Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 28 November

Let me start the SotD today...

21 degrees celsius; cloudy.

I finally bought Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier and I am wearing it today. This is my first official male scent and I am loving it especially the basenote which smells as good as the vanilla pancake. There is no words to describe how much I enjoy this scent.
    Unfortnately daddy has some allergy issue with this scent. He sneezed 100 times this morning when I walk pass him. I have promised him not to spray any of this at home.

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 28 November

Jicky, of the coyly adolescent name and the big-girl civet. I may prefer this in summer. The heat does fancy, funky things to that controversial note that makes it border on the obscene. Now, in cooler weather, the scent exhibits some spiciness that is dormant in hotter temperatures.

It is supposed to be autumn, but yesterday people were still enjoying a drink on the terraces!

So I think I can get away with a scent I usually only wear in spring or summer: Fragonard extrait de parfum from Fragonard.
    It reminds me a bit of Diorissimo and by now it has become a real 'classic'.

Notes: Jasmine, Lily, Honeysuckle, Amber, Bergamot
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm wearing Mitsouko parfum today. I might just gave to buy some of this stuff,I'm afraid.....Only got a tiny bit left of the sample*sigh*

Jour de Fête
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Christian Dior - Dune

Ava Luxe Kretek, the clove smells especially yummy to me today.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Fleurs d'Oranger (jet'aime, Serge)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Diorissimo this morning.

Flower by Kenzo for me today

Top notes: Hawthorn, Cassis
    Middle notes: Rose, Jasmine, Violet
    Base notes: Opoponax, Vanilla, White Musk

DH is wearing Alessandro Dell'Acqua
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Hermès - Eau des Merveilles

SL, A la nuit for me, today. I smell enchanted.

It's going to the seventies again today :bounce: so I decided to douse in a sample of SL's Sa Majeste la Rose. That was an hour ago.

What a ride! Right off it was strong and cheap smelling - like those toilet fresheners in gas stations. Then it turned inexplicably fishy. Now it's getting a bit green. Am hoping that that "antique rose" I detect way underneath is going to bloom. Pray for me!

Am wondering if the unscented moisturizer I used first is doing a number. May have to start all over!

Three hours later: It's settled down nicely - reminds me of Ombre Rose - the original - but lighter. But I don't know if I'd want a frag that requires me to wait three hours before I can take it public.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 28th November 2006 at 03:38 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Newbie here, so every day is another sample....

Today I'm trying Hanae Mori EDT Paris. The sample does not state "butterfly". Is this butterfly? Note: I had to wash it off, whatever it was. Wasn't for me.

I am now sampling Burberry London.
    Last edited by cherub; 28th November 2006 at 01:48 PM.

Soda - CdG
    Wishlist is pointless.

Caron's Bellodgia The Unsniffed Bandit strikes again!

Caswell-Massey English Lavender.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Caron's Bellodgia The Unsniffed Bandit strikes again!
    Ahhh Tinker! You smell so good!!!!!

I woke up in the middle of the night, (3am), with a sore throat from He//, and all I could think about was Caron's Bellodgia and how soothing it would be . But the fool I am, I returend my bottle to the store thinking that I would never get cravings for it, and do you think that the bottle is still there? Of course not! Was I wrong, or was I wrong!!!!????
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Kenzo Amour. Not bad. Not bad at all!

I have overdosed with Le Male today. I scrubbed myself and applied Jour de Fête before going to bed. It is velvety and almondy and sooths my mind. Maybe it is time to get a full bottle.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dabbed on some Rochas Poupee for a meeting this morning--orange blossom ( ) meets gardenia ( ). Once it settles in a little, I like it. This gardenia doesn't have the clarified butter or Pam cooking spray oil I detect in most gardenia scents.

Musse and Shycat would be so proud that I'm trying to embrace the gardenia family
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry

Musse and Shycat would be so proud that I'm trying to embrace the gardenia family

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Ahhh Tinker! You smell so good!!!!!

I woke up in the middle of the night, (3am), with a sore throat from He//, and all I could think about was Caron's Bellodgia and how soothing it would be . But the fool I am, I returend my bottle to the store thinking that I would never get cravings for it, and do you think that the bottle is still there? Of course not! Was I wrong, or was I wrong!!!!????
    Ha! We are so alike! I was on a hormone induced fragrance purge and about 10 minutes after my bottle of Poeme edp sold on Ebay I started to cry & I ended up buying another bottle from another seller
    On the bright side I ended up with a new, full bottle & made a $10 profit from all that PMS nonsense.
    I used the $10 to buy Ballenciaga's Talisman from Imaginationperfumery.com....UNSNIFFED of course

Another day with Serge. I am giving off the warm, spicy
    odours of FEMINITE DU BOIS. Autumn in a bottle!

Another day with Serge. I am enveloped in the warm, spicy,
    woody glow that is FEMINITE DU BOIS. Autumn in a bottle.
    Thank you Basenotes for introducing me to this one. On my
    "deuxieme bouteille!"

Sorry I got confused and thought my first post had gone missing!
    New p.c. and the keyboard is too small for my chubby hands....

You all smell absolutely amazing!

Jean Nate concentrated cologne for me today.

Have a lovely day!

For the evening, I've applied Gomma by Etro.

Santa Maria Novella Patchouli. No sweetness, all wood.

Gucci II. Put on a pinkish top this morning and just had to pick a fragrance based on its colour.

Parfum Sacré again, and then as many samples as I could fit on my underarms.

Bandit again today.

maybe TMI, but came home and managed to shower without disturbing my forearms in any way, the fragrance stronghold of my last bit of Serge's Fleurs d'Oranger. I gave the final dribbles of my sample to a friend of mine who is going through a nasty divorce and when she smelled my fragrance she was so cheered up, what could I say?
    I just love this fragrance and we are thinking of splitting a bottle. Questions on this in another post.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Went to work in Chanel No. 19, and loved it all day. Got home and freshened up with a little 10 Corso Como, which I thinks just rocks layered over anything leather.

Jicky

Body Shop's Vanila Vanille
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Emporio Armani He
    Gary

Wore Datura Noir today. Delicious, sublime! Spent all day with my nose buried in my wrists; manager thought I was crying. After bath I will sample Mitsouko again. The most unusual fragrance I've experienced yet. Not sure if I like it, but I enjoy it. It interests me. It seemed very unsweet to me last night, until about 3 hours in when I got a whiff of the freshest light sweetness. Then it was gone again. The sweetness lingered in the crooks of my arms longest. I actually think I'm chemically different there; always smells best! In case you hadn't noticed I am too tired to write complete sentences. A demain!