Code of Conduct

Default Help me finding a forgotten perfume

HI, this is the first time for me to write on here(I just joined yesterday)

I feel guilty writing this after one day (not been participating at all yet but asking for a help) but i think i have to.

The perfume that I am looking for is something that i don;t know the name.
    What i know about

1. It is for female but since it is very light, it can be worn by male.
    2. It is probably made at least 1998 or earlier.
    3. It is very refreshing, soft, relax, and don;t make me feel sick.
    4. probably made in Japan.
    5. I can only remember the scent, but can;t tell, i can only jusify if i smell it.

do you have any idea of finding this perfume?
    should i just go to a perfume store and just smell every single one?

At the mommnet, i am guessing the perfume is L' Eau par Kenzo.
    I am only guessing it because the person who worn this was living in Japan since 1980s to 1990s. Kenzo is the one of the most popular brand in JP, and the reviews on the forums say it is very refreshing and it is worn by many males.

I;m sure that i have to go to local shop and test it but do you have any idea,
    how can i find any perfume without knowing the name but remmebering the scent?

Default Re: Help me finding a forgotten perfume

...how can i find any perfume without knowing the name but remmebering the scent?

Hello Martin, and welcome!

....By sampling, sniffing, and sampling more. That's how I found my first Creed, and it took three months. My starter was - it smelled expensive, and it was green (that's also how I found Basenotes, by the way). 98 ? That should still be on shelves. And there aren't too many Japanese brands to start from. Sorry i cannot be of any help with your search. There are just too many perfumes around. Even if you don't find it, you'll learn a lot on your way, but from your description I think you will find it!
    Last edited by narcus; 27th November 2006 at 11:23 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

nearfantastica

It could very well be one of the Issey Miyake fragrances.. which tend to fit the bill on what you are describing.

a.

Do you know what the bottle looks like? Describe it to the best of your ability. What color was the liquid?

Try to describe the scent as well. Was it fruity, citrusy, grassy, etc. and could you pick out any specific smells in there?

From what you've provided, you've only narrowed it down to about four thousand fragrances, so we need as many details as you can give!

Welcome to BN, and don't worry about asking questions! That's what this place is for...To help you find stuff you really enjoy!

Chris
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah