Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Red face need ladies advice

i have been dating this girl awhile and I like her very much...i have not heard her ever exclaim that she likes any thing that i wear, but i have never heard her complain either. I always think she smells wonderful, but i was wondering if there are any frags that your husbands or boyfriends wear that you just cant get enough of? I know there will be varying answers on this, but any help is greatly appreciated....i asked the guys too, but i would rather a womans perspective since im dating a woman! I realize there is a sticky on a similar topic, but i wanted some more personal responses as to my particular issue. Thank you.

Bashfully,
    Nick
    Last edited by jdnba; 14th December 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Default Re: need ladies advice

My husband wears SL Rousse, Gucci Pour Homme II, Dunhill, Cool Water (though not so much in recent years) and one of the Beckham fragrances...can't remember the name of that one. Of them all, the one I notice the most and really love to smell on him is Rousse. I wear it too sometimes.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Blog Entries

Default Re: need ladies advice

I know most guys try to avoid this, but take her cologne shopping with you. Taking a women shopping is asking for it I know, but at least you will get your opinion.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: I need your help ladies..(17 year old)

MONK... a warm winter gothic incensy eau de parfum.
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Default Re: I need your help ladies..(17 year old)

Already mentioned, but yeah, Givenchy's Pi is supposedly a ladykiller
    Last edited by bernat; 15th December 2007 at 01:43 AM.

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Pi by Givenchy
    *Vintage Perfume Bottle Identification & Appraisal Services Available.
    **Author of over 250 eBay guides on vintage perfumes & vanity accessories.
    **Proud member of the International Perfume Bottle Association

I know this has probably been mentioned several times, but <i>all</i> of the girls I know go absolutely crazy for VERY SEXY FOR HIM - VICTORIA'S SECRET

Of course, A&F'S FIERCE is also a huge hit. They may not be 'quality' fragrances as some might say, but if you're looking for a uhm, blast, I highly recommend these.

COOL WATER by DAVIDOFF . . . a possible choice as well.

The escada brand scent and perfume i like most to wear. bcoz in this brand number of varieties for wearing in day, evening and in special ocasions.

Lightbulb Scents that women love

Sorry, I just saw gunslingers post.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 30th December 2007 at 04:36 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scents that women love

Welcome to our side. If you look at the top of our page there is thread that will let you know all you need to know about what we like It's the very 1st thread.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I recently got my boyfriend his very first Cologne. It is Guess Man, which I believe has been discontinued now? (that's why I had such a hell of a time finding it!) I've owned the female version of Guess (juice is a purple/pink colour) and I love it + it's the only one he has ever complimented me on. I smelt Guess Man and was in LOVE!! And I just love it on him too! It's a great, fresh scent and can be subtle or strong depending on how much is sprayed on. Guess Man is definitely my turn on men's cologne.

Yatagan by Caron
    Fahrenheit by Dior
    Jules by Dior (I even like to wear this one)

Lol, I've only read the first two pages, but I see all these women complaining about it not being the scent but being the person, but on many a time, i've had girls that I really don't know, come up to me and start a conversation with me about what i'm wearing (Fragrance-wise, lol)

But, I do agree with a lot of you, there isn't a certain scent, everything smells different to everyone, what is ones nose candy, is another's nasal horror (especially in the case of certain fragrances *cough* Issey Miyake *cough* ) Just try something different, and it's sure to get attention !

The two greatest loves of my life (one I married, one I didn't) both adored Armani Eau Pour Homme. The problem with that for me is that their ex-boyfriends wore it, so I refused to wear it. (The fact that I don't really like it didn't help.)

Givenchy Pi is divine. Also Old Spice. (I know, I know...) I just can't get enough of catching a whiff of Old Spice on a man.

Quote Originally Posted by hallospacegirl View Post
    Givenchy Pi is divine. Also Old Spice. (I know, I know...) I just can't get enough of catching a whiff of Old Spice on a man.
    Old Spice is a very nice scent...it is the quintessential mens fragrance. I like it also.

I like Burberry London on my husband. It is manly, refined and ...very anglo.

it would have to be Chez Bond for me by Bond No. 9- i smelt it on my boss last month and bought it for him for valentines day .. can't wait!

I love:-

Givenchy Very Irresistible:- the dry down on it is divine!
    Rive gauche
    YSL L'homme
    Dior Homme
    Issey Miyake's L’eau Bleue D’issey
    Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir Cologne:- My favorite! It is absolutely gorgeous!

I also love Old Spice! My dad wears this one very well! I don't think everyone can pull that one off though.

I've yet to smell any of the niche fragrances - but I will be going with dh soon to sniff out the Creed's etc!

Ladies, thank you for putting in your two cents worth all over this thread, there are some great insights here...

the best one being "it's not the scent, it's the man..."

Gentlemen, you have asked the wrong questions in these threads...

the scent that chicks dig/females love/ blah blah blah...

is the wrong one to wear...

I'd be willing to bet a decant of anything in my wardrobe that you can't find a woman on this board that had her mind made up sexually about a guy because of the frag he was wearing,

I'd also bet that almost any woman here isn't totally turned on by a guy who exudes power, mastery of himself and the confidence that accompanies these things.

Get a scent that makes YOU feel on top of the world. As long as it's not something that stinks so bad that it drives her off, it will likely be just fine.

There is no universal scent that will make women flock to you. What WILL make women flock to you is when you radiate confidence. THAT is the universal aphrodisiac.

If you can't walk into a room carrying yourself with the authority of someone any woman would want to be with, they're never going to get close enough to you to wonder what smells so good anyhow...

Wear the frag that makes your spine a little straighter and makes you hold your chin a bit higher and that's the one that'll work for you.

Thumbs up Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Zino Davidoff
    Dave here.

I love Pi by Givenchy.

Bulgari Black...I love this one, it 'gets me' everytime my husband wears it!

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. A male friend of mine at work was wearing something that I think was called Giacomo de Giacomo? Is there such a scent? It was light, clean, sort of evergreenish...I am very unfamiliar with men's fragrances, but that was nice. Overbearing scents are actually a turn off to me, whether it be on men OR women.
    could be Jacomo de Jacomo

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    I'd be willing to bet a decant of anything in my wardrobe that you can't find a woman on this board that had her mind made up sexually about a guy because of the frag he was wearing,

I'd also bet that almost any woman here isn't totally turned on by a guy who exudes power, mastery of himself and the confidence that accompanies these things.

Get a scent that makes YOU feel on top of the world. As long as it's not something that stinks so bad that it drives her off, it will likely be just fine.

There is no universal scent that will make women flock to you. What WILL make women flock to you is when you radiate confidence. THAT is the universal aphrodisiac.

If you can't walk into a room carrying yourself with the authority of someone any woman would want to be with, they're never going to get close enough to you to wonder what smells so good anyhow...

Wear the frag that makes your spine a little straighter and makes you hold your chin a bit higher and that's the one that'll work for you.
    Now there you go being reasonable. Unless you're going to tell me about a magic elixir that will get Tina Fey to instantly fall in love with me, I don't to hear any advice that would require effort on my part. (Tina, if you're listening, please return my calls!)

This (thaifighter's words, not my unnecessary Tina rant) should probably be moved to the front page of this thread and copied and pasted on to any future inquiries about what women like or how to attract or get women. And possibly pm'd to every male who joins basenotes, just to cut down on some of the repeat questions.

Strange how advice that is so basic and obvious isn't obvious to everyone.

Cool Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Only Tina Fey?
    Well, I admire monogamous men, though I'll never understand them.
    Logic indeed. Of course women are attracted by the confidence we exude!
    Ya bunch of wimps!
    Reverse the situation.
    Think of what turns US on in women when we first meet them; is it merely their scent? Of course not!
    Ye shallow ones.
    It's their nubility, their curves, their legs, their hair, their bedroom eyes, their sultry siren voice, the way they carry themselves as they saunter lasciviously towards -----um---.never mind.

And what's all is this about: " I really like it when my husband wears x "?
    Who cares??
    We want to know what would make you cheat on your husband!!
    For crying out loud! Don't you know anything about men?
    ---
    BTW in case you haven't checked. there's a new thread now on the men's forums entitled:
    " Which scent gets you the most female compliments? "
    Not quite as many responses as this thread--yet; but we're getting there.
    Omnia Vanitas ( or is it omnia clueless?)
    Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the fairest of them all?
    -------
    I propose we merge both threads. We need to understand each other better
    Or at least have a good laugh . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 6th April 2008 at 09:24 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    Zino Davidoff
    I wholeheartedly agree ;-)

Thumbs up Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I propose we merge both threads. We need to understand each other better
    Or at least have a good laugh . . .
    I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Only Tina Fey?

We want to know what would make you cheat on your husband!!

Cheers,

Mario
    It probably Very Irresistible for men from Givenchy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Fresh sweat.

I don't think it's been bottled.
    agree.