Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Which scents chicks dig/females love/blah blah blah

No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger
    Last edited by tigrushka; 30th January 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Default Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Okay, there's a 15 year old in here asking the guys what they like on girls, so now, as a 19 year old male, I am asking you what the women like on men. If there are any ladies lurking about give me your opinion, or guys, tell me what fragrances have won you the most attention from the opposite sex.

Default Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

All the girls love Aqua Di Gio!
    If you post this question in the ladie's forum, i'm sure they would be delighted to answer this!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

You should wear a cologne that suits your personality. That way if a girl likes it....voila, you have something in common. Dont just wear what all the girls like. Wear what you like and in time you'll meet a girl who also likes it and she would probably be a better choice for you. Unless of course you're just going for a one night stand. Then go with what every girl likes. . But women are not objects!

Quote Originally Posted by cause = time
    Okay, there's a 15 year old in here asking the guys what they like on girls, so now, as a 19 year old male, I am asking you what the women like on men. If there are any ladies lurking about give me your opinion, or guys, tell me what fragrances have won you the most attention from the opposite sex.
    I get the most compliments when I wear Creed's Millesime Imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    You should wear a cologne that suits your personality. That way if a girl likes it....voila, you have something in common. Dont just wear what all the girls like. Wear what you like and in time you'll meet a girl who also likes it and she would probably be a better choice for you. Unless of course you're just going for a one night stand. Then go with what every girl likes. . But women are not objects!
    oh goodness, i know women aren't objects. i'm just curious because my girlfriend (who i've been with for three years) says she doesn't have a preference... but i'd really like to find something sensual for us.

and alot more people are usually on the men's forum than the female's, so that's why i posted here.

Talking Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

I've been waiting for someone to post another thread like this.

Thrax

Girls like money, nice cars, things that plug into the wall and make a whurring sound, small fuzzy things, "cute" things, metric tons of make up, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt

how come girls can get away with threads like this, but guys can't?

how come girls can get away with threads like this, but guys can't?
    Why does the sun go up from the east? ;-)

Seriously though, there is no "concrete" answer for all girls ( I guess most teenagers are influenced by what's the latest fad or what everybody wears, but not ladies over that age) and if you're asking about your own girl, why not take her to a sniffing expedition and ask her? You might discover something that way.

Plus an individual perfume will make you stand out more.

Myself I like Declaration, Obsession, Trussardi original, Lolita au masculin, Timbuktu, Mechant Loup, Allure Homme, Egoiste.
    And butch, macho ones like Givenchy Gentleman and Cartier Santos.

lol here we go again...

my gf doesn't want to influence what i pick, but she is always going to be an essential part of the equation. i've been looking at pr's pour homme because she tends to like very clean scents. any other suggestions?

my gf doesn't want to influence what i pick, but she is always going to be an essential part of the equation. i've been looking at pr's pour homme because she tends to like very clean scents. any other suggestions?
    Ok, this topic has been discussed over and over again here. The usual results:
    Acqua di Gio
    L'eau D'issey pour Homme
    Azzaro Chrome
    Gucci Envy
    Le Male

Edit:A few more...
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Caron pour Un Homme
    John Varvatos
    Bvlgari Black
    Rive Gauche pour Homme
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Millisime Imperiale
    Davidoff Coolwater
    Crush
    Givenchy Pi
    Guerlain L'instant pour Homme
    Last edited by Xen; 9th August 2006 at 08:10 AM.

According to this site, women like woody scents:

http://www.osmoz.com/mag/fiche_repor...PORT&LANGUE=en
    -

Thrax

So women like woodies? This confirms a theory that I have long supported!

Cool Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Aside from conclusively figuring out the nature of God, understanding women is right up on my to do list. I believe you could get away posting this question on the women's forum and they'll cut you some slack, instead of just cutting you, provided you tell them you're 19 and you've been with your girlfriend since you were 16 years old. Trust me, they'll be much sweeter.

Anyway, my 2 cents:

Roma
    John Varvatos
    Geir

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Excuse me for not knowing that this topic has been discussed thousands of times, as I am the freshest of all newbies. This thread was mainly in response to the young lady's thread asking men what they like. And were you being sarcastic about the feminine board treating me nicer if I tell them I've been going out with the same girl (my first and only girlfriend and kiss, mind you) since I was 16? We've been in a long distance relationship now for the past year (she's in Northern California for college while I'm in Southern California) so I don't even know why I'm considering her preferences so much. Guess I'm just a creature of habit.

Young girls(15-25) dig:

Fierce
    Ezra Fitch
    Drift(Hollister)
    Jake(Hollister)
    Kirra(Pac Sun)

^ not even joking.

Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Acqua Di Gio
    Armani Code
    Guess Man
    Cool Water
    Very Sexy 1 and 2

Those are ones that you can't go wrong with and 99% of girls will like them

I'd swear sometimes that women are all independent thinkers with their own tastes and opinions. Weird.

hey, cause=time, it seems that it dosn't matter, if this subject is already discussed a thousand times before, every time a thread dealing with that matter is posted, is seems to atract a lot of interest from both sexes! as a perfume addict and semi-professional perfumer, i made the following observation:

a masculine fragrance that is succesful in attracting the attention of the opposite sex, does nearly always contain elements of a female fragrance and vice versa! vide JPG's le male!...
    si doux, tout musc...

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    According to this site, women like woody scents:

http://www.osmoz.com/mag/fiche_repor...PORT&LANGUE=en
    Good article, thanks for posting the link.

Thank (most of) you all for being good sports in this thread dedicated to everything purely stupid and not serious.

You have to admit that this is fun to talk about regardless of all that "women are individuals" posturing. Pssh...

Remember, "everything purely stupid and not serious."
    Last edited by cause = time; 9th August 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrax
    Girls like money, nice cars, things that plug into the wall and make a whurring sound, small fuzzy things, "cute" things, metric tons of make up, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt

LOL!
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I'd swear sometimes that women are all independent thinkers with their own tastes and opinions. Weird.

It does seem god is laughing at us sometimes for not knowing anything about women. Sometimes so hard he cries. That is of course, where the rain comes from.

I really balk at the idea of wearing what everyone other guy does for the sake of attracting women, but I realized these scents are popular for a reason-they work. So, I'll probably pick up some Feirce, Curve, and Coolwater sooner or later.

Anything Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Pagani. Fragrance wise you can't go wrong with something along the lines of Polo Blue, which is a good fragrance but doesn't last. Anything from A&F is generally accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by kraken
    I really balk at the idea of wearing what everyone other guy does for the sake of attracting women, but I realized these scents are popular for a reason-they work. So, I'll probably pick up some Feirce, Curve, and Coolwater sooner or later.
    not that I'd recommend it, but IF you are going to Abercrombie & Fitch for fragrance, spend the extra money for Ezra Fitch Cologne. It's in a whole different league from Fierce. And, added bonus, the bottle is really handsome and makes for a nice dresser-top-ornament, as opposed to the embarassingly tacky Fierce bottle.
    Last edited by Joel_Cairo; 9th August 2006 at 06:20 PM.

ROFL. Really? That explains sooo much ;D

And, dude, -seriously-, wear what YOU like and what makes YOU feel sexy. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    not that I'd recommend it, but IF you are going to Abercrombie & Fitch for fragrance, spend the extra money for Ezra Fitch Cologne. It's in a whole different league from Fierce. And, added bonus, the bottle is really handsome and makes for a nice dresser-top-ornament, as opposed to the embarassingly tacky Fierce bottle.

Is it just me or does Ezra Fitch smell exactly like Mania? I made the connection the first time I smelled Mania after smelling EF a few times. don't both have a bergamot something or other?

lol. Good one

Girls like manly men who smells like a man. Musty/Muscky/Sweaty!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Girls like manly men who smells like a man. Musty/Muscky/Sweaty!

Amen! Now can I get a Hallelujah?! Let me hear you say hallelujah oh Lord! Glory glory hallelujah!

Umm yeah about that. Sorry...theres not much else to watch at 4 in the morning.

L'Homme Sage

Just got that after trying a sample from Lucky Scents and..................................,three women at work snuggled up and started to undo my tie and shirt buttons It's unbelieveable! I was afraid I was going to be bitten !

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

i asked some women about this: here are the responses:
    in general:
    a girl: likes a cool cute dude.
    a woman: likes a confident guy
    a lady: likes loads of money.
    nothing about smells.

fragrance? they never have a straight answer...if they don't like the frag the guy uses, they will find the way to lose the frag and get him to wear what she likes best, or al least convince him to wear something on common ground.

these are not my answers BTW! what do you think?

I have never received anything less than arm-flapping, teeth-gnashing, eyelid-fluttering compliments from girls when I wear anything by Chanel. The exception is Antaeus, which I usually only wear to work or on days when I keep to myself.

I get the same reaction from a $12 bottle of Raw Vanilla, though, so caveat emptor.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

[What Do The Girls Like?]

Scent wise...or in general?
    No really, we need to be specific here, its a question only fractionally as complex as girls! I use to be complex and thought I knew the answer, then I found out I'm not complex, just a Dawg in man's clothing ha ha!

what was the question again?

oh...what scents do they like? that narrows it down!

Roses, they really like roses. Especially the smell of the roses in that surprise boquet sent to her office. Remember, the roses need a label so they know why we sent them. D'oh! thats the tough part! I could just whip out the credit card and make a call saying "send roses to this address today please" but then the flower lady asks "what do you want to put on the card?"

"what?"

"oh!"

"damn"

"ok, just write 'I love you' on it please, say its from Dawg, she'll know. Thanks"

A call recieved later in the day...

"Honey, the roses were great, but didnt you remember that Carmations were my favorite?"

D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    L'Homme Sage

Just got that after trying a sample from Lucky Scents and..................................,three women at work snuggled up and started to undo my tie and shirt buttons It's unbelieveable! I was afraid I was going to be bitten !

Dan

lol, where do you work ?
    -

In my experience girls go nuts over sweet scents and pepper scents. But when it comes right down to it what scent you're wearing doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference(as long as it isn't, horrendous or over applied). If you've got it you've got it, but smelling good never hurts. Some scent suggestions from your department store counter :Boss Soul, Boss Bottled, Givenchy VI, Dior homme, Dior fahrenheit, Azzaro Visit, Chanel Allure Sport, YSL Opium EdT.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    L'Homme Sage

Dan
    Dan is always talking about how the women love him. I think Dan is a
    P-I-M-P!

Cool Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

ME. Got any phone numbers?

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 10th August 2006 at 09:44 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

@ DT and zztopp!

I'm a stockbroker with a large firm in a small, Southern city and I must confess that I slightly overstated their reactions but not by much .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

"What do girls like?"

From the fragrances I have, the most that gets attention is yes "Drakkar Noir" I don't know what is but women seem to love it. 2nd is Rive Gauche and than SMW.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

i have yet to meet a woman who doesnt like gucci envy.

L'Autre, no question about it. Everyone on the board loves it.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

This is from a woman...
    I think everyone should wear what he thinks smells best on him because it will tell her who he is, what he thinks of himself.
    SECRET: Kiss her thorougly and at great length when you wear it, and she will forever become aroused whenever she smells it again.

I will quote Tori Amos and say:

"What a girl fears in the night
    is another girl's paradise"

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation and 2% butterscotch ripple.
    The perfume group at vox: http://thescented.groups.vox.com/

If you're rich, you could smell like a skunk who rolled himself in a pile of dung and it wouldn't matter.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Women like the smell of...confidence. If you have confidence, then frankly, it really doesn't matter what you smell like. Sure, some women like money like men like b**bs. But in the end, that final dealbreaker, that discriminator when we notice someone out of a crowd of strangers is confidence. If you can walk around truly believing that you're the best thing since TM cologne, then it really doesn't matter that you smell like hot dog water.

CP

Okay we all know that there are a thousand things that girls like besides fragrance. But he's asking what fragrances they like. Let's not try and sound like we created woman and we're reading out of page 17 of the manual we wrote for them. Of course they like confidence and money and whatever you want to say. But he was asking about fragrance.

Default Ladies...

Hello.

I shall be brief - which men's fragrance turns you on the most?

I apologise if this seems crude but I, like many, would like to know!

J.

Default Re: Ladies...

Hi James!

Kouros for me!

Eau Sauvage
    JPg Le Male
    Tabac Original

Fresh sweat.

I don't think it's been bottled.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

LOL! Tinker424 - I guess it does take a lot more than a pleasing scent to press the right buttons!

I am currently wearing YSL M7, Gucci PH and Burberry Brit....what say you of these scents?

Please feel free to include any non-fragrance related tips! ;-)
    Last edited by James Esq; 28th October 2006 at 09:32 PM.

Something I have be very close to be able to smell at all, like neck nuzzlingly close. My husband was wearing Obsession for Men when we met. I've always liked that scent. Jaiphur Homme. I also like Givenchy Gentleman. I don't know many men's fragrances. Oriental fragrances I suppose. But only when *very* lightly applied.

I do enjoy some men's fragrances when they have a lot of sillage, but they don't really "turn me on" - it's only the ones that are so faint that you are drawn in closer to smell them that I find a turn on.

Blog Entries

YSL M7 is VEEERRYY Sex-ay!! At least on me it is!

James are you tripping? How gullible do you think we are? How can you ask your intended prey to tell you how to bait the trap???!!!

If you are truly a 'good' man you would be able to read our minds, be in touch with your emotions and be spontaneously romantic even after a gruelling 50 hour week in your amazingly high paying / high powered job!

Good luck on your love hunt / safari. This 'trophy' is outta here...

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Basenotes Plus

The man turns me on, not the fragrance he happens to be wearing.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

James, have you actually know any women? Have you noticed how we all have different personality characteristics, hair colors, names, jobs, etc? Not all women are the same. Not all women like the same smells. So what makes you think that the "ladies" here would be able to provide you with a magic passport to any woman's knickers?