Code of Conduct

Thread: Louisville, KY

Overcome By Fumes

Default Louisville, KY

If anyone has the opportunity to be in this city, I would humbly suggest a visit to La Parfumerie at Chenoweth Square. Ruth, the proprietor, is quite friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. She has quite a good collection including some older discontinued fragrances and rarities as well as some artisanal 'fumes like Creed or Amouage. She does ship as well which can be helpful. We had a nice conversation and when she realized my passion for fragrances she brought me to a computer to show me a website she would use for reference which she thought might interest me. Basenotes!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Louisville, KY

Aside from La Parfumerie, there is a Sephora and a Von Maur that stocks Creed at Oxmoor Center in St. Matthews. If I find any other neat places while I'm in the 'Ville I will update this thread.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I also recommend The Crushed Violet in Lexington.
    Last edited by helenvanpattersonpatton; 13th May 2012 at 01:40 PM.

I would love to meet some other perfumistas in Louisville. I have no one to discuss scents, scent happenings, scent history or IFRA regulations with. If you are in or near Louisville and need to talk perfume get in touch.

I'm new to the site but I'm a long time Creed wearer and I didn't believe I would be able to find it in Central Ky but I recently found my fav (Bois Du Potugal) at Perfumes Plus at the Fayette Mall in Lexington.

I picked up GIT as well.

I've been to Ruth's store many times.....I remember when She was in Oxmoor Mall.....I'm from Cincinnati Ohio.....It would be nice to have a Basenotes meet and greet in Louisville!!!
    Gary

Last weekend I stopped at La Perfumiere. It is a small cozy store. The staff, Jessee , was very helpful and very/ They have a good collection of Ramon Monegal, Amouage. They also have some creeds and xerjoffs. The front part of the store is for niche and the other side is for limited designers. They also carry a good collection of pure oils for perfume makers. A worth visit store.

I was also in Louisville on December 26th and stopped in at Perfume Plus in the Mall at St. Matthews.
    The store had a few Creeds and the most Bonds I have ever seen in person.
    That said, I got to sample The Scent of Peace and Bleecker Street, so it was a treat.