Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

Interesting thoughts Hammy. The sense of smell is so primal! Maybe we need to pay more attention the people who smell really great to us. I can think of two dating instances where I just hated the guy's choice of fragrance & yep, we were very different people in the end.

No proven theories here...just an interesting thought.

Default which ? M7 or Pure Havane ?

hi
    which perfume 1- have better projection ? 2 - which scent female love it ?
    tnx

Basenotes Member

Default question

If there were one or two female fragrances that you would LOVE to smell on a man, what would they be?
    Last edited by smellgood28; 16th August 2012 at 12:41 PM.

queen of the universe

Default Re: question

Shalimar
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I love Shalimar and hermes orange vert on a man but I would like to smell l'Aritisan VDR and Creed Ambre Canelle... maybe someday?

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. Asja by Fendi seems like it was created for a certain kind of subtly well-dressed, intelligent man. A great oriental for unisex wear, less obvious than Opium (but I like that feminine on confident men too).
    2. Bandit!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so thinking of how vague and bland a description "well-dressed, intelligent man" was, I googled the phrase, found this:

No Asja or Bandit for him--he's too cuddly, but sounds like his lady has both.

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    1. Asja by Fendi seems like it was created for a certain kind of subtly well-dressed, intelligent man. A great oriental for unisex wear, less obvious than Opium (but I like that feminine on confident men too).
    2. Bandit!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so thinking of how vague and bland a description "well-dressed, intelligent man" was, I googled the phrase, found this:

No Asja or Bandit for him--he's too cuddly, but sounds like his lady has both.
    love bandit! i sampled it several times but always passed buying a fb because i have so many leathers that i love. ok, looking/googling for asja right now!..

Burberry Brit and Mitsuoko.
    Last edited by Alvus; 16th August 2012 at 07:22 AM.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    love bandit! i sampled it several times but always passed buying a fb because i have so many leathers that i love. ok, looking/googling for asja right now!..
    Well, Asja is not an insta-wower. More of one that becomes nice through familiarization. But I'm wearing Asja right now, and it does seem like a cuddly, sweeter guy could pull it off, sorry to have doubted ya, Ryan Gosling, hey boy!

*sniff* hmm:

Currently smelling from Asja edp one hour in:
    Soft oriental--verging on floriental/classic non-girly floral, dry fruits/honey/light pipesmoke that comes and goes, and mostly a clove/carnation drying down to the oriental genre's version of a skin scent. It's a little potpourri or winelike and certainly wintery. It gets described as similar to Serge Lutens Arabie, which I can see, but that one is harsh while Asja is strong but whispery and not as daring as Arabie.

Most are either really into the bottle and presentation of Asja or really repulsed by it. Its look seems like a riff on the extremity of "orientalism" in perfume history, kind of old Hollywood fine line between costumey silliness and elegance. For any more masculine type who would care to wear it, the spray edt (or rarer large spray edp) in the gold and black wood-like ricebowl bottle would probably smell more like a men's scent applied lightly. But if one is the type of guy who will wear edp (really this edp is difficult to apply from the tiny black flacon): best to avoid the mini black flacon edp that has black and gold stripes on the sextagonal box. Those were a promo batch, and mine had gone off due to the bad packaging and now smells weakly of soap. The plain no stripes red and black edp box with the same little black flacon inside smells better due to the packaging fitting better, likely. Those minis with the black rather than red caps seem best! Fendi's packaging was a bit inconsistent and confusing, but that's all perfume I guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    Well, Asja is not an insta-wower. More of one that becomes nice through familiarization. But I'm wearing Asja right now, and it does seem like a cuddly, sweeter guy could pull it off, sorry to have doubted ya, Ryan Gosling, hey boy!

*sniff* hmm:

Currently smelling from Asja edp one hour in:
    Soft oriental--verging on floriental/classic non-girly floral, dry fruits/honey/light pipesmoke that comes and goes, and mostly a clove/carnation drying down to the oriental genre's version of a skin scent. It's a little potpourri or winelike and certainly wintery. It gets described as similar to Serge Lutens Arabie, which I can see, but that one is harsh while Asja is strong but whispery and not as daring as Arabie.

Most are either really into the bottle and presentation of Asja or really repulsed by it. Its look seems like a riff on the extremity of "orientalism" in perfume history, kind of old Hollywood fine line between costumey silliness and elegance. For any more masculine type who would care to wear it, the spray edt (or rarer large spray edp) in the gold and black wood-like ricebowl bottle would probably smell more like a men's scent applied lightly. But if one is the type of guy who will wear edp (really this edp is difficult to apply from the tiny black flacon): best to avoid the mini black flacon edp that has black and gold stripes on the sextagonal box. Those were a promo batch, and mine had gone off due to the bad packaging and now smells weakly of soap. The plain no stripes red and black edp box with the same little black flacon inside smells better due to the packaging fitting better, likely. Those minis with the black rather than red caps seem best! Fendi's packaging was a bit inconsistent and confusing, but that's all perfume I guess ...
    cool intro to a line that i usually overlook. trying (scratching my head) to remember if i ever owned or even smelled a fendi perfume and the answer is no (for men). for women, the only one i've tried (and actually bought for my mom, back in the late 80's or early 90's) was the original fendi in the tall, rectangular bottle with black, round at the top cap. the only memory i have of it was being very 'winey' (as in 'wine like'), reminding me of a very rich, strong, opulent and spicy sonoma valley or napa valley pinot noir or zinfandel (don't know why, don't ask me). if anything, this is based on very vague memories, i would compare it to the versace l'homme vintage (the bottle with small letters, not capital letters).
    Last edited by danny1967; 16th August 2012 at 12:41 PM.

[B]Bal a Versailles[B]. And yes, Shalimar.

Basenotes Member

Like anomie et ivoire was saying, it would depend on the type of guy. The guy I'm refering to is the sweet tall man type.

Blog Entries

Fille D'Eve, Habanita, Bal A Versailles, En Avion, Tabac Blond

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

L'Heure Bleue or Bal a Versailles because I think they might be harder for a man to pull off. and though not as daring as BaV or LHB I could totally see a man in Vintage Antilope by Weil,

Though in a recent interview it has been said that my future husband prefers to go scentless,[I can fix that] though I spend hours dreaming up what delightful things I'd like to spray on him. I think he'd be so sexy in a really spicy,leathery, floral.
    Last edited by Beauxbatons13; 16th August 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

many, including Bandit, Tubereuse Criminelle, Sous Le Vent, Jolie Madame, Tabac Blond, En Evion, Vol De Nuit...many....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Parfum Sacre and women's Obsession.

My eldest son wears Shalimar. The chypre loveliness of Mitsouko would be outstanding on a confident man. I'm looking forward to smelling Brad Pitt in No 5. A boyfriend from my late teens/early 20s smelt fabulous in original Rochas Femme. Diorella is interchangeable with Eau Sauvage.

Musc Ravageur. No contest.

T.F. Tobacco Vanille.
    Amouage, Reflection.
    No, I am not black, yes, I am African.

Default M7 or Pure Havane or La Nuit Le Parfum ?

hi
    the girl love scent ? pure havane ? m7 ? la nuit perfume ?
    tnx

Default Excuse me ladies...

I know a womens taste in fragrances can differ from there male counterparts. So what would you like the man in your life to wear?? How would you want your man to smell? Include scents for each occassion...summer, winter, day and evening.

Thanks

Default Re: Excuse me ladies...

i do like the gender bending so
    for sure nothing too butch, or aquatic
    in general i like warm things oudth , chypres but for men sure also flowers and some sweetness ,a bit animalic can (civet yes! )(but usually i prefer this more in women s perfume )but all depends on the total
    my real favorite has vetiver, oakmoss,, lavender ivy and patchouli and amber it s very summery and put s me instantely in a good mood

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?
    lmao - funniest theory of the day award goes to...

Blog Entries

my favourites on a man:
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Uomo? De Moschino.
    Dior Homme Intense

Default Ladies, please help me choose ONE fragrance(male)

Hello girls, I'm a 25 guy and I want to know your opinions on three fragrances.
    I've sampled a lot and narrowed it down to only three I would like to have as my signature, just choose the one that makes you weak on the knees (or if you dislike them all, please say so too):

1. Carolina Herrera - 212 Men
    1332738196_334718712_1-Fotos-de--PERFUMES-CAROLINA-HERRERA-ORIGINAIS-LACRADOS-.jpg

2. Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce
    bigPhoto_0.jpg
    PS.: FIERCE is not popular at all where I live(no A&F stores in my country), so judge it only by the smell

3. Chanel - Allure Homme Sport
    perfume-allure-homme-sport-100ml-chanel-original_MLB-O-178849932_5817.jpg

All three are very versatile in my opinion, and I could wear them all year.
    Please, let me know which one is the best smell and compliment getter!

Default Re: Ladies, please help me choose ONE fragrance(male)

My choice is easy: Carolina Herrera 212 Men. Wonderful fragrance. Attractive, versatile and not very common. Good all around.

Abercrombie&Fitch - IMO is generic, nothing special. Many folks like it.....but, very common. Not a bad thing, just...rather blah.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Why not just Allure? I've smelled Allure on a few men and it smells divine!. Allure Sport, not so much.

That's my opinion, since you asked.

Default Re: Ladies, please help me choose ONE fragrance(male)

Thanks Lorien! Yes, I want sincere opinions like yours lol
    Keep them coming girls, please

EDIT:
    Oh, and about the original Allure...I don't know, I didn't care much for it. Not that appealing to me and I had the feeling that sometimes it's too strong.
    I liked the sport version better.
    Last edited by Rod; 5th September 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Default Re: M7 or Pure Havane or La Nuit Le Parfum ?

TNX
    my choice is La Nuit Le Parfum.

Default What do women like to smell on a 30-40 something man? (Male fragrances)

So there has been plenty of discussion of this on the male frag boards... but I thought I would take it to the source. Ladies, what fragrances do you ladies like to smell on a 30-40 something man and why?

I guess the reason I ask is that there is clearly a diverse age range on the boards and as professional 36 year old man I was curious. I definitely feel like some fragrances are more appealing to a younger crowd just like there are some 80s powerhouses that I feel "old mannish" for a lack of a better term (this is not meant be offensive).

When it comes to fashion, I have to admit, I cringe when I see men my age wearing True Religion jeans... that's just not right. Then again, I don't feel comfortable in tweed either. So clearly, when people say... anyone can wear anything... I get that sentiment but...
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Default Re: Ladies...

I can tell you that Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme is a definite win for me. It's a very sexy, warm, inviting scent that works wonderfully with my husband's chemistry. That's the key. You have to find something that works with YOU, because what my husband wears might smell different on you. I also love John Varvatos and Jean Paul Gaultier, too.

Default is this perfume ( London Burberry for Men ) attractive in girls opinion ?

Tnx ............

Default is this perfume ( Xeryus Rouge Givenchy ) attractive in girls opinion ?

Tnx ............

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default What Becomes a Legend Most?

This question was asked in the men's forum, so, I thought I would give it a go in the ladies forum. In your opinion, what's the drop-dead sexiest fragrance a man can wear? The most arousing, mesmerizing, heart-thumping perfume a man can wear.

Ladies what drives you wild?

Southerngardens
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Default Re: What Becomes a Legend Most?

For me, it's the association with the particular man that makes the fragrance sexy, not the other way around. However, my taste in men's scents is like my taste in men: unapologetically masculine, classy, but still possessing a few rough edges, which brings us to the good old-fashioned aromatic fougere genre. Still looking for the perfect one for DH.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What Becomes a Legend Most?

Quote Originally Posted by jadelotus View Post
    For me, it's the association with the particular man that makes the fragrance sexy, not the other way around. However, my taste in men's scents is like my taste in men: unapologetically masculine, classy, but still possessing a few rough edges, which brings us to the good old-fashioned aromatic fougere genre. Still looking for the perfect one for DH.
    That's a really great answer!
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

My recent love is Jules - masculine chypre perfection. It just smells so darn good.
    Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan - this one figures in many women's fantasies.
    Arabian Oud's Black Musk - a really, really big primal fragrance. I haven't smelled it on a man yet, but I'd love to! Tmn, this is a bedroom fragrance...

Body Kouros - no question about it...
    eden <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    my favourites on a man:
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Uomo? De Moschino.
    Dior Homme Intense
    Finally, a woman who likes Uomo? by Moschino!
    I love it. For me, it's perfect for summer days/nights out.

The three frags you've mentioned, are to me at least, so starkly different, which is great, as it means your tastes are quite varied when it comes to men's frags.

I own DHI too, but I rarely fine an appropriate setting to wear it. To me it's a sexy, calm, intimate frag, but it would be interesting to know a woman's perspective on what you specifically like about it.

Default Women pls help for choise :)

Who is better,beautiful,sexiest and who want to feel a man?

Costume National -Pour Homme

or

Costume National- Scent Intense

Default Favourite “bedroom” fragrance on your man…

Im sick of reading "a scent wont do anything its personality and game" bs, everybody is aware! This is a fragrance website, people just want to know which fragrances get appreciated generally universally..
    Last edited by Crusher_; 9th January 2013 at 01:22 AM.

CologneFan85

Default Re: Favourite “bedroom” fragrance on your man…

my fiance said De nuit was this type many time before, guess she was right cause shes now preggo

Almost anything with patchouli in it.

According to my 17 year old nephew the girls at his school love Axe body spray. (Though as his aunt I'd love to take him to Nordstrom or a niche shop and challenge him to get off the popular scent bus to change that.)

Default Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Fahrenheit by Dior is VERY nice...but regardless of what you wear, the trick is not to use too much of it

- - - Updated - - -

Tsar by VanCleef & Arpels aftershave (the original; NOT the one in the ribbed bottle) makes me want to jump your bones

- - - Updated - - -

Tsar by VanCleef & Arpels (the original; NOT the one in the ribbed bottle) takes the prize. A close second is Fahrenheit by Dior. Aqua Velva (!) is also nice-but regardless which NOT TOO MUCH OF IT

- - - Updated - - -

Tsar by VanCleef & Arpels is it-the original-not the one in the ribbed bottle

Default Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

There are two scents that I totally go gaga for. First and foremost, it's the original Drakkar. Not Noir. The one in the navy and silver box. The REAL Drakkar.

Second is the somewhat cheap One Man Show. This one is more emotional than anything else - so I'm afraid it's not so much a "female" thing as it is a "personal history" thing.

Old-juice "Obsession" totally made me bonkers. Seriously so. New juice - not so much.

The original KL Homme (the one with the lapis frame) - O.M.G.!!!!!!!!

I do, of the moderns, find the original Baldessarini very alluring and sexy.

I'm not sure I am the type of woman you want to attract, though. I'm kinda difficult and bitchy.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Banned
    Blog Entries

what do women on here think of Pure Malt

Ormond Jayne Man.

i love love love the issey miyake for men! its not overpowering, its subtle but it really stays forever! its like a spell that sticks in your system and its like you want to smell him more! its sensual, its divine!

Banned
    Blog Entries

what do women here think on silver mountain water?

do you like when men wear it? would you wear it yourself?

can't assure you of tearing off the cloth but yeah this perfume will make impression. Being a girl i like this perfume. I have even gifted this to my buddy. it is Agua Brava By Antonio Puig. It's generally not available on physical stores.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd March 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: removed spammy-looking link

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    what do women here think on silver mountain water?

do you like when men wear it? would you wear it yourself?
    Do I like it when men wear it?
    SMW is alright, but I'd rather smell GIT on a man.

Would I wear it?
    I tried it on a few times, and it's pleasant, but not really my thing.
    Last edited by gmstrack; 3rd March 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Bleu de Chanel
    Hugo Boss bottled
    AdG
    Aventus

Default Re: Ladies, confirm my epiphany about which scents attract women

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Originally Posted by Cerel9
    In our modern society, at least where I live, most women starve themselves to stay thin. They eat only 1,000 calories or so per day and they are always hungry. Of course, a gourmand will taste different to someone with a full distended stomach than it would to someone starving for food.

Thus, if you want to attract thin women, you should wear gourmands. Correct?
    lmao - funniest theory of the day award goes to...
    Very keen!

I want to smell vintage Chanel No. 5 on a man. I don't know why. It registers as feminine, but only due to cultural norms.
    Also, some of Geo. Trumper's shaving soaps (which I haven't smelled yet).
    Cedar/spice/vetiver naturals drive me crazy on a man. No dousing though, that's awful.

I haven't smelled Womanity yet. Maybe I should ask the sweet fella at Sephora try it on for me.
    Last edited by onaluna; 9th April 2013 at 09:54 AM.

My favorites:
    Dior Homme
    Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men
    MK High Intensity Cologne Spray for Men (never would've found this one if my stepmom hadn't given it to my husband for Christmas one year. I was surprised I liked it so much!)
    Bvlgari Black

For women's fragrances I'd like to smell on a man:
    Shalimar
    ...I thought there would be more, but that's all I'm coming up with at the moment.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I'm going to say that Breath of God by BN2B2BB is a sexy one...in a mellow way. Although some people think it's vile, I love it.
    And sexy it is Fleurine, despite—or because of?—evoking childhood memories; I detect, of all things paregoric, which is camphorated tincture of opium with licorice flavoring, something my mom gave us for a sore tummy or a cough. I get burnt rubber, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    ...camphorated tincture of opium with licorice flavoring, something my mom gave us for a sore tummy or a cough...
    Jujy, LOL. Is this where you get some of your awesomely creative comments?!
    (The things parents used to be able to get away with, in the search for a calm, quiet household. I'm pretty sure laudanum was pre-childproof caps, too.)

queen of the universe

I owe it all to my late mother's way with words, to say nothing of her way with a spoonful of this or that...

Default Re: Favourite “bedroom” fragrance on your man…

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_ View Post
    Im sick of reading "a scent wont do anything its personality and game" bs, everybody is aware! This is a fragrance website, people just want to know which fragrances get appreciated generally universally..
    Agreed. If someone is standing behind or around you, and you like the way they smell, obviously their personality has nothing to do with it.
    Don't ask me to scrute the geranium. Some things are inscrutable.

Any chance of getting a woman's opinion of Fahrenheit on a man?
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

To my knowledge, the only 3 scents any guys I've ever dated have worn have been Acqua di Gio (high school boyfriends, although I still enjoy a whiff of it, I'd probably roll my eyes at a guy who wore that now), Polo Black (early 20s, I found it hyper-sexy, although the guy himself was hyper-sexy), and John Varvatos (the latter worn by my horrid ex-husband and I'd probably run away from any guy I ever smelled wearing that). I will always love the smell of Old Spice on a man. Original Polo will always remind me of my Dad.

I wold love to date a guy really into fragrance! I'll keep dreaming. The guys around me generally fall into the Axe or Chrome categories. Give me a break.

Default Re: Ladies...

This is owr first date. I met her on a dating site (RomanceCompass). Besides it is her birthday!
    What perfume to give her?
    I choose between the Aqua Di Gio and Creed's Millesime Imperial ...