Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default hello fragrant women, young amateur in dating scene needing advice?

hello ladies, im a 16 year old guy and have recently started going on dates and getting closer to girls. so, out of my fragrances, which would you like the most? btw i got most of these for christmas so havent really tried them.i cant afford any more so please dont suggest different ones for now, ecomonic crisis hits hard in my home! so out of,
    dolce and gabbana pour homme
    drakkar noir
    chanel allure
    diesel fuel 4 life
    joop go
    chanel platinum egoiste
    chanel allure sport
    tommy for men
    davidoff cool water game
    so thats my collection and the main reason im asking is because ive got this girl coming over to stay with us for a few weeks as her parents travel, friends of the family and to be perfectly honest shes hot stuff! thank you.

Hillaire

Default Re: hello fragrant women, young amateur in dating scene needing advice?

I have a boy your age, so I cannot probably give you the sort of reply you desire..
    But, quality-wise, you are best off with the Tommy or the Diesel. Also, they're not "too old", and give that Platimum to your grandfather!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I have a boy your age, so I cannot probably give you the sort of reply you desire..
    But, quality-wise, you are best off with the Tommy or the Diesel. Also, they're not "too old", and give that Platimum to your grandfather!
    Tsk, tsk Hillaire. I did really well with Platinum Egoiste at age 18 with the ladies .

Personally I like the D&G the most, but you should wear whatever makes you feel confident. Even the Platinum Egoiste. Never too young for any fragrance imo

We can suggest our preferences to you, but it will in no way reflect what the young lady you're wanting to attract will like. You should choose something YOU like, something that speaks to you and inspires and represents your mood/feelings. Something that compliments your personality and makes you feel comfortable in it. Because fragrance speaks to us all differently.

Cool Re: hello fragrant women, young amateur in dating scene needing advice?

Quote Originally Posted by avfcdamian92 View Post
    the main reason im asking is because ive got this girl coming over to stay with us for a few weeks as her parents travel, friends of the family and to be perfectly honest shes hot stuff! thank you.
    Dude, you posted in the Female Fragrance Discussion forum asking how to score with the daughter of some family friends?

Personally, I find that obscene; you really should have posted in the Male Fragrance forum.

I like the Egoiste the most of the lot but then again, I can be pretty curmudgeonly for a 22 year old guy.

Pick the one you like the most if it is also unlikely to make her turn and run for the hills in disgust--it is always harder to talk to women when they are sprinting away from you...
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 25th January 2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Typp

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Dude, you posted in the Female Fragrance Discussion forum asking how to score with the daughter of some family friends?

Personally, I find that obscene; you really should have posted in the Male Fragrance forum.

I like the Egoiste the most of the lot but then again, I can be pretty curmudgeonly for a 22 year old guy.

Pick the one you like the most if it is also unlikely to make her turn and run for the hills in disgust--it is always harder to talk to women when they are sprinting away from you...
    Not if you can shout real loud.

Why don't you just rotate through them...if she is staying around for a while, one is sure to appeal to her ! Just don't over apply, or it won't matter what you have on, none will work

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

The suggestion to rotate sounds like a good idea.
    Out of the ones in your collection that I'm familiar with, I like D&G and Black Suede the best.

dont you guys think we need to have a poll here?

Any girls here like the Narciso Rodriguez - for Him? Personally.. one of the few 5 star fragrances around these days.
    unico grande amore.

i have to say my top 5 in order so far
    Poivre Samarcande
    Monsieur by Gres
    Vetiver Bourbon
    Égoïste
    Sables
    Look at this tangle of thorns

Default Men fragrance that drives you crazy??

What is the men fragrnace that drives crazy-that YOU LOVE SO MUCH on a men.
    I have received compliments from the following :
    1. Cool Water
      Aqua Di Gio
      Dior Homme
      Armani Code
      Terre D'hermes
      Dolce &Gabbana Pour Homme
      Gucci Envy
      Kenneth Cole Black
      Burberry Brit

Default Re: Men fragrance that drives you crazy??

A relief.. thought women really didn't like.. though there's a few I own aswell on that list.. good work
    unico grande amore.

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Your lusting
    Is disgusting

I found my motto, guys.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post

I found my motto, guys.
    Ouch! Shut down before I even started...

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I don't think a man's cologne has any bearing on whether or not I find him sexually attractive.

I can love his cologne and want get close enough to sniff while having no sexual interest in the man himself. Or I can find the man very sexy, while having no attraction at all to his cologne. They're just not all that related for me.
    Best answer so far

Definitely Kouros. Also the original Aramis

I have a huge thing for Davidoff Coolwater on a guy. It drives me insane, lol. Although it is getting more common now
    Last edited by browncat; 14th May 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Default best cologne irresistable to women?

Hello,women in this community I would like to know what is the irresistible scent you have ever smelled on a man. I wan't a real romantic night type of fragrance for when I go out on a date. Is there any fragrance that is irresistible to you women. I am a guy and there are so many fragrances I do not know what to choose. I am wearing valentino v for men right now,but I am always looking for different and better fragrances. Please let me know.

Default Re: best cologne irresistable to women?

Oh dear...better look at the sticky at the top of the female fragrance board. You'll get plenty of ideas there. Good luck!

Smile irresistable scent to women that is different?

Hello,I am looking for a irresistable cologne to women that not every man wear's. I wan't it to be a very romantic scent that would be great for the evening or on a date? Please give me some advice. I do not mean gorgio armani colognes,which every man alive wears. Please tell me a irresistible scent to a woman that is very romantic.

Default Re: irresistable scent to women that is different?

Walk around with Crisp New $100 dollar bills in you're pocket.....Woman love the smell of cash

Just kidding....posting this thread here is a good Idea....Im curious as well to see the responses. Like will we see more expensive scents posted...or the cheaper classics like coolwater and curve....I guess time will tell:wave:

Or you could save yourself sometime and read an almost identical question which is the sticky at very top of this forum...with 270 posts....with 45,358 LoL....Something tells me you arent't the first guy that set out to find the "Holy Grail" / Panty-dropping Cologne
    Last edited by Scent Master; 18th May 2009 at 02:49 AM.

Default Re: The mens fragrance that turns females on

Quote Originally Posted by taolady View Post
    welcome, surileo. But have you read the thread?
    This is classic!
    Last edited by Scent Master; 18th May 2009 at 03:19 AM.

Smile Re: irresistable scent to women that is different?

Where are you from? I am from pa. I couldn't believe what you said. It made me laugh,which is awsome.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro

Im 25 now! I lived in NJ until I was 20 and then moved to Florida which is where I've been for almost the last 6 years. Florida has to be the best place to live in the country..probably right there with California. I don't know how I lived in NJ all this time. I mean I love the change of seasons, the New York Yankees, Being a train ride from the Big Apple....the rich NJ history....great pizza.....Quality Dinners....but nothing can compete with great weather all year long. Also You can watch the space suttles take off....get season passes to the best parks...disney world, bush gardens, near all the beaches...its amazing!!!!!

Hello,women in this discussion board is there any particular scent that drives you crazy. It can a older or newer scent. It can be anywhere from 30.00 up to 100.00. I don't care. What is the most irresistible scent that lasts and you absolutely love. There are so many I don't know what to get. I like issey miyake,eternity by calvin klein, gorgio armani aqua di gio, gorgio armani code ect.ect. What would you say is the best fragrence. I wan't something different,romantic and irresistible to women. There are so many I don't know what to chose.
    Thankyou

I used to love Havana by Aramis, not smelt it for years, but it was quite sexy. Or perhaps it was the guy I know that used to wear it....

Smile Re: Hello Ladies

Hello,can anyone tell me if joop for men,which was produced in 1989 is a good or bad fragrance to wear around women? Is it a feminine fragrance or do women find it irresistible? Please let me know?
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy

Hey Jernizzle456, I heard some really hot women talking the other day and they said that those really really expensive Clive Christian perfumes are the only fragrances that women like and do not like any others. So, you should go out and buy those quick now or else no woman will ever like you.

My boyfriend wears Issey Miyake which I love
    http://www.shop.co.uk/health-and-bea...m=Issey+Miyake

Also Hermes, not sure which one but think its terre d'hermes, it's amazing

Axe drives me nuts for some reason. I hate the smell of it and I would never put it on myself but I like it on a guy for some reason.
    Last edited by Moople; 13th June 2009 at 05:20 AM.

Yeah, Axe/Lynx is just like the commercials, hot babes all around!

Reading through this thread is a hoot -- mostly because it is about 50 requests merged into one GIGANTIC plea for help escaping the Land of Male Celibacy.

Of course, it goes without saying that your fragrance is very low on the list of what will attract a woman. (Although, drenching yourself in something rancid can and does scare off women who may otherwise be charmed by your looks and personality) Wear what you like and use it sparingly. We are only partially animals, we won't be attracted to you if we can smell you across the room. However, if we already like you enough to lean in close to whisper in your ear, it is a nice bonus if we then discover that you smell nice.

I am totally cracking up at the number of references to Drakkar Noir. I'm 40, and just about every woman I know of my age group has had a two-stage experience with DN....

1) Fab boyfriend wears it! Doesn't it smell sexy? It's the BEST SMELL EVER!

inevitably evolves into

2) Douchebag ex wore that crap. Stupid jackass and his overpowering cologne. What a loser. I totally need to meet some new guys. And, if I never smell DN again, it will be too soon.

I'm new to this whole fragrance thing and I don't venture to the men's side of things often, but yesterday I tried Guerlain's Derby and I looved it.

My sister an equine veterinarian and her fiance trains race horses and it just subtly and yet immediately evoked all those lovely barn scents of hay and leather that they both seem to carry with them.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Yeah, Axe/Lynx is just like the commercials, hot babes all around!

Reading through this thread is a hoot -- mostly because it is about 50 requests merged into one GIGANTIC plea for help escaping the Land of Male Celibacy.

Of course, it goes without saying that your fragrance is very low on the list of what will attract a woman. (Although, drenching yourself in something rancid can and does scare off women who may otherwise be charmed by your looks and personality) Wear what you like and use it sparingly. We are only partially animals, we won't be attracted to you if we can smell you across the room. However, if we already like you enough to lean in close to whisper in your ear, it is a nice bonus if we then discover that you smell nice.

I am totally cracking up at the number of references to Drakkar Noir. I'm 40, and just about every woman I know of my age group has had a two-stage experience with DN....

inevitably evolves into

2) Douchebag ex wore that crap. Stupid jackass and his overpowering cologne. What a loser. I totally need to meet some new guys. And, if I never smell DN again, it will be too soon.
    Oh that is so true!

For me, ultimately any frag can be ruined if I start to associate it with a a person I'm not fond of - regardless of how much I used to love that perfume. Was I ever attracted to a man because of his scent? Maybe, but that was when he came out of a gym sweating and not wearing cologne.
    And as for men's fragrances - I really like the ones I would be wearing myself (and I do that occasionally ).

I LOOVEE Chanel Allure Homme Sport.. So fresh and sexy on any man

Basenotes Institution

Ok ,here are my 2 cents. I recently bought my husband the new men's Gucci. ( Grey bottle )
    Firstly, it's so sexy to watch your man pull off the stopper- you really do need to pull it off - quite manly . Then the smell is gorgeous, deep and incensey . Smells like a real man. : D
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I could use some general suggestions what fragrances fall into the 'sexy' category and are appropriate for my age group (21) and appeals to women in my age bracket (again let's say 20-25). Then I can try some and find one that I like, thank you very much. I have Divine L'Homme de Coeur and could get La Maison de Vanille's Moai, any thoughts on those?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Welcome, Sundance J. Smooth! I'm not familiar with either of those scents, but as you can see from reading this thread, women's tastes are individual so there's no point in trying to please everyone, or really anyone but yourself (until you find that special girl who says, "But baby, I just love David Beckham Instinct!"). Have confidence in wearing what you like. This is the sexy and appealing scent that chicks dig.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I gave my brother a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme for Christmas and he says women follow him around when he wears it. I've noticed that he wears it now for all the "special events" or times when he really wants to make a good impression.

My ex-boyfriend used to wear Giorgio Armani's Armani and it was pure magic on him.

The security guard in the building where I work wears something called Bakkhur which he bought in Dubai. As far as I'm concerned it's the most perfect scent ever created. When I walk into work, I absolutely must smell his neck. Since he's super tall, he has to bend down and let me get my fix. I close my eyes and inhale deeply, get a huge smile and thank him. Then we both laugh and go our way. The last time he went to Dubai, he brought me back some and I swear, I have it in my safe now.

My current boyfriend wears John Varvatos' John Varvatos. Something about that one really works on his skin. Maybe because he spends a lot of time in the sun or something, who knows. I can't resist leaning over and sniffing him when he's wearing it. He used to think I was leaning in to tell him a secret.

Good luck! I hope you find your magic potion soon!

The thing is, I just want to know what qualities are generally 'sexy' in a fragrance... chocolate, as in A*Men or vanilla as in Pi? Or just generally any sweet fragrance? Anyhow, I am going to try YSL Rive Gauche, M7 and Body Kouros, Chanel Antaeus, Egoiste, Platinum Egoiste, Givenchy Pi, Mugler A*Men, Dior Eau Sauvage, Boucheron Jaipur Homme and Guerlain Habit Rouge, Gucci Pour Homme II... unless some of those are too old for me or for girls my age anyhow (20-25).
    Thanks for the helpful input!
    Last edited by Sundance J. Smooth; 15th July 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron.D View Post
    Hey Jernizzle456, I heard some really hot women talking the other day and they said that those really really expensive Clive Christian perfumes are the only fragrances that women like and do not like any others. So, you should go out and buy those quick now or else no woman will ever like you.
    So true!
    I spotted a bottle of his1872 at Marshall's ( or was it K-Mart?) for $9.75
    But it was supposed to be part of a set: 1872, Number One and X for Men!
    I complained to the manager but he wouldn't let me have it for less than five bucks so I had to pass.

*sigh*

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 30th July 2009 at 06:51 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Wink Re: LADIES, can we ask you something?

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post

"What's downright sexy?" What's wearing the frag.
    My favorite answer thus far
    I love this thread.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

The security guard in the building where I work wears something called Bakkhur which he bought in Dubai. As far as I'm concerned it's the most perfect scent ever created. When I walk into work, I absolutely must smell his neck. Since he's super tall, he has to bend down and let me get my fix. I close my eyes and inhale deeply, get a huge smile and thank him. Then we both laugh and go our way. The last time he went to Dubai, he brought me back some and I swear, I have it in my safe now.

Basenoters globally are now frantically trying to get a whiff of Bakkhur!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

I am amused as I sit here reading through this thread realizing this is certainly a question many male Basenoters would love to have answered, and it's a fun thread. Many thanks to all the women who've weighed in here to give us a glimpse into the theoretical secret answer to help us find the holy grail of men's fragrance.

I'm now a mature enough guy to realize this is an unanswerable question. The reality is there is no simple answer. There are probably as many answers as there are women, and it would take a gigantic poll of thousands of women to see if any one scent, or even just a handful got a universal thumbs up from women. And if there is a scent you absolutely love, if you don't like the guy, you'll just like the way he smells.

Just be a gentleman, find a scent that works for you and the rest will follow. Just don't over do it.

There is no secret answer to be found. There are always a handful of newly introduced men's frags that are "hot" and on women's minds at any given time, but they come and go.

Having said all that, I am a fool for any women who can wear Angel well. Turns me into a speechless 15-year-old every single time.

Considering my wardrobe , how am I doing untill now? Do I have any chance of meeting a cute lady with this stack? haha
    Last edited by Giustino; 30th August 2009 at 11:15 AM.
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by Giustino View Post
    Considering my wardrobe , how am I doing untill now? Do I have any chance of meeting a cute lady with this stack? haha
    Only if you wear 5 or more sprays of Rien.

***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Only if you wear 5 or more sprays of Rien.

That would be a definite Killzone, haha
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post

inevitably evolves into

HA!! I just snorted red wine all over my computer thanks to you!

Dior does it for me

Dior Eau Noire.....my fav....so dark and smoky
    Dior Higher
    Fahrenheit

And Drakkar Noir....probably for a younger guy

I haven't had the pleasure of smelling many mens fragrances.... but I like a mans fragrance to be slightly sweet - musky - with a bit of spiciness to it...creamy.....incense MMMmmmm

Fragrance as a whole does it for me though, ......many a time I have walked past a guy and the scent of him has made me gasp....sometimes I even get flushed..if you know what I mean LOL

I would recommend any guy to just try different fragrances and see what suits YOUR skin, wear it for a day and if you can't stop sniffing yourself 'coz it smells soooo good, go with it

EDIT:- Adding Kenzo Power - very sexy
    Last edited by Seremela; 3rd September 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Cool Re: hello fragrant women, young amateur in dating scene needing advice?

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile View Post
    Tsk, tsk Hillaire. I did really well with Platinum Egoiste at age 18 with the ladies .
    Hm . . .I found this posted on PE by some sophisticated genius in the " Reviews" section:

"Refined? Naw. Battery Acid? Close enough. Do women like it? I think Paris Hilton would, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Chanel has come up with a masterpiece again, only this one is a bold interpretation of every LOUD, and overbearing male citrus/wood scent made in the last decade. But what the hell, it's the best of the bunch. Good 'ole Chanel."

I must say, I rather tend to agree.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 21st September 2009 at 03:13 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Chypriot View Post
    Definitely Kouros. Also the original Aramis
    Thanks Chypriot, may Aphrodite bless you.

(Well, Aramis is a leather chypre )

My fellow horn dogs, NOW will you believe those who say that it really is a matter of individual taste??

*sigh*,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 18th October 2009 at 04:21 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Seremela View Post

Fragrance as a whole does it for me though, ......many a time I have walked past a guy and the scent of him has made me gasp....sometimes I even get flushed..if you know what I mean LOL

I would recommend any guy to just try different fragrances and see what suits YOUR skin, wear it for a day and if you can't stop sniffing yourself 'coz it smells soooo good, go with it
    Yeah, this. Just a fine smelling man. Yums.

Default Re: Hello Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    This is difficult to answer, as I have problems determining whether I like fragrances on *myself* from day to day, let alone someone else. I know what I like when I smell it on a specific person, but usually no more than that. There are masculine fragrances I like in the bottle which don't translate over to chemistry on the person. The reason I say this :-):

My ex-husband smelled good *only* in Canoe. There were plenty of fragrances I liked better on a tester strip, but none smelled better on him.
    My brother-in-law wore a fragrance I thought smelled very nice. When I asked what it was, I was stunned to find out it was BRUT. How that stinky stereotype in a bottle could have taken on such a magical transformation, I'll never know. But it did. My current SO had a bottle of it, and it reeked on him. He smells perfect in Eternity for Men. I've tried many of the leather fragrances I adore on him, and none have worked - they just don't smell right on him, and actually stink :-(

BUT, I don't mind giving someone a direction in which to start testing - at that point, they're on their own, and whether my nose preferences work on him, who knows? As long as he understands there is no magic bullet, no universal aphrodisiac, I don't mind exploring the sensual qualities of masculine fragrances much as we do with the feminine. I think what sets so poorly with women on this board is the way the query is often worded, and the assumption that comes through behind it - to find a fragrance which universally turns women on, like a weapon to use to get what is wanted. That is very unsettling. I believe it irritates us because it displays a lack of insight and understanding of women. But the question of sexy fragrances shouldn't be taboo, as it's a special aspect of perfume. I, too, want to wear something my SO finds exciting. I think a permanent thread is a good idea with such an enduring question. I'm one who'd like to explore this arena more, except for fear it would start a barrage of inanity like "What would make you take your clothes off on the first date?"

I find Sandalwood extremely sensual, more so than musk, perhaps because musk notes are artificial now and don't have the power of the original. I have to take musk fragrances case by case. I also find leather to be a sensual note. Patchouli is iffy for me - if it smells too much like Patchouli, I don't like it, but when it's modified and submerged, more tobacco than patch, I find it sensual. I also find boozy notes sensual, especially the one in Idole de Lubin. I adore lavender in a fragrance, but don't find it so much sexy as appealing. As a rule, I like earthy, leather, and fresh fragrances. Coumarin is usually a turn-off for me, as is a blatant gourmand. I don't have much experience with men's fragrance because I've never been around a man who's a fragrance lover. I would love to be around one who is and be able to explore the sensual aspects of them together.

My list (which is liable to change tomorrow):
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Vetiver- Guerlain
    Eternity for Men
    Idole De Lubin
    Muscs Koublai Khan
    Opone
    Czech & Speake 88
    Jicky
    Kolnisch Juchten
    Un Cedre - Serge Lutens
    Black Aoud
    Dzing
    Musc Ravageur
    Tam Dao (maybe Costes, too)
    Piper Nigrum
    Santal de Mysore

What a great post. Intelligent and balanced...........

What interests me is how much do we really know what we like? ,and how we are impacted by the subtlties of a given scent. So much is happening at a sub-concious level, how much do we really know.........

Quote Originally Posted by rp123 View Post
    What a great post. Intelligent and balanced...........

What interests me is how much do we really know what we like? ,and how we are impacted by the subtlties of a given scent. So much is happening at a sub-concious level, how much do we really know.........
    It is 100% subjective, no matter how intelligent and balanced a review/reply is given. But the fact that people are still trying to get a handle on a perfume that will attract someone actually denotes a lack of intelligence to me, nothing personal. People attract people.

Sacrilege here, but attraction has nothing to do with the cologne a man wears. Besides the obvious personality/physical-emotional attraction thingy, women are attracted to the way a man REALLY smells. His own personal odour. It's pretty primal. And how they look- not whether they are handsome or not, but whether or not we can, on a subconscious and primal level, detect whether or not they have features similar to ours, which means we COULD be related. Which would not be good for the propagation of the species, whether or not we even want to do that.

That said, a showered & yummy smelling man who takes pride in his grooming is usually a GOOD thing
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 9th September 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I don't think a man's cologne has any bearing on whether or not I find him sexually attractive.

I can love his cologne and want get close enough to sniff while having no sexual interest in the man himself. Or I can find the man very sexy, while having no attraction at all to his cologne. They're just not all that related for me.
    That's what I had to say back in January, and I still feel the same way, but I can see that from a man's point of view, wearing a fragrance that makes me want to at least stay close enough to get a better sniff, even if I'm ONLY attracted to the scent and not the man himself, is more desirable than the alternative. So...in that vein...I love the scent of patchouli on a man. Smells like satyr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Thanks Chypriot, may Aphrodite bless you.

(Well, Aramis is a leather chypre )

My fellow horn dogs, NOW will you believe those who say that it really is a matter of individual taste??

If not, please imagine the following scenario:

There are five incredibly hot women who regularly post here. All five answer that they blush at the weak-at-the-knees erotic effect a certain man's fragrance has on them.

But of course each has a different choice and is indifferent to all others.

#1 Adores men who wear L'Heure Bleue by Guerlian or Bandit by Piguet.

#2 Is wild about Brut. She stops strangers whenever she sniffs it and engages them in conversation-- at the least.

#3 Has been known to bite men who wear Rive Gauche Pour Homme, even at work.

#4 Swoons at Pi.

#5 Dumped her fiancee at the altar and eloped with the minister because he wore Old Spice--they now run a mission in Sudan.

Now gentlemen, isn't it better to ignore all this and buy what makes YOU feel good and confident

OR

Would you be nuts enough to buy all 5 and wear them on rotation?

( Damn! I hear a chorus of YES!!---- I really should write advertising copy )

*sigh*,

Mario

Mario,
    It might help get the answer you want if you remember that your chance of ever meeting even one of these ladies is about one in a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    It is 100% subjective, no matter how intelligent and balanced a review/reply is given. But the fact that people are still trying to get a handle on a perfume that will attract someone actually denotes a lack of intelligence to me, nothing personal. People attract people.

Sacrilege here, but attraction has nothing to do with the cologne a man wears. Besides the obvious personality/physical-emotional attraction thingy, women are attracted to the way a man REALLY smells. His own personal odour. It's pretty primal. And how they look- not whether they are handsome or not, but whether or not we can, on a subconscious and primal level, detect whether or not they have features similar to ours, which means we COULD be related. Which would not be good for the propagation of the species, whether or not we even want to do that.

That said, a showered & yummy smelling man who takes pride in his grooming is usually a GOOD thing
    I agree that those looking for a magic bullet to attract women are mis-guided, of course....... Howwever, I do think that it is foolish to discount the power that a scent has to both attract others, and make oneself feel attractive. I know for certain that some scents affect my mood, and then in turn , my demeanour.

I was reading recently that it is only our sense of smell which is directly connected to the central nervous system. Smell is dealt with in the Limbic system, whereas sight, sound, touch and taste enter through the Thalamus ( a more indirect route.)

Quote Originally Posted by rp123 View Post
    I agree that those looking for a magic bullet to attract women are mis-guided, of course....... Howwever, I do think that it is foolish to discount the power that a scent has to both attract others, and make oneself feel attractive. I know for certain that some scents affect my mood, and then in turn , my demeanour.

I was reading recently that it is only our sense of smell which is directly connected to the central nervous system. Smell is dealt with in the Limbic system, whereas sight, sound, touch and taste enter through the Thalamus ( a more indirect route.)
    I don't discount smell at all. Personally, when I get close to a man, I can smell "him". The smell of his skin, the smell of his hair and the smell of his sweat. And I know right away if I want to get to know this man better. Too much cologne is a turn off and gets in the way of that. That is why I love the gym so much. Not extreme body odour, but that "musky" smell that only men have. My super sensitive nose, a blessing and a curse

Taste in colognes & perfumes is 100% subjective though. What works for you might not work for me. That was my point. A magic "Cologne of Attraction" is the stuff of fairy tales.
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 10th September 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Good morning, 3xasif! Just adding my voice to yours -- I don't completely discount scent either. But I think that if you are attracted to someone, you will be attracted to them whatever artificial fragrance they wear or don't wear. If you are not, then perfume is also beside the point. If you are attracted to somone and they are wearing a fragrance you love, then yay!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th September 2009 at 11:49 AM.