Code of Conduct

Default Christmas Time is coming.. and I need a new Winter and Summer Frag!

Currently I have:

Bulgari PH - Love
    Bulgari Extreme - Love
    Givenchy Pi - Neutral
    JPG - le Male - Love
    Fierce - Hate
    Kenneth Cole Black - Hate
    Lucky You - Hate
    ADG - Neutral
    Polo Blue - Hate
    Coolwater Deep - Hate
    Armani Mania - Love
    Lacoste - Hate
    CK Eternity - Love
    Tommy - Neutral
    A*men - Love
    DKNY Be Delicious - Hate
    Curve - Hate
    Chrome - Neutral

There are some more but I'm tired of listing. Hate is a strong word... I don't hate most of those scents, I just don't enjoy wearing them. However, you can begin to see my problem... I dislike the majority of my collection. I am beginning to find what my tastes are. I like a complex base, with a good foundation. I don't usually like synthetic smells, and i like a good sillage and longevity. What I have described probably mirrors a large number of cologne enthusiasts.

Well, I have read posts and studied the options and here is what I am considering. I would love for some of you frag experts to give any advice, or thoughts

Winter:
    Versace The Dreamer
    Yves St. Laurent M7

Summer:
    Bulgari Aqua
    Dolce And Gabanna Pour Homme (Only one of these I have tried and LOVED it)

To Try out:
    Magnetism - Escada
    Visit – Azzaro
    L'eau Issey
    Burberry Brit
    Happy – Clinique
    Armani Black Code

I actually need a summer frag that I really like more than more winter ones. I am not usually a fan of fruity citrus frags...
    Last edited by Pappy; 27th November 2006 at 02:59 AM.

Default Re: Christmas Time is coming.. and I need a new Winter and Summer Frag!

My votes are:
    Versace The Dreamer
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Burberry Brit
    Clinique Happy
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Is Gucci Envy a summertime scent? I have heard alot of good things about it.
    I just don't want anymore colognes that smell cheap.

I understand you have been finding what your tastes are, but accumulating a wardrobe of this size in which you hate/dislike more than half of the fragrances was an inefficient (and expensive) way to go about it, I think. Whatever your strategy for choosing fragrances has been, it has not worked well. Perhaps seeking advice here is part of a new approach. Perhaps you should also try to give fragrances a more extensive test wearing before you purchase. You may also want to expand your horizons beyond what's available in every department store. I have found that most of those don't interest me much--I find them "generic" and particularly dislike the synthetic "acquatic" notes found in most everything with the name "aqua" or "blue" in the name.

I'd suggest you seek out some niche scents and scents from upper-tier non-niche houses like Guerlain, Hermes, Chanel, etc. It's hard to predict which of these you will prefer, although everyone seems to love Creed Bois du Portugal. For summer I really like L'eau de L'Artisan, an exquisite grassy citrus, and Diptyque's Philosykos, a wonderful fig rendition.

More than almost any fragrance I can think of, M7 is one you must try yourself. You may love it, but there's absolutely no way to tell based on anything you will read here.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner_Watson
    I understand you have been finding what your tastes are, but accumulating a wardrobe of this size in which you hate/dislike more than half of the fragrances was an inefficient (and expensive) way to go about it, I think. Whatever your strategy for choosing fragrances has been, it has not worked well. Perhaps seeking advice here is part of a new approach. Perhaps you should also try to give fragrances a more extensive test wearing before you purchase. You may also want to expand your horizons beyond what's available in every department store. I have found that most of those don't interest me much--I find them "generic" and particularly dislike the synthetic "acquatic" notes found in most everything with the name "aqua" or "blue" in the name.

I'd suggest you seek out some niche scents and scents from upper-tier non-niche houses like Guerlain, Hermes, Chanel, etc. It's hard to predict which of these you will prefer, although everyone seems to love Creed Bois du Portugal. For summer I really like L'eau de L'Artisan, an exquisite grassy citrus, and Diptyque's Philosykos, a wonderful fig rendition.

More than almost any fragrance I can think of, M7 is one you must try yourself. You may love it, but there's absolutely no way to tell based on anything you will read here.

Good luck!
    Where is a place I can find non-niche house scents?

I'd suggest looking in "better" department stores, specialty fragrance boutiques, Sephora or online.

Summer - Aqua Di Gio
    Winter - Givenchy Pi