Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

I personally love the smell of 212 MEN. It is very masculine, but it's not overwhelming. You can't go wrong with 212.

Something I like to smell on men is 212 MEN brand. It really appeals to me.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 11th May 2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: same thing twice

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

For me, the sexiest fragrances for men are Armani Mania and Rush from Gucci.

Joop Homme...I love it when my hubby wears it !!!

For me, a good smelling guy is attractive in it's own right-- Ralph Lauren Black and Bond No. 9 Wall Street

I loooooooooove Aqua di Gio on my man...

I love 212 Men, John Varvatos, Issey Miyake, JPG Le Male, Gendarme, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin

Guerlain's Vetiver is my fave fragrance on a man. it's never 'wrong.'

Old Spice without question- and only enough on that you have to be close to smell it. or Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina mmm clean manliness.

Blog Entries

I asked my wife which scent smelled best on me. Her answer:

Mouthwash!

I fished for a different answer. I got one:

Brush your teeth!

I kind of gave up at that point.

Default Girls Need Your Help

Ok
    im pretty new to this
    from the uk and a student...i went to my local boots store and tested out a few perfumes

Joop Go
    Joop Jump
    Sean John - Unforgivable
    Burberry Touch
    they all seemed really nice but I really liked burberry touch and unforgivable, but i need your opinions

now i dont know which one to choose

for the girls... which one of these would really intrigue you and basically push your buttons

lukin forward to your opinions and replies

Chrome! I don't know what it is, but I adore this scent on every guy, it just works for me. Though I had one ex who wore Roma and Jill Sanders sun (alternating of course) and I never smelled anyone who smelled better..

I don´t know much about malescents, but I do think that a scent, that fits to a mans personality can make him more appealing. It would have to be spicy, warm (not sweet), and a little freeminded and very
    masculine at the same time.
    Try Oriental Fougeres!

Here's the deal,

The hunt for the "perfect" perfume is all about finding your signature fragrance or in rare cases; fragrances. I'm confident in that there is one out there that fits you better than any other, and it's up to you to find it. When you reach your goal, you won't be asking any questions anymore, similar to when you fall in love. Maybe it seems a bit too romantic, but after all; scents stimulates our senses and beauty in all it's differnet shapes should never be underestimated.

The journey demands an open mind and a good attunement and understanding of your personality. Easy as it might seem on the paper it's harder to pull off in reality. The reason for that is the fact that we are constantly giving others opinions far more credit than we give our own. You do wise in asking others, but when it comes down to it you have to value your own taste and more than often agree to disagree.

There is no one easier to tell than a person who desperatly seeks attention from the other or the same sex, whether he or she uses flashy colognes, fast sportcars, expensive clothes, giganticly sized jewerly etc. And there is no one more delightful than a person who knows himself. These things always shines through and it's a joy everytime I meet someone who emits self confidence with a touch of humbleness.
    Last edited by Noalick; 11th July 2008 at 07:54 PM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

My wife buys me Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor. She LOVES this scent. I get one every year plus the deodorant.

Gucci Pour Homme (the original)
    Gucci Rush
    Burberry Touch (so for the poster above, obviously Touch gets my vote )

Truthfully, though, I think the way my boyfriend smells without any scent on at all is best. When he goes away I insist he leaves me an unwashed t-shirt to sniff. And I don't know a lot about male fragrances so the list above is composed of my favourites from the not-very-large total I've ever smelled.

Also, Thaifighter is right.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Question LADIES, can we ask you something?

This is an open call to female readers to tell us men what you like. How do you want your man to smell? What's too 'out there'? What's downright sexy? What would make you ask a strange man what he's wearing?

Also, how much is too much? How close do you want to be to a man before you smell him?

Guys, what do your wives, girlfriends, coworkers, and other women respond to on you? What do they hate?

We have an ongoing, "What scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread, but I'd really like to hear from the women themselves what they think.

Default Re: LADIES, can we ask you something?

Oh, here we go again .

Red face Re: LADIES, can we ask you something?

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Oh, here we go again .
    Uh oh. Was this a bad idea? I went searching to see if anyone had done a thread like this before, but it's always tough to find the proper search terms when there's so many different ways to phrase this question.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    We have an ongoing, "What scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread, but I'd really like to hear from the women themselves what they think.
    The ladies have a board of their own. You probably reach most of them there. In the past I did when I wanted to receive replies from the girls in particular.
    Last edited by narcus; 27th July 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    The ladies have a board of their own. You probably reach most of them there.
    Yes, but this is intended to be a discussion of male fragrances.

Yes, we have been asked that many times, but what the hell...... my very favorite, make me go weak in the knees scents on my hubby are Chanel Antaeus and Egoiste. Other than that during the day he wears Aveda Pure-Fume Tonic which just smells clean and nice. I do appreciate when I smell fragrance on other men as long as it is not overbearing. Sometimes my Husband wears my TDC Bois d'Iris and it smells great on him also.

One of the many things I appreciate about BaseNotes is how accepting its members are. I've not been here that long, but when I first got here I was asking a lot of "here we go again" questions ("What's decanting?") and kind souls took the time to accommodate me.

You're going to get lots of different opinions - here's mine:

"How do you want your man to smell? - #1 = Fresh sweat. #2 = Eau Sauvage #3 = Canoe #4 = 4711 #5 = Bay Rum #6 = Royal Copenhagen (These are all from The Men I Have Loved in My Extensive Past.

"What would make you ask a strange man what he's wearing?" If I knew, I wouldn't ask!!

"What's downright sexy?" What's wearing the frag.

I wear a lot of different men's frags myself and wouldn't mind any of them on any guy: Montana Parfum Pour Homme; Azzaro Pour Homme; Live Jazz; Havana; Tabarome Milliseme.

On the other side of this particular coin, some scents that are faves of the guys - M7, Egoiste, Third Man - just don't work on me but I haven't smelled them (or any of the others) on a guy....I am a discriminating Widow Lady (although my son does wear Eau Sauvage and it is divine on him.) Must be a Y chromosome thing.

"What do they hate?" Stale sweat. Insincerity.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 27th July 2008 at 08:26 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189708
    In fact, I bet this thread will be added to that thread.
    Last edited by irish; 27th July 2008 at 09:13 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ... Must be a Y chromosome thing.
    That emoticon is the most fascinating and disturbing thing I've seen all day. I may have trouble sleeping tonight.

How do you want your man to smell? It's him that I want to smell first, not his fragrance. I like fragrances which beautifully enhance your natural odour.

What's downright sexy? Equipage, Le Mouchoir de Monsieur, Habit Rouge, Chypre, Jicky, English Fern, Pour un Homme, Racquets, Elite, Eau Sauvage and, why not, Dioressence or Vol de Nuit.

In winter, I like hot and sweet ambery notes (Ambre Sultan, Or des Indes), rose/geranium bourbon (Hammam Bouquet, Nahema ... yes) and sandalwood (Musk from Villoresi).

What would make you ask a strange man what he's wearing? When the fragrance and his skin match perfectly. Sometimes, I just can't resist ... It happened to me several times.

Also, how much is too much? It depends on the fragrance and on his complexion ... I don't like strong scents onto blond hair men, I don't know why.
    How close do you want to be to a man before you smell him? 1m50 to catch up with one note. Less than 1m to really appreciate.

What do you hate? when the frag does not match his look or his personnality. When the scent is covering his own smell.
    Last edited by Night; 15th August 2008 at 06:31 AM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

For me, it depends on the man. For the most part I agree with the others: good hygiene, natural scent, and matching the fragrance with the personality, mood/event, and weather.

I can tell you one thing that is a turnoff--major sillage, especially if it is a heavy oriental in warm weather. It is really repellent for me. I agree with Night--less than 1.5 m to catch a whiff, and less than 1 m to smell the fragrance more fully.

Generally, I like classics: traditional colognes, leather, musk and sandalwood scents. Very woody scents are not very appealing to me (example, Terre d'Hermes smells heavily of cedar to me--and can be a bit of a stomach turner in large doses).

It's definitely the man. But a BAD or overwhelming scent can be his ruiin, to some extent.

Specifically, on a personal note I've always gone weak for a very delicate application of Gentleman Givenchy (seriously, a delicate application--watered down as aftershave even--it's potent but very sexy), and Musc Ravageur. Too much is definitely Too Much. I believe sillage should be close in any men's fragrance, otherwise, it feels like the guy's trying too hard.

Good luck!

Obsession Night cK
    Gucci Rush

I have happy thoughts every time the men that wear those pass by.
    It definately is a combination, how the smell mixes and the attitude of the person.
    I mean, sure, anyone can dab on cologne, but not everyone can pull it off.

Default Re: Ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by dayna View Post
    Chanel Allure Pour Homme
    Seconded! Plus Pour Un Homme and, above all, Eau de Freshly Showered Bod!

Blog Entries

It's been my experience that when I'm wearing the following, my lady friends like them: And I'm just an average looking bloke

FM Musc Ravager
    Montale Black Aoud & Aoud Damascus
    Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan
    YSL M7
    Givenchy Pi
    Annayake Miyako
    Ormonde Jayne Ta'if
    Creed Milliseme Imperial
    Last edited by silverbullet; 6th August 2008 at 09:11 PM.