Code of Conduct

Default What are some fresh, fruit scents like Aventus and Millesime Imperial?

Can anyone recommend me any scents that are along those lines?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What are some fresh, fruit scents like Aventus and Millesime Imperial?

This is kind of an obvious answer, but you should really check out the rest of the modern men's Creed lineup. Original Santal is a great, strong cherry, while Original Vetiver has a nice candied neroli on top that smells like green orange candy (if that makes sense).

If you're looking for less expensive alternatives, lots of people think Sean John's I Am King smells like Millessime Imperial. For a real cheapie, Stetson All American has a Creed vibe to it as well.

For niche, if you haven't checked out Bond No 9 yet, you really should. They're very good at masculine scents that incorporate fruit. And speaking of Aventus, my favorite pineapple scent is L'Artisan Parfumeur Ananas Fizz.

Happy sniffing!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Default Re: What are some fresh, fruit scents like Aventus and Millesime Imperial?

Thanks for the answer rogalal. I own Original Vetiver and Stetson All American, but I wouldn't consider either to be overly fruity. OV is very fresh, but I feel like it is a clean, soapy fresh instead of a fruity fresh. I will definitely check out the L'Artisan scent, thanks a bunch!

Exclamation Re: What are some fresh, fruit scents like Aventus and Millesime Imperial?

While I could be mistaken, I believe Rogalai meant that Sean John's 'Unforgivable' is similar to Millesime Imperial, NOT 'I Am King'.

Please forgive if I am wrong

Ananas Fizz

Burberry Summer 2009 is twin brother to Aventus

Closest scents to Aventus are Zara Sprint 9.58 and Baldinini Man

Closest scent to Millesime Imperial are Sean John's Multi-Platinum version of Unforgivable, and Bond No.9 Wall Street

Quote Originally Posted by gxcad View Post
    While I could be mistaken, I believe Rogalai meant that Sean John's 'Unforgivable' is similar to Millesime Imperial, NOT 'I Am King'.

Please forgive if I am wrong
    I believe you are correct.

I received a sample of Byredo's Fantastic Man today and it reminds me very much of Aventus. Anyone with me?

tous in heaven for him

pineapple

tous in heaven, which i've owned and loved... does it have pineapple?

Anyone looking for a great refreshing fragrance in the same vain as Millesime Imperial but more affordable then I recommend Ed Hardy's Love & Luck.

Give Pi Neo Tropical Paradise a sniff next time you're in a department store.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Riverside dr
    Nuits de Neho are the best available pineapples scent to me hands down.

Cmax...

That Zara rec is really interesting, Dullah!
    Would you car to tell a little more about your take on it?
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    That Zara rec is really interesting, Dullah!
    Would you car to tell a little more about your take on it?
    Aventus has alot of bergamot up top, and Zara Sprint 9.58 has none. no citrus at all. Zara has the exact same pineapple note as Aventus, and lots of it, the Zara also seems to have some fruity currant, alot of Jasmine/floral notes, scotch Pine oil instead of the Juniper oil in aventus (serving same purpose), and the Zara has a much different base....the Zara's base smells alot like the base of Paco's Black XS.

All in all, Zara Sprint 9.58 (gold) is a bargain for those liking fruity/woody scents.

Did you ever try Byredo - Fantastic Man, DULLAH? I'd love to hear your opinion about how this compares to Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Did you ever try Byredo - Fantastic Man, DULLAH? I'd love to hear your opinion about how this compares to Aventus.
    Last year, I tried all the Byrdeo's, expecting to like the Green Byredo (didn't). I found all of them very pleasant, but very nondescript, boring, and without memorable character. I'll sniff Byredo Fantastic again next time I'm in Barney's.

Well, it's the same as with Aventus, it smells like hybrid of current designer fresh/fruity/floral and a very classic base - not exactly groundbreaking but done in a very good way. I like Fantasic Man's base better and worse at the same time. It's stronger and more fullbodied then Aventus' base but there's an additional note in it that I don't like (probably geranium or rose). Please post your impressions when retested it, should you retry it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Aventus has alot of bergamot up top, and Zara Sprint 9.58 has none. no citrus at all. Zara has the exact same pineapple note as Aventus, and lots of it, the Zara also seems to have some fruity currant, alot of Jasmine/floral notes, scotch Pine oil instead of the Juniper oil in aventus (serving same purpose), and the Zara has a much different base....the Zara's base smells alot like the base of Paco's Black XS.

All in all, Zara Sprint 9.58 (gold) is a bargain for those liking fruity/woody scents.
    Thank you very much, Sir, I definitely need to try that one out.
    The Bergamot was actually a little disturbing to me and if there is any chance I can scratch that itch for Aventus without paying the big bucks I'l check it out!
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    tous in heaven, which i've owned and loved... does it have pineapple?
    yes

Cereus - No. 4
    Frapin - 1270
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Closest scents to Aventus are Zara Sprint 9.58 and Baldinini Man

Closest scent to Millesime Imperial are Sean John's Multi-Platinum version of Unforgivable, and Bond No.9 Wall Street
    Not to disagree too harshly with the esteemed Dullah, but there is absolutely no similarity to my nose between MI and Wall Street. MI is a melony scent, with some other slightly fruity and ambergris notes; Wall Street smells STRONGLY of cucumber (I adore MI, and hate Wall Street). The closest to MI that I've found yet is the same one Jack Hunter found: Ed Hardy's Love and Luck for Men. Not overly similar, but close enough to mention.

Neroli Sauvage