Code of Conduct

Default Finding old loves again

This month has been a L'Artisan month for me; the Mūre et Musc wearing week in Paris and Dzongkha I got from Mr.Tigs inspired me first to retry Les Epices de la Passion and then revisit all my other L'Artisan scents.

Last night I dug out one of my very first L'Artisans: Voleur de Roses. I remembered that I loved it and that it was very good, but this good!

It seems to be a good idea to give scents a "rest" every now and then, the reunion can be unbelievably joyous.

Have you revisited and refound any old loves lately?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Finding old loves again

my old loves were from so long ago...you inspire me, however to perhaps hunt down Je Reviens...oh, the name is rather a pun for this thread, eh?
    OH and it goes with the movie I saw last night, Volver, which I believe means To Return...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My Addict "find" (back of the closet, geographically perfume Siberia) has me scouring for other things I might have stashed there and ignored. Burberry Brit Gold is one of those, and recently there was a bit of Costes and some curiously aged Ce Soir ou Jamais that is now piquantly more like rose wine than a rose bouquet and has an interesting leafy tint and apparently a much higher voice, as though it were screaming to get out of the dark.

Opōné
    Last edited by pluran; 24th November 2006 at 05:16 PM.

Yes, just today I had the urge to put on a favorite combination from last winter: BBW holiday cranberry fragrance in the shower gel and body lotion layered with Nanette Lepore edp (which has cranberry among it's notes). It felt very festive to wear this after giving it a long rest.

And a few days ago, I wore Eau de Camille, a fragrance I usually reserve for spring. It was like a breath of fresh air. I loved it!

My old loves are very old. Often, when I revisit them they have been changed or reformulated, and they just don't smell as nice as I remember. So I've learned my lesson there. But there is the occasional exception, like Diorissimo, which I revisited recently after many, many years. I think I have a better appreciation of it now, and it has shot up right to the top of my wish list. I've also been sampling old classics that are new to me, so I don't know whether they're the same or worse for tweaking, but so far I love the Balmains I've tried - Jolie Madame and Miss Balmain.

Quote Originally Posted by plumeria
    And a few days ago, I wore Eau de Camille, a fragrance I usually reserve for spring. It was like a breath of fresh air. I loved it!
    I adore Eau de Camille.

Oh GOD yes - and found most of them reading posts here on BN. Bellodgia - Cacharel - Ma Griffe - even Bal a Versailles. Fracas, My Sin, Replique, a (I think) Lancome called simply O - a lot of them have ended up on my wish list.

So many frags...so little time!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze