Code of Conduct

Thread: 2 Rancé 1795

Default 2 Rancé 1795

After the Parfums de Nicolai thread the other day, I found that the same seller is also selling this one and I thought I might give it a try. Looking on the Rance website, it has the product lineup, but I didn't find any description or notes or what not of this one. Also, I didn't find this one in the Basenotes Directory.

Anybody have any experience with "2" Rancé 1795?

Default Re: 2 Rancé 1795

Yes. I smelled it at the Perfume Shoppe in Portland, OR. The men and women's scents are supposed to be exact recreations of a recipe personally designed by Napolean & Josephine.

I was about to spring for it...about 100. a bottle...but my second sniff revealed a sorta light, watery fragrance without a lot of distinction or projection...sort of in the Eau de Hadrien mode by AG...pleasant, nice, inoffensive but not special.

IMO of course.

Thanks for the message. In general, I'm not a huge fan of light, watery stuff (I like something with a little more kick), so I'll probably hold off on it for now. At the end of the day, it's not my goal to smell like a short 18th century megalomaniac.

Well, I ended up bidding because the price was only $20. I received it today and it is much as you said. Actually, it reminds me a LOT of Masaki Matsushimas Mat; Male, citrusy and fresh. I'm glad I didn't spend $100 for it, but for the price paid, it is nice enough.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho