Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Serge Lutens fragrances - some advice please

I concur with Borneo 1834! This is my favorite SL by far and for me personally, it conjures up this image of a quiet and languorous night in an old Javanese house with rustic teak furniture, heirloom batik cloths inside a wooden chest with camphor thrown in, gamelan music playing in far far distance. A dark brown scent.

I have to give it up for Borneo as well. I was instantly hooked- and I usually loathe both patchouli and chocolate in scents. But this patch is so dusty-incensey and the cocoa is so near to burnt and the barest touch of camphor cools the opening and it's just wonderful. I overspent to get a bell jar on eBay and have never mourned the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00
    I have to give it up for Borneo as well. I was instantly hooked- and I usually loathe both patchouli and chocolate in scents. But this patch is so dusty-incensey and the cocoa is so near to burnt and the barest touch of camphor cools the opening and it's just wonderful. I overspent to get a bell jar on eBay and have never mourned the fact.
    DRAT! Was it you that snapped up that bell jar? It was gone before I could bid! I keep hoping that someone will sell another one, because I am in love with Borneo. It is so amazing.

As an aside, Why aren't there more folks in the EU that are selling SL non-exports on eBay? I am so frustrated that I can't get the non-export fragrances! Although I'd love an excuse to travel to Paris, I don't have the means. The bottle of Borneo that I wanted on eBay started at $199 before shipping. For someone in the European Union to spend 100 euros on a bottle of fragrance and get a return like that? I'm amazed that there aren't more people doing it. Pity, because I want more SL!