest on men for 2 very different reasons were:

CK Obsession - for the warm overt sexiness -and-
    Leu D'Issey - for clean, want to get closer and can't stop sniffing him sexiness.

ladies/girl
    i know it is a little personal, but maybe if you write your age (just like to 18, 20-25, 25-30, 30-35, 35-40, 40+) and status it would be better..
    please understand, it is different when 22 y.o. free girl who is "enjoying life" write.. yes i like this smell on boys
    and it is different when 40 y.o. married woman with 2 children write yes i love when my husband smell like this..
    dont beat me please

<sorry 4 my english>

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Hi henten

A/S/L?
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

what is A/S/L?

After reading posts in this thread I can only add this:

Wear fragrances that YOU love and make YOU FEEL GREAT! This is how you'll discover your "personal" scent. So, start sampling...and good luck!

I think it depends on a men how he wears his fragrances...just askin women which fragrances is addictive is a bad move...that means you didn´t find yourself in fragrances (or your charakter)...it depends on so many thinks...age, weather, day or night, charakter, clothes...where you goin (club, restaurant, beach, date and so on)...every women got a different tastes and different life time (experience)...thats why they are so many different fragrances :-) some like it sweet, some like it fresh and so on...

Let me be more specific here...Which of these two do you prefer, Erolfa by Creed or Green Irish Tweed by Creed?

They are both very good...EROLFA is good for spring and summer, but Green Irish Tweed is very good for the whole season...I prefer GIT.
    Last edited by P-Natra; 30th August 2007 at 08:04 AM.

Talking Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

I just want evidence you shower regularly.

I'm personally turned OFF when men wear cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    I just want evidence you shower regularly.

I'm personally turned OFF when men wear cologne.
    Are you sure you're in the right place then?

cheers

@ sakecat22, would you like it, if a man is turned OFF, when you wear a fragrance?
    Last edited by P-Natra; 2nd September 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Unhappy Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Wow! Didn't expect to get that strong a reaction to my comment.

Probably worth clarifying - I'd rather know up front whether something I wear is offensive. I have absolutely no qualms about not wearing fragrance if it offends someone.

For example, my mom's asthma makes her very sensitive to what I wear - so when I see her I stick to very light wearings of vanilla-based scent - or stick with the scents resulting from the deodrant / bath gel / shampoo combo that day.

There is such a wide range of strengths within fragrance, and most of the men I have run into that wear cologne tend to wear very strong ones - which colors my opinion somewhat. I can't tell you the number of times I've been within arms reach of a man and my eyes start to water....Not sexy.....

That said - I am dating a man who wears Farenheit. He smells great - but he also wears it sparingly. That way - I have to get very close to smell it and it doesn't fully cover his natural scent.

And isn't that what you boys are after anyway?

James,
    The cologne by Lacoste is one you should sample. I love it when i smell it on a guy.
    =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post

That said - I am dating a man who wears Farenheit. He smells great - but he also wears it sparingly. That way - I have to get very close to smell it and it doesn't fully cover his natural scent.

And isn't that what you boys are after anyway?
    I am a firm believer in less is more when applying fragrance. One can only hope that is what you ladies, in your own particular pheromonic way, are after also.
    Last edited by kbe; 8th September 2007 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I am a firm believer in less is more when applying fragrance. One can only hope that is what you ladies, in your own particular pheromonic way, are after also.
    KBE, "Homme Magnifique",
    You're too much, man!

I thnk I am of the "more is more" school, unless I know I'll be with people in a closed space. But the comment I usually get is they smell something nice, and they do lean in to get a sniff. I must have some built-in sense of propriety, at least a little bit.

Of course, when I'm at home doing web development, thick, gaseous clouds of scent are de rigeur!

And while I love tastefully applied perfume on women, a huge blast of nice juice seems to really fit certain ladies to a T, if they have outsized personalities, for instance. Same with guys, too.

[wow, I actually posted to a "what do chicks dig" thread. I must be losing it.]

Cheers, D
    Last edited by Cognoscento; 8th September 2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: plus mots

I don't care.

So what if i leave a trail that wilts vegetation and makes chain smokers choke.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

L'Occitane Orange Leaves, but of course, it depends on the man wearing it.

Question Gentleman's Fragrance

Goodday Ladies,

I'm not going to ask a question like which fragrance makes you think that a guy is sexy or makes you tear off his clothes, because I'm sexy (and also megalomaniac) enough ;-) What I want to know is: Is there a fragrance which gives you an impression that the wearer of this fragrance is a gentleman? You know, I got tired of being sexy and I want to change class and upgrade to the gentlemans class. Your precious helps are needed for to reach this goal. Thanks in advance for all your thinking and typing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger
    DEFINITELY Rochas Man for me.

Antidote, Arpege Pour Homme, Eau D'hadrien, Eau Du Sud,caron Pour Um Homme ......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I don't care.

So what if i leave a trail that wilts vegetation and makes chain smokers choke.
    LOL

or even leaving a trail that wilts chain smokers and makes vegetation choke.

Default Re: Gentleman's Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Bytebuster View Post
    ....I got tired of being sexy and I want to change class and upgrade to the gentlemans class. Your precious helps are needed for to reach this goal. Thanks in advance for all your thinking and typing efforts.
    Parfums de Nicolai New York.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Default Re: Gentleman's Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Bytebuster View Post
    Goodday Ladies,

I'm not going to ask a question like which fragrance makes you think that a guy is sexy or makes you tear off his clothes, because I'm sexy (and also megalomaniac) enough ;-) What I want to know is: Is there a fragrance which gives you an impression that the wearer of this fragrance is a gentleman? You know, I got tired of being sexy and I want to change class and upgrade to the gentlemans class. Your precious helps are needed for to reach this goal. Thanks in advance for all your thinking and typing efforts.
    Eau Sauvage by Dior

Vetiver by Guerlain

Ask for recs on the Hermes fragrances.

I also enjoy the Parfums de Nicolai line, although I haven't smelled any of the men's fragrances. You can buy samples at Beautyhabit. fyi

Been thinking about this...Nicole Farhi for men. M...mmmm! I contemplated getting this for myself, but I think it fits the description!

Givenchy's Pi and Creed's Silver Mountain Water were my smart ex-boyfriend's scents.

They're certainly yummy but they bring back memories, so please don't wear them if you plan on dating me
    Last edited by bernat; 10th November 2007 at 04:37 PM.