Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes!Original Santal

I've had a bottle of this in my drobe for like ages and kept on trying to figure out the right time to wear it. For me, definitely a cool/cold weather fragrance. I kept on hesitating on wearing this,most of the time I just squirted one spray and decided "Nah,no way I'm wearing this today!" but since today was a rather cool/rainy day, so I mustered up the courage to wear it.

So before heading out to the office, I sprayed one spray on my left and right inner arm, two on my chest,put on my undershirt and then my dress shirt. About ten minutes later, I noticed that while I was driving, my inner arms turned reddish pink, but it was gone after one hour. I'm pretty sure it was an allergic reaction from the Original Santal.

Can anybody tell me what I might be allergic to? I've worn most,if not all of my scents on my inner arms before and none of the gave me reddish pink rashes. I thought Creed was supposed to be au naturelle? How come cheap Polo Blue do just fine on my inner arms. BTW, SMW and GIT never give me rashes.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yikes!Original Santal

Bird Flu!! Lol, j/k

I dont know dude...must be that Mysore Sandalwood
    -

Post Thanks / Like

That happened to me with Wings (remember that fragrance from years ago?). However, the rash lasted for days and not just an hour! I had to call the manufacturer and ask. The told me that there were more than 90 ingredients in Wings and so it would be very difficult to figure out the exact ingredient/ingedients that I was allergic to. Their advice? Don't wear it.

Tragic isn't it? My advice to you is to try wearing it on tougher skin...like the backs of your hands and arms and maybe your stomach. You get the point...stay away from the most sensitive areas. I would also try it again just to be sure. Maybe layer some lotion underneath it before spaying it on.

Post Thanks / Like

More precisely,anybody had the same experience like this with Original Santal?
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

No, but Joop! (which many compare OS to) causes a very, very similar reaction when I put it on.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th November 2006 at 03:44 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    I thought Creed was supposed to be au naturelle?
    Yay marketing! We really need a mandatory tutorial program that is required reading for members before they are allowed to post, and in the tutorial should be a disclaimer to be warry of all hype surrounding Creed.