Code of Conduct

Default Where Do You Spray?

I wanted to know if it's better to spray cologne on your clothes or skin?

I usually spray on the neck and wrists, but lately I've been spraying on my clothes and noticed that it lasts longer.
    I'm just putting this out there to see what you guys think, and do...

Thrax

Default Re: Where Do You Spray?

E V E R Y W H E R E!!!!!
    atleast 15 sprays (depending on the frag of course)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually spray like 4/5 times my upper body. Then by the armpits on my shirt. Another thing I do is spray underneath the collar at the base of the neck by holding the bottle 3 inches away. The fragrance is highly concentrated and will get good sillage and longevity.

All over ... just try not to get in my eyes! Anywhere else it lands is fine by me. I do put most of it on before dressing though. There are a few stronger scents I use more sparingly.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

I spray absolutely everywhere. I've perfected the way to apply cologne and no one's ever complained so it must be the best way, right? So you should do exactly as I do. In fact, everyone on basenotes should.

I probably average out around 100-150 sprays per application, depending on the fragrance. If it's a stronger scent like A*men, I stick with around 85 sprays - I don't want to be suffocating people, you know? Well, I start with my armpits and work my way towards my wrists, spraying probably once every inch from an inch away so the fragrance goes on really thick and wet. Make sure to get the backs of your arm too! - that's the area that is most directly exposed to the people around you. I usually stop at my wrists but sometimes I spray my hands and fingers too so that I leave a "scent signature" on everything I touch.

Next, I move to my chin and spray the tip of my chin, then under it, and so on until I get to the base of my throat. I then move up around each side my neck spraying every inch or so until I get to the back of my ears. I've started to give the insides of my ears a few good sprays, as well. I find the fragrance lasts extremely well when spraying into the ear canal - the canal probably "holds in" the fragrance. The alcohol also cleans it really well so I've thrown out all my Q-Tips and don't plan to go back to using them if I'm going to be spraying fragrance into my ears anyways.

Onto my chest. I start with 5 sprays to my left nipple and make my way across my chest to the right one and give that one 5 sprays as well, you know, in case some hottie from school decides she needs help with her uhh... biology - if you know what I mean *wink wink* You just want every inch of your body to smell good. I usually then spray allll around my large, finely toned and firm pectoral muscles and work my way inwards in a spiral pattern towards my nipples. I'm scared that my scent won't project enough because my shirt will be atop so instead of spraying at 1inch intervals, I spray my chest at half inch intervals with the spray mechanism pressed RIGHT UP against my skin so that it will be nice and concentrated. Hopefully this works.

After applying to my chest, I can't ignore my beautifully sculpted eight pack so I give each of my abs around 4 sprays, sometimes 5 - for good measure. Oh yeah, can't forget my belly button! That thing REALLY holds scent well - I'd say about 10 sprays is mildly sufficient.

I won't go into detail about my... lower, and exceptionally gifted, area so I'll leave that up to your imagination but believe me, you're going to want to give it a good soak! You don't know WHO'S going to be there.. you know what I mean? *wink wink*

Legs are GREAT for sillage because when you walk, it really moves your fragrance around and fills the air with it so you REALLY want to spray your legs VERY well. No less than 30 sprays per theigh, 5 sprays to the front and back of the knees, and 20 sprays per ankle. MAKE SURE YOU SPRAY YOUR FEET, PEOPLE!!! I cannot stress this enough! If you don't spray your feet, you're going to regret it when that kinky chick comes along and is all up in the foot thing and gets turned off because your feet don't smell heavenly. Again, I stress, SPRAY YOUR FEET! Top, bottom, sides, toes! In BETWEEN your toes! At LEAST two sprays for in between the toes! And make sure to get under each toe nail - it really cleans out any dirt that's there.

The last couple are optional. If you're like me and you enjoy smelling your own fragrance, it doesn't hurt to spray each nostril a couple times. If you have a stuffy nose, the alcohol in the fragrance really clears it up to! The fragrance stays in your nose for a long long time so you get to enjoy it for the entire day. Also, you might want to consider giving your mouth four or five sprays. This way, whenever you talk to people, a breeze of fragrant air is projected towards them. I do this to make sure that people can smell my fragrance. I actually keep a small decant sprayer in my back pocket at all times to "freshen my mouth", so to speak.

Well, I guess this is it. Follow my instructions and you'll be one step closer to fragrance nirvana.
    Last edited by myaccolades; 7th December 2006 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    I spray absolutely everywhere. I've perfected the way to apply cologne and no one's ever complained so it must be the best way, right? So you should do exactly as I do. In fact, everyone on basenotes should.

I probably average out around 100-150 sprays per application, depending on the fragrance. If it's a stronger scent like A*men, I stick with around 85 sprays - I don't want to be suffocating people, you know? Well, I start with my armpits and work my way towards my wrists, spraying probably once every inch from an inch away so the fragrance goes on really thick and wet. Make sure to get the backs of your arm too! - that's the area that is most directly exposed to the people around you. I usually stop at my wrists but sometimes I spray my hands and fingers too so that I leave a "scent signature" on everything I touch.

Next, I move to my chin and spray the tip of my chin, then under it, and so on until I get to the base of my throat. I then move up around each side my neck spraying every inch or so until I get to the back of my ears. I've started to give the insides of my ears a few good sprays, as well. I find the fragrance lasts extremely well when spraying into the ear canal - the canal probably "holds in" the fragrance. The alcohol also cleans it really well so I've thrown out all my Q-Tips and don't plan to go back to using them if I'm going to be spraying fragrance into my ears anyways.

Onto my chest. I start with 5 sprays to my left nipple and make my way across my chest to the right one and give that one 5 sprays as well, you know, in case some hottie from school decides she needs help with her uhh... biology - if you know what I mean *wink wink* You just want every inch of your body to smell good. I usually then spray allll around my large, finely toned and firm pectoral muscles and work my way inwards in a spiral pattern towards my nipples. I'm scared that my scent won't project enough because my shirt will be atop so instead of spraying at 1inch intervals, I spray my chest at half inch intervals with the spray mechanism pressed RIGHT UP against my skin so that it will be nice and concentrated. Hopefully this works.

After applying to my chest, I can't ignore my beautifully sculpted eight pack so I give each of my abs around 4 sprays, sometimes 5 - for good measure. Oh yeah, can't forget my belly button! That thing REALLY holds scent well - I'd say about 10 sprays is mildly sufficient.

I won't go into detail about my... lower, and exceptionally gifted, area so I'll leave that up to your imagination but believe me, you're going to want to give it a good soak! You don't know WHO'S going to be there.. you know what I mean? *wink wink*

Legs are GREAT for sillage because when you walk, it really moves your fragrance around and fills the air with it so you REALLY want to spray your legs VERY well. No less than 30 sprays per theigh, 5 sprays to the front and back of the knees, and 20 sprays per ankle. MAKE SURE YOU SPRAY YOUR FEET, PEOPLE!!! I cannot stress this enough! If you don't spray your feet, you're going to regret it when that kinky chick comes along and is all up in the foot thing and gets turned off because your feet don't spray heavenly. Again, I stress, SPRAY YOUR FEET! Top, bottom, sides, toes! In BETWEEN your toes! At LEAST two sprays for in between the toes! And make sure to get under each toe nail - it really cleans out any dirt that's there.

The last couple are optional. If you're like me and you enjoy smelling your own fragrance, it doesn't hurt to spray each nostril a couple times. If you have a stuffy nose, the alcohol in the fragrance really clears it up to! The fragrance stays in your nose for a long long time so you get to enjoy it for the entire day. Also, you might want to consider giving your mouth four or five sprays. This way, whenever you talk to people, a breeze of fragrant air is projected towards them. I do this to make sure that people can smell my fragrance. I actually keep a small decant sprayer in my back pocket at all times to "freshen my mouth", so to speak.

Well, I guess this is it. Follow my instructions and you'll be one step closer to fragrance nirvana.
    Holy crap! Ten sprays to your belly button?! I can't fathom more than five there but I'll bow to your wisdom and give it a try.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 29th November 2006 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

....but seriously

If I'm wearing a long-sleeve shirt, I spray the back of my hands/wrists and hit my sleeve cuffs also. If I'm wearing a short-sleeve shirt, I spray the back of my hands/wrists and the top of my forarms.

I also spray the top of my chest/throat (once) and the back of my neck (once) with my shirt on. This gets some of the spray on the back part of my shirt collar and the lower back portion of my hair.

My goal is to get a good amount on the hairy parts of my body (back of arms and hands as opposed to the inner arms and wrists) AND a little on my clothes. Hair and clothes hold the scent longer than skin.

My routine usually comes out to 6-8 full sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, I spray on my neck ( left and right side ), arms, wrists, chest, back of neck and that's about it. I'd say fifteen to twenty sprays. I freshen up every two to three hours. I always spray something before retiring at night.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Post Thanks / Like

Legs are GREAT for sillage because when you walk, it really moves your fragrance around and fills the air with it so you REALLY want to spray your legs VERY well. No less than 30 sprays per theigh, 5 sprays to the front and back of the knees, and 20 sprays per ankle. MAKE SURE YOU SPRAY YOUR FEET, PEOPLE!!! I cannot stress this enough! If you don't spray your feet, you're going to regret it when that kinky chick comes along and is all up in the foot thing and gets turned off because your feet don't spray heavenly. Again, I stress, SPRAY YOUR FEET! Top, bottom, sides, toes! In BETWEEN your toes! At LEAST two sprays for in between the toes! And make sure to get under each toe nail - it really cleans out any dirt that's there.

Hahaha, good post.

I usually do two. One on chest, put on shirt, one to walk into. I'm more conservative about it than I was(3-4 sprays) since college is in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    Holy crap! Ten sprays to your belly button?! I can't fathom more than five there but I'll bow to your wisdom and give it a try.
    I used to use four or five but it just wasn't working out. Ten is key, my friend. Ten is key.

Remember to hummmmmmmmm while applying. It will sooooothe your fragrant soul

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. I light candles and incense when I apply. It really does intensify the meditation phase I go through directly after spraying.

Post Thanks / Like

In the bathroom...

actually I apply directly on the center of my chest. I find this creates the best sillage and longevity for me. I think the cologne needs to blend with the warmth of the skin to smell and project properly. The chest does this for me.
    I do 1 or 2 sprays depending on the frag.

a perfect example is the knize ten I am wearing right now. It has blended with my body and smells wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Both sides of neck, center of chest, wrist, inner elbow, behind ear (dab). That is about it. I usually don't do them all. I stick with the neck and chest mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

No point in being modest, myaccolades !

I too, like to give my balls and taint a good soaking of about 70 sprays of kouros every 2 or 3 hours to stay fresh.

hahaha I can't even finish typing this it's so ridiculous - you beat me to it, myaccolades! When I saw the topic, a million bad and funny things went through my head.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

myaccolades - the funniest post I have read on BN, bar none! The only problem is that my tears of laughter are washing away the Guerlain Heritage that I smothered my face with this morning - time to re-apply .

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Post Thanks / Like

Chicks dig a guy with good-smelling eyes! Gotta make sure to spritz the pupils a few times!
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    E V E R Y W H E R E!!!!!
    atleast 15 sprays (depending on the frag of course)
    15 sprays sounds like an awful lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    Chicks dig a guy with good-smelling eyes! Gotta make sure to spritz the pupils a few times!
    Ah, yes - the Special Eye Fragrance Technique, aka SEFT. I left this special technique out because it's generally reserved for experienced users. In fact, a devoted group of these people have banded together to form the Highly Advanced Fragrance Revival Unit (aka. HAFRU) in attempt to summon forth the long, lost, discontinued fragrances. By utilizing the SEFT, they apparently become one with the God of Fragrance Past and he enlightens them on the true composition of the fragrances of old.

I've seen the SEFT in practice and I'll have to say that it's results are quite profound - I truly believe they achieve enlightenment! Very often, they cry and tear without control, they writhe on the floor, and yell and scream out in unknown tongues! I've heard stuff that you would not believe. Stuff like "Dubbo-yuu-tee-eff-mayt!", "Aye-wosh! Aye-wosh! Aye-wosh!" (Must be a chant) and other odd phrases from a tongue that I do not know. I am sure that it is the language of the God of Fragrance Past and he has graced them with it.

Enlightenment usually goes on for at least half an hour - their crying and screaming of joy is a pleasure to watch! After their time of enlightenment, they are often unresponsive and must be brought to the hospital for treatment. Yes, attempting to perform the SEFT is a serious matter and I advise inexperienced users not to try it. Many have gone and have.. never come back. Most people are not physically or mentally fit for the SEFT and subsequent enlightenment. The doctors all ask me why my friends sprayed cologne into their eyes and I am shocked. Cologne?! Hello!!! This is clearly EAU DE PARFUM! How can they be so stupid to make that mistake? But then again, what do they know? They're only doctors.

If you attempt to reach fragrance enlightenment via the SEFT, make sure you have at least 3 or 4 people around to hold you down during your moment of enlightenment. Always summon a Basenotes Moderator to be on stand by in case anything goes out of hand - these are highly knowledgable and experienced members of the Basenotes community with the bestowed duty to maintain peace and a zen-like environment in all the world via the use of fragrances.

Always remember, be careful. Be prepared. Lastly, but most importantly, be fragrant!

HuhYEAH!!!! (scream with me now. T'is the Cheer of Heavans)
    Last edited by myaccolades; 7th December 2006 at 04:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

On a related and (believe it or not, true) note, I accidentally got some BdP on my lip the other day while smelling the glass stopper from the flacon. Not thinking, I licked it with my tongue, as if it was water or food.

I've got to tell you - It wasn't all that bad! It tastes exactly like it smells.

If you do try it, use no more than the residue from a drop!

Post Thanks / Like

My skin

Post Thanks / Like

• Normal fragrances: two sprays on my chest, one on my stomach and two on my back. Examples are Millésime Impérial and Guerlain's Vetiver.

• Heavy fragrances: two sprays on my chest and one on my back. Examples are Opium EDP, Piper Nigrum and A*men.

• Lighter, more refreshing colognes: 4 to 5 sprays on my chest and stomach and 2 or 3 on my back. Examples are Vettiveru and Diesel Green.

• Extreme/special stuff: a few dabs (with my finger) on the side of my neck, under my chin and in the little pit in between my collar bone(s?). Examples are Caron's Poivre and Tabac Blond, Kouros and Montale's Aouds.

Unlike myaccolades, I havn't mastered the zen of fragrances yet. I'm still only doing two sprits to the chest, one each on the front/back of my neck, one to the crotch, one to the wrists shared between skin and omega steel.

I find walking into a mist of one or two sprays when I go on break works very niice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by invisz
    Unlike myaccolades, I havn't mastered the zen of fragrances yet. I'm still only doing two sprits to the chest, one each on the front/back of my neck, one to the crotch, one to the wrists shared between skin and omega steel.

I find walking into a mist of one or two sprays when I go on break works very niice.
    Are you serious, do spray your crotch

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    Are you serious, do spray your crotch
    Hell yeah. Women wonder where the wonderful scent is coming from, and their incessant quest for knowledge sucks them in until I can seal the deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah. Women wonder where the wonderful scent is coming from, and their incessant quest for knowledge sucks them in until I can seal the deal.
    Spot on, spot on.

I like to really douse it.

Post Thanks / Like

The places vary depending on activity forecats or appointments. But unless it's for a hugging event like funerals and family, never on my neck or face. It kind of numbs me.
    Signature scents I do not mind on my best clothes even, otherwise shirt is fine. Leather coat and jacket get an extra treatment with Cuiron etc. from time to time! Better than moth balls.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it could work if you don't spray anywhere else but on the jewels...

Post Thanks / Like

Come on, crotch spraying, really?

Post Thanks / Like

Myaccolades, that was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!! Beautifully done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    Come on, crotch spraying, really?
    I've been meaning to comment on this for some time: As far as I can see — being serious for a minute — there is no obvious evolutionary function to pubic hair other than to retain scent. So it can act as a signal for when a male or a female have had sex (and are therefore, perhaps, taken) or are wanting to. Even the structure of the hair seems designed to maximally radiate any trapped scents.

So spraying any fragrance there must be incredibly efficient.

In the spirit of Myaccolades I recommend that everyone spray their pubic hair (being careful to shield your precious equipment) and strut boldly through some place where there might be receptive females.

Report back, with detailed field notes, to this site. A Nobel Prize awaits! (Because the bastards on those commitees don't hear anywhere near enough good sex stories!)

In the spirit of enquiry

Eluard
    Last edited by Eluard; 1st December 2006 at 03:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to actually shove the bottle up my ass and spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where do I spray.

Usually at the corner of 3rd and Main.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Summer season....Arms,back of neck, back of hands...
    Winter season......Back of neck...
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Not to belabor this point, but following on Eluard's post about crotch spraying, I decided to give it a try - just a spritz or two.

To use clinical language as to not be too graphic, I aim for the escutcheon. As long as what is supposed to be covered by its skin is covered, there's no stinging - found this one out the hard way.

The result? Ok, I admit it. It works a treat - now I've done it every day since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic
    I like to actually shove the bottle up my ass and spray.
    You must be very talented to be able to squeeze the atomizer/spraytop without the use of your fingers!

Post Thanks / Like

and in response to the OP:

Once on each bicep/armpit, once in my "pubic region", once on my head/hair - all before getting dressed in my under garments and my outer garments.

That's usually enough, but if I want a bit of extra sillage, I do the "up in the air and walk through the mist" after I'm dressed.

And I'll agree with Eluard and take it one step further, hair in general is a very good place to wear your scent. It retains the smell without directly contacting/aggravating your skin. It does warm up with you, and - whether it be in your tighty whities or on top of your head - it very much becomes part of your presence regardless of your state of attire.

Post Thanks / Like

I use quite a lot in the morning, straight after my bath and unscented deodorant, about 10-15 sprays (depending on the potency of the juice). I do: the chest; tummy; the sides of the torso (below the armpits); the neck (back and sides); back of hair; all along my arms; shoulders; small of back; and back of knees.

During the day at work I refresh the scent at least twice, usually spraying it several times down my shirt, back of neck, or wherever I can conveniently reach; and of course the wrists and forearms.

I always avoid the face area, since it can cause spots and irritations.

I'm another one who likes to apply at bedtime. Over the course of a day approx. 3-5 ml of fragrance may be used in total.
    :bounce:
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

God forbid I was out of clean undies the other day and had to where a pair two days staight -- so I spritzed them up with Envy and I was smelling smokin' hot all day long. I will continue to spray my undergarments. Nice sillage was wafting out of my pants all day long. Very nice.

Besides an occasional shot to the briefs, no doubt several (4-5) shots to the chest and a couple to each side of the base of the neck/throat area. Chest is key for maximum sillage and it's nice how it sticks to the dress shirt as well for extended longevity. Couple shots to my wrists/back of hand too.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, NO! You are all absolutely wrong!

Please go back to the first page and read my first post on the proper application of fragrances. Remember, if your 3.7oz bottle isn't finished by the end of the week, you're doing it wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, NO! You are all absolutely wrong!

Please go back to the first page and read my first post on the proper application of fragrances. Remember, if your 3.7oz bottle isn't finished by the end of the week, you're doing it wrong!
    I was wondering if you've given up the I.V. component of scenting up...? People pay so much attention to the exterior; but, as everyone knows, one's inner beauty is also important!
    "She allowed subsequently to Cottard that she found me remarkably enthusiastic; he replied that I was too emotional, that I needed sedatives, and that I ought to take up knitting." --Proust, *Cities of the Plain*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odinthor
    ....People pay so much attention to the exterior; but, as everyone knows, one's inner beauty is also important!
    You know, I've got this painting in the attic....

EDIT: Uh oh, shouldn't have mentioned that :-)
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

In a t-shirt - right, left center on the neck. Run wrists down both sides of the neck. Lift shirt - abs, happy trail. Get dressed.

Soft scents I will spray on shower-wet hair. Loud scents I don't usually have to.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Even though it's getting chillier I still enjoy spraying out on the penthouse balcony. It's a seven story penthouse atop a 40 story building in Manhattan, but the 7 great danes need their romp a few times a day around the perimeter of the building. With the weather getting cooler I also notice it's gotten windier, so that once inside I honestly don't smell a thing. I'm normally in the billiard room at this point so I'l give myself a nice squirt in the pit of my neck. A squirt over each artery and the back of the hands so I can enjoy it too.

H.T.H.

Post Thanks / Like

In response to the original post - Anywhere you have blood pumping a lot. Arteries, chest (heart), neck (jugular), hot spots.

In response to accolade, awesome post, I've gotten more laughs out of this and follow up posts than I have all day. You reminded me of a guy I stopped next to at a stop light. I could smell him in my car instantly. I still have yet to find out what cologne it was.

I also find that if you mix about an ounce of juice in with your milk in the morning, your body will radiate the scent for a couple of days... VERY effective!
    - Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odinthor
    I was wondering if you've given up the I.V. component of scenting up...? People pay so much attention to the exterior; but, as everyone knows, one's inner beauty is also important!
    Sheeesh! Don't you know the I.V. is for beginners?

I load shotgun shells with eau de parfum and straight up shoot it right into me, point blank. I fill platoons of Hummers with perfume essence and have them driven right at and through me. I stand in a particle accelerator and bombard myself with the high speed/energy particles of 10 bottles of M7. Now that, my friend, is hard core.

I'm currently a member of the Manfragrance Project to develope WMFD's - Weapons of Mass Fragrance Disperal. Hopefully it will be fully realized by '08. I'm almost done calculating the critical fluid-ounce of enriched Kouros necessary to initiate the fragrance-fission (code named 'FF') of one of these babies. For historical reasons, the first will be called Little Fat A*Men.
    Last edited by myaccolades; 7th December 2006 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    To use clinical language as to not be too graphic, I aim for the escutcheon.
    Interesting that you choose to use the term "escutcheon." There is another field that I am interested in that uses that term as well: Heraldry. Do you know anything about it?
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Thumbs up Re: Where Do You Spray?

I usually spray or dab on the pulse points - the wrists, side of the neck, behind the knees or the inside of the leg just above the knee. I rarely go over 4 sprays but it depends on the cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by scentconnoisseur
    15 sprays sounds like an awful lot!
    15 sprays is a lot! You may think you smell good but you may be suffocating those around you. It's not bad if you're wearing something like Gendarme.