Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Good morning, 3xasif! Just adding my voice to yours -- I don't completely discount scent either. But I think that if you are attracted to someone, you will be attracted to them whatever artificial fragrance they wear or don't wear. If you are not, then perfume is also beside the point. If you are attracted to somone and they are wearing a fragrance you love, then yay!
    Good morning Lilybelle

I totally agree. Then it is like icing on the cake, yum

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Hm . . .you don't live in S. California, do you?

The poor bastard has seen too many Axe commercials while smoking stuff he couldn't spell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVHd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tWZ...eature=related

And is in dire need of help or finishing High School and moving away from his parents.

Cheers,

Mario

P.S In case any woman wonders what makes us go weak at the knees, try a good roundhouse kick.
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 18th October 2009 at 04:19 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Good morning, 3xasif! Just adding my voice to yours -- I don't completely discount scent either. But I think that if you are attracted to someone, you will be attracted to them whatever artificial fragrance they wear or don't wear. If you are not, then perfume is also beside the point. If you are attracted to somone and they are wearing a fragrance you love, then yay!
    I second what lilybelle and 3xasif are saying. It's the man--not the scent.

Then again, an attractive man who is wearing rose and/or jasmine--and I turn into a spaniel at the point! :bounce: Perfume alone does nothing if the man is a jerk or an idiot...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Mario those are ridiculously funny!!! "Spray more" oh dear

Post Thanks / Like

I like the smell of outdoor sweat. Sweating in gyms smells differently on a man. I also like base notes like sandalwood, tonka and a touch of patchouli, but other scents are nice, too. I just have to smell them on the guy himself to know for sure.
    Last edited by beachroses; 27th October 2009 at 04:33 PM.

My husband is generally sweet-smelling already, so if I could GET him to try it, I think Terre d'Hermes would smell AMAZING on him. The mix of his own sweetness with the minerals and spice, delicious!

OR. If he would let me spray a little of my YSL Y on him. I bet that would be gorgeous.

My husband doesn't wear cologne often but when he does, he wears Swiss Army by Swiss Army..not sure what it is about that one that just makes me shiver in my britches Just looked and it's citrus/lavender, sweet spice and woods any good recs?

Also Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Kenneth Cole - T-Shirt
    Azzaro - Chrome
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    http://stinasperfume.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everytime I Wear Dior Homme, I Get Many Compliments

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite scents on a man are as follows:

Creed Silver Mountain Water

Frederic Malle l'Eau d'Hiver

Versace Man Eau Fraiche

I wholeheartedly agree that it's the man not the scent. I often find a scent attractive because I'm attracted to the man, rather than the other way round. Luckily I don't know anyone who douses themselves in Lynx deodorant - probably because I don't hang around with teenage boys (and why would anyone call a deodorant Lynx? Have they never smelt one in a zoo? Yuck.) - and most men I know seem to wear Le Male or, in the case of one friend, CKOne, both of which are fragrances that I've always liked and been known to wear myself.

I've always loved Eau Sauvage, but I think it's because my dad has always worn it. I don't know anyone my age who wears it, which is a shame.

Well, if you are serious about this, you really need to get Sex Panther, by Odeon. It's hard to get the pre-reformulation version because it has bits of real panther in it and it's illegal in 9 countries. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Quote Originally Posted by latelittlesleeper View Post
    My husband is generally sweet-smelling already, so if I could GET him to try it, I think Terre d'Hermes would smell AMAZING on him. The mix of his own sweetness with the minerals and spice, delicious!

OR. If he would let me spray a little of my YSL Y on him. I bet that would be gorgeous.
    I will again say "it's the man, not the perfume." The scent of my husband's skin drives me bonkers--pure and simple. Right out of the shower or after a day at work.

I would LOVE to douse him in Aramis or even jasmine extrait, but he's conservative and will only wear Truefitt and Hill 1805 and YSL Opium Pour Homme, which I started him on. (He was wearing some other type of crap scent when I first dated him.) Maybe some day...

A man's odeur virile is extremely sexy and will work majic if you are the right woman for him. A man's scent (containing pheromones) is his genetic telegraph message that you are his proper mate.

A handsome, sexy man--with confidence and a pleasant, sweet demeanour--ON TOP of being covered in scent, is hard to resist. :bounce:
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Man this is an interesting thread. Well first off women have a more acute sense of smell and can detect your cologne even if you think its gone... So from that stand point I have not worn more than two sprays on the chest. The neck projects way too much IMO. If you have Parfum/strong cologne like Anateus then try the spray walk in the mist method. Sometimes a shower with deodorant just melts her, but most importantly colognes show good taste and style. They give a signal a subtle hint and not really the tear the clothes lets get it onnn effect.

So a scent is associated with you when you are past the meet greet in the club or dating stages and spend more intimate moments; thats when the scent kicks in and she associates it with the cherished moments with you.

Therefore, wear the scent you like, the one that puts you in a good mood and gets the game on mode. Also, mainstreams are best avoided coz everyone has worn ADG,CW, curve or of that nature that reminds them of their EX-BF,Lover Dad or brother etc... So go unique the one that makes you; you.

Personally i steer clear of aquatics, just not my style and usually they cant get it right.Plus it feels like the fragrance market just seems to be pushing on endless bland watery scents.

For me a Shower, two sprays of SMW (for fresh effect) or GIT (Green fresh woodsy effect) depending upon the mood works. There are others of course but these two seem to do the trick best.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that will make you look like Clive Owen with the sense of humour of Eddie Izzard and the intellect of Martin Amis will do.

hey, first off, i'm a guy.

to me a scent is something i just wear because i like it, it compliment who am I . further i liked the smell, not because a girl tell me to wear this and that just because she thinks it suits me, screw that, it smells like a bouquet of rose which i i hardly ever use, only on occasions like my mother's bd or a girl that i really appreciate because she did something nice for me.

so bottom line is to pick the smell that you like , like here mean "sniffing behind your ear like a dog chasing his tail" you see it, you want it, but you can't get it.

let's answer your question, on the intimate lvl where skin abrasion take place, it's up to your girl and the way she wants it. if she's a daddy's good little girl then wear something masculine, she likes to be dominated while sniffing a definite man scent. but if she's a princess where freedom and fate is in her hand, wear something more on the aromatic side, like DG original, it's less offending and will compliment the inner gentleman in you. nevertheless, if she likes you, she likes you, scent matter no more, only your image in her mind turns her on. so now which is more important?

closet: DG original ( my favorite, but anway, does it matter anymore?)

I love the classic Ginseng by Jovan for men, but they don't make that anymore. (NRG is nothing like it.) Also "The Good Life" by Davidoff is nice.

Peach K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your (apparently) intrepid indie perfumer Michael Storer here...

This subject is infinitely fascinating to me, for it lies at the crux of perfumery, IMHO.
    Why some women find being queried about what sorts of aromas "turns them on" offensive, whereas I believe men rarely do, is some kind of sexual dichotomy I don't grasp. I'm only taking this from the statement above, mind you.
    Regardless of gender, every human who has a healthy sex drive is curious to know what "works" and what is a waste of time. Let the sexism go, whoever you souls are who find this a bother. It's a known fact that fantasizing about sex takes up of a lot of time with BOTH genders, whether admitted or not.
    I've designed a fragrance for men which captures some of the virile elements described by many women and some men who love the smell of men as attractive. However, I don't think I or anyone else has the entire story.
    Men and women present distinct blends of their bodies' sex steroid hormone breakdown products on their skin and especially in their secondary hair, which is nature's way of wicking them off of ourselves and into the noses of those in our proximity. These odorants, or in some cases, "unsmellable" odorants, give the receiver information about the sexual maturity, testosterone , estrogen and likely progesterone levels as well as, it seems now, the state of ovulation, in the case of women.
    These basic aromatic morsels of information were apparently sufficient for more primitive creatures to track down and engage a mate. However, as we developed bigger brains, we found other even more useful means for making unconscious decisions about what we found sexually hot. I'm talking about compatible personality traits, perception of honesty, strength of character, responsibility, suitability for parenthood, and so forth.
    There is yet another factor which is highly relevant for the betterment of our species which I believe our biology has managed to utilize as a turn "on" or "off" switch for perceived desirability. Histiocomplimentation. I coin this word because histiocompatibility actually refers to the degree of allele sameness. But we don't (typically) find close allele relatives an irresistible "turn-on" the way we do with certain other individuals for inexplicable reasons.
    Genetically speaking, a species fares far better in the long haul with a larger gene pool rather than a small or dwindling one. It's in Mother Nature's best interest for us to be drawn to individuals who "smell different", as, for example, a Swede is often attracted to an Italian, –to skin which smells one way to be attracted to certain oils which smell differently. These are subtle chemical cues which go far beyond but are combined with the several steroid components we wick off via our secondary hair –a reason one should leave it intact instead of razoring smooth like a prepubescent. I digress and surely will raise someone's itchy stubble with that intimate statement. Do what you will, but it's meant to serve you erotically and not be merely an inconvenience or ape-man vestige.

The upshot IMHO, is that the variants of unique signature aroma each of our bodies produces are so diverse that attempting to capture them in a row of spray bottles would prove to be a massive feat.
    Not to mention the fact that we could easily find ourselves espoused to a goose instead of a rabbit, just because our object of pursuit had been aromatically disguised as something he or she was not.
    Once the knot had been secured and the charade had grown tiresome, we'd suddenly find ourself bound at the hip with a horse of a different color and not at all with what we thought we had wooed.
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I must agree that the universal sexy scent for a man is Eau Sauvage by Dior. All others are a matter of personal taste. Last Summer we could have bathed in it. It is timelessly sexy, plus it was born the same year I was -- 1966. Too sad it isn't a really winter scent.

My personal favorite in second place is Chanel Egoiste/Egoist Platinum.

Deni
    lifedithyrambic.blogspot.com
    dithyrambic a. Pertaining to, or resembling, a dithyramb; wild and boisterous. «Dithyrambic sallies.» Longfellow. -- n. A dithyrambic poem; a dithyramb. A frenzied, impassioned choric hymn and dance of ancient Greece in honor of Dionysus. 2. wildly enthusiastic speech or piece of writing. Life Dithyrambic n. Writing passionately about Motherhood, Adoption, Illegitimacy, Technology, Science, Pop Culture, Ecology, Film, Art, the Religious-right, and Perfume (not necessarily in that order.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What cologne do you ladies like on a man?

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    What's a good cologne to get the ladies? under 20 years old (im 18)...I don't want anything risky or too old smelling..

Simple. Clean. Yummy. Head Turning (in a good way) Addicting. Long Lasting. Silage that everyone and their mother can smell.

any recommendations? Check out my warddrobe, I don't know if any of those meet my requirements b/c those are all fairly new and I haven't worn em out yet.

thanks!

I have tried Issey Miyake..but it didn't last on my skin Also tried Allure/sport. No luck with those on me. (scents dont last long on me..it sucks)
    Dude,

Six squirts of cologne is way too much. (Try two.) You also don't want sillage everyone and their mother can smell. That much scent will drive people away. They will call you the "Cologne Guy" and laugh at you. The secret is to attract -- not overpower. Just a whiff of something alluring, fresh or mysterious invites someone to move closer.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 31st December 2009 at 08:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

diesel fuel for life

Default Favorite MALE fragrance!!

hey i was wondering what were the female perspective on male colognes, which do you like best on your man or any man??
    Last edited by justinmonty; 3rd January 2010 at 06:09 AM.

Hillaire

Default Re: Favorite MALE fragrance!!

Cuiron by Helmut Lang
    Scent 79 Men by Jil Sander

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have said it before and I will say it again Dior Eau Sauvage, Egoiste, Egoiste Platinum. I am open to being persuaded otherwise, but pretty happy with those 3.

Deni

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My better half loves Creed Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed and Silver Mountain Water on me. She also is very partial to Geir and Bond No 9 Bleecker St.

Post Thanks / Like

See the Sticky Thread at the top of the FFD forum:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/189...blah-blah-blah

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, what Asha said: this topic has been discussed many times, under diferent names such as "what chicks dig" :-) and others, and we still cant's come to the unanimous conclusion -- what I dig would be totally different from what any other Basenoter or any other chick would appreciate.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

My other half loves Carthusia Mediterraneo, Xerjoff Mefisto and Bois 1920 classic in the Summer and Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo and Amouage Jubilation during Winter.
    I must remember to hide a few in better places this year, as I get fed up of her using mine instead of her own sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

As a guy Unforgivable By Sean John worked wonders for me even though i'm complemented on all my colognes. Some would say it doesn't last very long but after a long day of hard work I still had people complementing me on it. I think my body chemistry allows colognes to last longer than usual. I also agree it depends on the woman. My mother like leather/sandalwood, my sister like gourmand scents, and my girlfriend isn't a great help she likes anything I choose. Thank God for great body chemistry.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Would love to smell on a man / an ode to Musc Ravageur

Which niche summer fragrance do ladies love to smell on a man?

Which frag just blows your mind and makes you wanna shout to that person how good he smells?

(this experience I had with Musc Ravageur, when a lady walked past behind me and from 7ft distance shouted: "wow, you smell awesome!" and started breathing in the air around me. Similair incidents have happened almost every month for the past half year)

Fanatical compliments aside, MR is just a wonderfull scent.

Now with spring approaching soon and my bottle of MR running out, I'm looking for the next frag that might stimulate the senses during summer as much as Musc Ravageur is doing for me this winter.
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

Post Thanks / Like

The above post was before I took the effort to check if there wasn't any other similar thread. Thank you mods!

Browsing the pages I've counted 14 mentions of Eau Sauvage.
    Eau Sauvauge is a fragrance rarely touched by people born after 1980 (from my own observations).
    Also from smelling Eau Sauvage I can only assume that the majority of woman recommending Eau Sauvage are mature.

Anyway, the first fragrances that pop in my head that "chick's dig" are Angel Man, L'Eau D'Issey and Pi. But personally, I myself am not a very big fan of either of these three. Even if there was a time these were the best I ever smelled, my sense of taste evolved and now I'm finding myself hooked by Musc Ravageur, Ambre Sultan and Mure et Musc.

So now I have the dillemma of the biggest known scents to be appriciated by woman, are not falling into my own personal taste anymore (I feel A* Man, D'Issey and Pi are much too synthetic to name a few)

And the second dillema is that I actually like Eau Sauvauge very much and am considering buying a bottle of it (next to Musc Ravageur), but I'm doubting if my female peers (age 18-25) would appreciate it just as much.
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough, yet sorta' predictable. Many females like Body Kouros and has been proven as a great Night time fragrance! Though buddy It all depends on The sort of woman. Haha, though dude If She's an aficionado then....I say rip out the big boys..Kouros, Rive Gauche,Azzaro,Polo Green, Havana, Aramis. Go Crazy!

Cheers and good luck!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    Your (apparently) intrepid indie perfumer Michael Storer here...

This subject is infinitely fascinating to me, for it lies at the crux of perfumery, IMHO.
    Why some women find being queried about what sorts of aromas "turns them on" offensive, whereas I believe men rarely do, is some kind of sexual dichotomy I don't grasp. I'm only taking this from the statement above, mind you.
    Regardless of gender, every human who has a healthy sex drive is curious to know what "works" and what is a waste of time. Let the sexism go, whoever you souls are who find this a bother. It's a known fact that fantasizing about sex takes up of a lot of time with BOTH genders, whether admitted or not.
    I've designed a fragrance for men which captures some of the virile elements described by many women and some men who love the smell of men as attractive. However, I don't think I or anyone else has the entire story.
    Men and women present distinct blends of their bodies' sex steroid hormone breakdown products on their skin and especially in their secondary hair, which is nature's way of wicking them off of ourselves and into the noses of those in our proximity. These odorants, or in some cases, "unsmellable" odorants, give the receiver information about the sexual maturity, testosterone , estrogen and likely progesterone levels as well as, it seems now, the state of ovulation, in the case of women.
    These basic aromatic morsels of information were apparently sufficient for more primitive creatures to track down and engage a mate. However, as we developed bigger brains, we found other even more useful means for making unconscious decisions about what we found sexually hot. I'm talking about compatible personality traits, perception of honesty, strength of character, responsibility, suitability for parenthood, and so forth.

There is yet another factor which is highly relevant for the betterment of our species which I believe our biology has managed to utilize as a turn "on" or "off" switch for perceived desirability. Histiocomplimentation. I coin this word because histiocompatibility actually refers to the degree of allele sameness. But we don't (typically) find close allele relatives an irresistible "turn-on" the way we do with certain other individuals for inexplicable reasons.
    Genetically speaking, a species fares far better in the long haul with a larger gene pool rather than a small or dwindling one. It's in Mother Nature's best interest for us to be drawn to individuals who "smell different", as, for example, a Swede is often attracted to an Italian, –to skin which smells one way to be attracted to certain oils which smell differently. These are subtle chemical cues which go far beyond but are combined with the several steroid components we wick off via our secondary hair –a reason one should leave it intact instead of razoring smooth like a prepubescent. I digress and surely will raise someone's itchy stubble with that intimate statement. Do what you will, but it's meant to serve you erotically and not be merely an inconvenience or ape-man vestige.

The upshot IMHO, is that the variants of unique signature aroma each of our bodies produces are so diverse that attempting to capture them in a row of spray bottles would prove to be a massive feat.
    Not to mention the fact that we could easily find ourselves espoused to a goose instead of a rabbit, just because our object of pursuit had been aromatically disguised as something he or she was not.
    Once the knot had been secured and the charade had grown tiresome, we'd suddenly find ourself bound at the hip with a horse of a different color and not at all with what we thought we had wooed.
    How wonderful to have a perfumer chime in. Thank you for saying it all so well. Your comments about hair, odor and skin really resonate with me. I posted in another thread once about bringing back the hairy chest.....mmmm. Brings to mind Napoleon's urgent message to Josephine: "Will return to Paris tomorrow evening. Don't wash."

Also, if either a man or a woman is wearing so much perfume that you can't smell their skin....I was laughing at your comments about a horse of a different colour. I want to smell some skin- isn't what we really love about perfume is how it smells different on each person (haha the good ones do anyways ) and how each scent meshes with our own personal smell / chemistry. If I find someone sexy I want to smell all of them, not just the parts spritzed with cologne.

But, that said, I do keep going to back to Kouros

Default Re: Ladies...

Actually, smell is one of the best ways to get close to someone and evaluate them as a mate. And in this day and age, most of us smell like perfumes and colognes. Some nice ones for men are Givenchy Blue Label, Realm, even David Beckham's new one. There are many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My favourite scents on a man are as follows;

- Cool Water by Davidoff (a good old classic, which to my nose is crisp and sexy).
    - Intense Instinct by Beckham (surprisingly not as cheap smelling as some would think).
    - Yatagan by Caron (certainly one for someone of an acquired taste. Very much like a pine forest type scent. Animalistic).
    - Joop! Jump by Joop! (fresh and sexy).
    - Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier (sweet yet masculine).
    - Escape by Calvin Klein (smells like the ocean to me).
    - Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels (rich and chocolatey).
    - Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler (crisp and Summery citrus).
    - CK Be by Calvin Klein (clean and rubbery).
    - Allure by Chanel (nothing like it! Earthy and masculine).
    - Eternity by Calvin Klein (the scent of an ex that once was my favourite cologne).

I also love Joop! Homme, however only on myself. I find it too sweet on a man.

I'm a guy, but I must say on the opposite note of this thread -

I'm a sucker for vanilla & rose type scents. I'm new and cant quite put my finger on it - not something edible vanilla... just a light vanilla flower type smell... (this is probably the reason I have the mens colonges that I own)

It wont overpower my better judgement, but can bend me away from my usual taste in the opposite sex, easily. Smell is huge for me. Apparently that is strange for men (according to here) but a woman with an overall fragrance (hair, skin) is a HUGE attraction, and not really physically... I take a much deeper interest in initial interaction.
    Last edited by warrior504th; 12th January 2010 at 04:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Don' ask me why, i really do not know, but Ralph Lauren Polo (original in green bottle) just makes me an animal. Since the first time i smelt it, up to this day, it just makes me think frisky thoughts; even when the wearer is not one would normally think those types of thoughts about. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Polo green is an amazing scent! for me it's entirely smooth with beautiful chypres and a pensive tobacco note!

Have been digging it ever since my first whiff!

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Need women advices to choose

Hello,

I'am looking for a romantic frag, classy and that women love. I hesit a lot between kenzo power and hane mori HM edp. Maybe you could help me to choose.

Thanks

Default Re: Need women advices to choose

nobody can help me ?

Post Thanks / Like

of those two, Hanae Mori would be my pick. I think women's taste in cologne is pretty varied. I think everyone here has their own favorites. There are two whole threads on this that you may want to check out one at the top of the Men's fragrance discussion and one in the Female fragrance discussion:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/189...blah-blah-blah

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

It's a question that gets asked by lots of new members.

Thak you Jacona

Yes but this kind of post can't help me because everybody say a different frag, so it is to hard to make a good idea. I have smelled lot of scent, and these two are my favorite, so I will choose between one of two, but I don't know wich ...

Why do you prefer hm over power ?

Rally hard for a neophyte like me to choose his frag lol

Post Thanks / Like

I like oriental fragrances, but I also like sweetness like vanilla or other gourmand notes. Power is more floral which I think can be nice on men as well. If you like both and can afford getting two, get both. lol I don't think you'll find many here that have just one fragrance. I have a scent for pretty much every mood, season, occasion, weather pattern, etc. I think signature scents are great in theory because people always associate a certain scent with you, but I personally prefer variety. Depending on the weather where you live, you could pick the HM for fall/winter and Power for spring/summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to Eau Sauvage!

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

I love vintage Givenchy Insensé on hubby... He has an "almost" full bottle still...

Eau Sauvage - perfection
    Close runners-up:
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Armani Pour Homme
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    okay we all know that there are a thousand things that girls like besides fragrance. But he's asking what fragrances they like. Let's not try and sound like we created woman and we're reading out of page 17 of the manual we wrote for them. Of course they like confidence and money and whatever you want to say. But he was asking about fragrance.
    amen
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, very simple and straight forward. For the gals in your age range.

1. Givenchy Pi
    2. Rochas Man
    3. Acqua Di Gio

Just be aware that every other guy you run into will probably be wearing one of these too.

Alternatives that are less popular ( but still just as good! )

1. Victoria's Secret Very Sexy For Him ( can that many super models all be wrong?)
    2. Lucky You For Him ( Lucky Brand)
    3. CK One ( Calvin Klein)

If you are feeling a little brave and find the above choices too safe or boring...

1. Bvlgari Black
    2. Obsession Men
    3. A*Men

And finally on your 21st birthday...

YATAGAN. Go buy a bottle. Break the top off. Douse yourself. Inhale deeply. Welcome to manhood, my friend!!!

They mostly prefer the smell of green scents, which can be acquired at your nearest bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Fellas, please see the top thread in the forum instead of this old, resurrected post.

Can a mod lock this?

i went to jcpenny and there was a cute girl behind the counter, i asked her what's interesting and she showed me Usher for men. said she liked it, i dunno im sure most younger girls like whats popular or celebrity/designer. im ok with that as long as i like the frag.

The scent of the man (sans "artificial" scent) is what attracts me, so the question is moot.

As a nontrad female (who loves wearing men's scents) I'd say there is much variation in what attracts the "girls."

...just sayin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Don' ask me why, i really do not know, but Ralph Lauren Polo (original in green bottle) just makes me an animal. Since the first time i smelt it, up to this day, it just makes me think frisky thoughts; even when the wearer is not one would normally think those types of thoughts about. Grrrrrrrrr.
    The right perfume on a woman can make me think dirty thoughts, even if I have never thought about her like that before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    I like the smell of outdoor sweat. Sweating in gyms smells differently on a man. I also like base notes like sandalwood, tonka and a touch of patchouli, but other scents are nice, too. I just have to smell them on the guy himself to know for sure.
    It's interesting that the "outdoor sweat" or " fresh sweat " has been brought up a number of times.
    Yet many perfumistas on the forum say they dislike the aquatics. There was a thread on that.
    However, apparently many like Many like citrus, eg; Eau Sauvage.
    Does ES smell more like fresh sweat than say, Creed SMW?

This is a tough koan . . .
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    It's interesting that the "outdoor sweat" or " fresh sweat " has been brought up a number of times.
    Yet many perfumistas on the forum say they dislike the aquatics. There was a thread on that.
    However, apparently many like Many like citrus, eg; Eau Sauvage.
    Does ES smell more like fresh sweat than say, Creed SMW?

This is a tough koan . . .
    The old Zen answer to almost any such question, revised slightly: "Who is it who does the smelling"? once again points us to the 'answer' in this reality
    Last edited by kbe; 31st January 2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Fcuk ,D&G, Polo,Kouros, Cool Water but would love an answer to Fcuk and what anyone else thinks cause have not seen it mentioned and surprised. DD

Loved Cool Water on one guy, but I think the main attraction was that he was a Tom Cruise (back when he was handsome and not just odd)-lookalike. Spicy, leathery, tobacco, smoke/tar scents are very, very attractive to me on a man.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience women like the same fragrances as men. Sexy is a beautiful smell on the right person.

Post Thanks / Like

Women love Fleur du Male on me. My body chemistry knocks the orange blossoms into the background within an hour. It ends up smelling like baby powder with a flower whispering in the background. I know women who hate Fleur du Male when I first spray it, but if they meet me later they say "wow, you smell good". lol I don't tell them it's the bottle they hate.

Last edited by Spray; 23rd February 2010 at 06:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that I bump this thread so late, but I guess it would be interesting to see and even to quantify the difference between what do ladies (no offense intended) in general like and what do the ladies of Basenotes like, of course, just solely for research purposes and for argument's sake, in order to notice, most likely, significant and fascinating differences from the mainstream