Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Bnoters worst nightmare - cold season!

Well, it struck last Wednesday, the day before my birthday, I might add. A miserable cold. Stuffed up and blowing my nose like no tomorrow. But the worst aspect of it is the diminishing sense of smell. I couldn't tell my my Gucci Rush from my Azzaro Visit or my Joop Homme from MB Individuelle. The subtleties are entirely lost.

Since I couldn't enjoy myself, I took some of the scents I rarely wear and applied heavily. I apologize to those I've vaporly "assaulted" with some mediocre scents over the past few days. The good news is my cold has finally abated, and the top shelf juice is coming out again. Just in time for my vacation to England next week. Unlike the English football team, I save my best for when it counts
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Bnoters worst nightmare - cold season!

Repeat after me: the English do not have a football team! :-)

Oh, I know the feeling, manic, of having a cold. Terrible. I never seem to be able to shake my plugged nose... if it's not one nostril, it's the other. Yeuch!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Repeat after me: the English do not have a football team! :-)
    . Football comes from here and is played all over the world (that globular thing of which the USA is just a small part). I leave it for you to explain why it is huge just about everwhere except the USA. The game which you call football is a varient of rugby, also from here.

I know I shouldn't rise but I just could not let that go.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Use a Neti Pot. Make sure you use lukewarm water ( not tap ) and mix it with a little seasalt. It works!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Yeah, this is a terrible thing, to not be able to smell your scents!

I was going to offer to baby sit your collection for you, but it sounds like you've rebounded nicely already!

I've found that the "4-way" nasal decongestant spray does wonders. Don't ask me what the "4-way" means, but I'm sure just about any saline nasal decon will help. The stuff I get is from Meijers and it is quite reliable in clearing up the blocked nostrils and even helping to restore smell. I discovered it this spring in allergy season, whilst I was completely roadblocked in both nostrils for a month and a half. This stuff worked better than all of the other medication and antibiotics put together.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I know this sounds wierd, or ewen like blasphemy. But you should spend these days with out scents. I promise, it will be more of a joy when you get out of the cold and can use them again. Might ewen fell in love with some old and forgotten ones!

And another point. Big part of fragrances are memories, and I dont think you would want to remember the time you were sick when you use your favorite ones. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Use a Neti Pot. Make sure you use lukewarm water ( not tap ) and mix it with a little seasalt. It works!
    I was just about to suggest the same...

an inexpensive one can be bought at walgreens called "sinucleanse" I have used one for about 2 yrs now - awesome for colds, allergies, congestion.

I do not like cold season either. It is never fun to not be able to smell what I am trying to wear. I sometimes don't even apply juice if I am sick. I am getting the sniffles right now and slowly losing my smelling ability. I'm still wearing strong though!

Try Booth's Breath Easy Body Wash -- made with menthol, eucalyptus oil, and spearmint oil to open up sinuses and nasal passages. Don't use on face and near eyes though and don't leave on skin too long ... can be an irritant.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

This is the reason I drink and eat like 12000 pieces of fruit DAILY. Having a cold really is one of the worst things on earth to me and I do my best to stay away from it all winter... so far, this year has only brought me about a week of a blocked nose. I'm hoping that's all.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at