Code of Conduct

Default lame OS (old spice update) sample arrived!

first of all, while little les nez and apothia can send out 5 ml samples, and little frederic malle, even, all proctor (or whatever conglom) owned oldspice.com can come across with is a postcard....

fresh-faced bottom, er I mean model, Tripp is seen with that same woman in that same pose. .. and you peel back the little foil facsimilie of the bottle to reveal the little soaked pad with its, you guessed it, FRESSSHHH fragrance, which, after sniffing and after this cheapskate performance, I'm not even about to apply anywhere. Life's too short! And I deserve better!

Default Re: lame OS (old spice update) sample arrived!

It's just another AdG clone that is 5 years behind everyone else when they came out w clones haha

I literally laughed out loud when i pulled that cheesy postcard from my mail box. Lame indeed.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I figuratively laughed out loud as well. That was pathetic, I cannot believe they had the effrontery to send something like that by mail... waste of a good mailman's salary, if you ask me. After all, our mailmen have better things to do, like going postal. :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Funny this thread comes up now because I must have gotten my postcard "mini Kotex pad" sample about a month ago. I was going to post but didn't think it was even worth the effort talking about this incredibly crappy scent. I'm glad Supermarky took the effort .... gives us a chance to vent.

Definitely the most "I've smelled this before" type of scent that's been done a million times. I should've guessed it was going to be bad when I was visiting my brother in Fla. a few months ago, and saw it in the HABA aisle of a Publix supermarket. Such a shame because I've been wearing their deodorants for over 30 years and love them.
    Last edited by ziffy321; 23rd November 2006 at 12:19 PM.

it's really sad that this is realised right along side YSL homme and they are pracically the same

Well I don't think Old Spice markets itself as such. If a person is going to buy a bottle of Old Spice they don't really need to test it numerous times to make sure they don't regret the eight dollar blind buy lol.

The Old Spice aftershave/cologne is pretty much a backdrop today, the overwhelming majority of their sales now are the deoderants and other bath/body products which have taken off big time over the last five or six years.

What did you expect?

now that I think of it the sample of ysl homme was also in "tampax mini-pad" form!

Yea whats with these tampax-minipad samples ? And "tester strips" suck too. Why not just send a 0.5ml vial sample?
    -